Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well on day 230 I woke up to the impossible, a VIN!!!

I never thought I would actually see the day. My VIN is NF451***, I'm guessing that is a newer one but unsure.

But for those of you still waiting I found the definitive way to ensure you will get a VIN.....book a vacation. You will get your car delivered during that window, 98% promise.

I have a 7 and a 5 year old and with the pandemic we have never taken a major out of the state vacation. We booked our first for May 31-June 5th. My new EDD is now May 31st-June 4th.

I'll need to call the delivery location and work it out but that is EZPZ compared to this wait.
They made us wait how long? Somehow I think they should be negotiable.!! Congratulations btw!!!

Reactions: Kubelfan

I never thought I would actually see the day. My VIN is NF451***, I'm guessing that is a newer one but unsure.

But for those of you still waiting I found the definitive way to ensure you will get a VIN.....book a vacation. You will get your car delivered during that window, 98% promise.

I have a 7 and a 5 year old and with the pandemic we have never taken a major out of the state vacation. We booked our first for May 31-June 5th. My new EDD is now May 31st-June 4th.

I'll need to call the delivery location and work it out but that is EZPZ compared to this wait.
Congrats! Here's hoping I'm right behind you on the VIN distribution. Still stuck in "June" EDD...here's hoping.

Lol i second That thought about booking a vacation. We booked our vacation in January for 5/28-6/5 and i ended up with delivery window of 5/30-6/3. Go figure

Congrats! Here's hoping I'm right behind you on the VIN distribution. Still stuck in "June" EDD...here's hoping.
I'm stuck in the exact same place, "June." I've been there for a while, two+ months I think. Never seen a specific date range. I talked to someone at the main customer support line and he said that Northeast customers like me are likely in line for end of quarter deliveries. Some sort of a west to east delivery pattern exists according to him. Hardly reassuring

I'm stuck in the exact same place, "June." I've been there for a while, two+ months I think. Never seen a specific date range. I talked to someone at the main customer support line and he said that Northeast customers like me are likely in line for end of quarter deliveries. Some sort of a west to east delivery pattern exists according to him. Hardly reassuring
Sorry to hear you've been stuck that long. Yeah, I've spoken to a local SA and texted the main support group...both just say keep an eye on the account for changes and they see the same thing I do...which is "June". Very frustrating to say the least. I've been stuck in "June" for 3.5 weeks so far.

So today, day 241 - 8 months to the day - I join those of you that have received a VIN (NF449xxx). I see also some posts about the tow option perhaps being a slowdown...I have long suspected this. But I and at least another post I saw today received VINs with tow, so maybe help has arrived.
Question: does getting a VIN mean its built, or about to be?

Well I have horrible news. I was able to go to the body shop today amd she said that I dented the panel under the door and that because it is a sheet the quarter panel has to be replaced too. 😭😭😭😭😭

Almost 20k in damages and 30 days (at least) in the shop.

She said if my parts come in soon she will hopefully have my baby back to me by my birthday at the end of July. 😭😭😭😭

The tragic story never ends!!!

Well I have horrible news. I was able to go to the body shop today amd she said that I dented the panel under the door and that because it is a sheet the quarter panel has to be replaced too. 😭😭😭😭😭

She said if my parts come in soon she will hopefully have my baby back to me by my birthday at the end of July. 😭😭😭😭

It's so sad. You're almost using the price of a modelx total:oops:

They can’t call you when the parts come in and let you keep car until then?

They are doing that. They said it is going to take them 30 days to fix once the parts come in! Because they are so backed up.

They are the only Tesla certified shop in my area. Otherwise I would have to drive an hour away and they are also dealing with a back up.
That sucks. You would think they can give you a 3-5 day window, of when they can start work on the car, drop off the car then and pick it up no more then a week later. Bet actual work takes no time at all. But wow, $20k damage to a $60k car, so sorry for your baby.

So today, day 241 - 8 months to the day - I join those of you that have received a VIN (NF449xxx). I see also some posts about the tow option perhaps being a slowdown...I have long suspected this. But I and at least another post I saw today received VINs with tow, so maybe help has arrived.
Question: does getting a VIN mean its built, or about to be?
Congratulations! I called Tesla day after receiving VIN and asked if it is already built. They confirmed and also mentioned it is in transit.

Reactions: carlos31820