Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, they are also honest citizens that shouldn't be treated like lower class. If we are all equal then everyone should benefit equally.

Sheltering? Are you implying that the do something illegal? If not, then they should be treated as anyone else. Equality, remember?

There shouldn't be a line because we are all equal.
So you mean we should have a flat tax rate? Not sure what equality means exactly here but you’ll find eligibilities tied to income everywhere in this country

So you mean we should have a flat tax rate?
I meant the tax rate is already more than fair to lower income people.

Not sure what equality means exactly here but you’ll find eligibilities tied to income everywhere in this country
Multiple examples do not make it right. If two people have $1 they should have the same purchasing power. It's not ok for a bureaucrat to decie whose $1 is worth more.
Everyone gets EV credit or no one. This is fair.

Reactions: Krobbler
Nice. Here in frigid Minnesota, we have our water and electricity connection points in the basement utility room. For my house, running from east of home to west end through a fully finished basement has increased my costs substantially. Your set up looks like nice and clean!

We're planning to move in either 22 or 23, so I'm just getting a NEMA 14-50 for this house. Happily, garage has a fuse box, so it shouldn't be the biggest job. Electrician is supposed to be coming this Thursday. If I wasn't planning to move, I'd probably do the Tesla WC, though to be honest, the 29 miles per hour the 14-50 will give should be plenty. Haven't signed up for any EV power plan - may give Xcel a ring this week to see what they're offering...
Done with MN winters? Moving out of state or to the southern hemisphere? With the global warming, in a decade, MN winters will be a nice mild relief from the ever longer summers.

Done with MN winters? Moving out of state or to the southern hemisphere? With the global warming, in a decade, MN winters will be a nice mild relief from the ever longer summers.
I actually enjoy the MN winters - at least until February or so! No, we've got two young kids, so we need more room, especially when we have family come to stay. We're also about 15 mins outside of town, which is pretty, but time consuming when you're running kids to daycare, etc. We keep talking about heading back to NZ for good sometime, but houses are just so damn expensive there right now that it would would be like jumping down several rungs on the economic ladder. It would essentially be like moving from the Midwest to the Bay area. Similar situation to Australia and (what I presume is) your old stomping ground of Melbourne. Superb city that - I have close friends there, and it's been far too long since I last visited. A creamy, fragrant short espresso at a cafe/espresso bar in Brunswick St would do me just fine right now...

Last edited:
Have you guys who booked an MYLR in September started looking at quotes for EV charger installation? I booked an appointment for this month. My cheapest and most professional response/quote was from a Tesla recommended electrician. I also signed up for an EV plan where I get 6 cents per KWH in the night and 12 cents during the day until 5.00 PM. 5.00 PM to 10.00 PM is a brutal 28 cents. We will still have an ICE vehicle and I WFH 4 days a week, so our use of cars has gone down since the pandemic. My installation of the Tesla WC is fixed for the end of this month. I like to get things done in advance. I am however not buying any accessories until I know Tesla has not made changes to the design when it rolls out the 2022 model and also from January.
Definitely looking into home charging, and I'm scheduled to have the work done in early November - I want to be ready just in case my car comes early. The MYLR will be my only car so I need to be ready. I'll be charging outside, so I'm getting the Tesla Wall Connector. Good idea about holding off on accessories.

Reactions: 45thParallel
I actually enjoy the MN winters - at least until February or so! No, we've got two young kids, so we need more room, especially when we have family come to stay. We're also about 15 mins outside of town, which is pretty, but time consuming when you're running kids to daycare, etc. We keep talking about heading back to NZ for good sometime, but houses are just so damn expensive there right now that it would would be like jumping down several rungs on the economic ladder. It would essentially be like moving from the Midwest to the Bay area. Similar situation to Australia and (what I presume is) your old stomping ground of Melbourne. Superb city that - I have close friends there, and it's been far too long since I last visited. A creamy, fragrant short espresso at a cafe/espresso bar in Brunswick St would do me just fine right now...
Should I move back, I will be unable to afford a home in Melbourne. Crazy prices. My son and his wife too moved to the US, but settled in the bay area. I would love to spend a month or two on vacation in Melbourne but not move back. Driving a Tesla on the great ocean road would really thrilling in FSD mode. It is more than a couple of decades since I left, and this is home now:) I don't see house prices coming down much in global metro cities including Melbourne, London, Shanghai, NYC etc. Too many wealthy people are willing to buy houses at ever higher prices. A suburb, close to a large metro city is a nice affordable choice. Since our plans are long term, I went for a Tesla WC. One advantage of this charging option is that one can run 2 Tesla WCs on a single set of set of wires, should we decide to ditch our second ICE as well.

Reactions: voxel
Should I move back, I will be unable to afford a home in Melbourne. Crazy prices. My son and his wife too moved to the US, but settled in the bay area. I would love to spend a month or two on vacation in Melbourne but not move back. Driving a Tesla on the great ocean road would really thrilling in FSD mode. It is more than a couple of decades since I left, and this is home now:) I don't see house prices coming down much in global metro cities including Melbourne, London, Shanghai, NYC etc. Too many wealthy people are willing to buy houses at ever higher prices. A suburb, close to a large metro city is a nice affordable choice. Since our plans are long term, I went for a Tesla WC. One advantage of this charging option is that one can run 2 Tesla WCs on a single set of set of wires, should we decide to ditch our second ICE as well.
For gen3 WC it's separate circuits (which communicate over wifi to share the amperage). For gen2 WC you run them off the same circuit (with a junction box connecting each) with control wires between the two, that's how I have mine setup. The gen2s were hard to come by when I was searching a few months back to do this.

• Informative
Reactions: 45thParallel
For gen3 WC it's separate circuits (which communicate over wifi to share the amperage). For gen2 WC you run them off the same circuit (with a junction box connecting each) with control wires between the two, that's how I have mine setup. The gen2s were hard to come by when I was searching a few months back to do this.
The Wall connector on Tesla's website is generation 3 or 2? How can I tell?

I see. I was not aware of this. Thanks for an important bit of information for future buyers on the Gen 3 WC's. I guess I will be charging each Tesla on a different night:)

Last edited:
What is really crazy is if you order an MYLR 19" wheels today, delivery is now July, but the 20" wheel option is still April. So unless there is a shortage of 19" rims and tires for some reason vs 20" (which I'm doubting), Tesla is pushing the more expensive models up front.
As a business, makes complete sense to me - strike while the iron is hot. As a consumer, have 3 month difference just due to wheel/tires seems insane.

What is really crazy is if you order an MYLR 19" wheels today, delivery is now July, but the 20" wheel option is still April. So unless there is a shortage of 19" rims and tires for some reason vs 20" (which I'm doubting), Tesla is pushing the more expensive models up front.
As a business, makes complete sense to me - strike while the iron is hot. As a consumer, have 3 month difference just due to wheel/tires seems insane.
Actually it is a bit more complicated than that. If you choose black seats with 19" wheels it is July. But 19" wheels with white seats is still April. I think this is a major supply chain issue and I guess they are running out of both black seats and 19# wheels. So what few seats of black they have will give with the more expensive 20" wheels.

Interesting and if you do 19" wheels and black, but add the third row, it's April. So to your point, they're probably saving up the seats/rims for the more expensive orders.