Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

Sales advisor who was helping me said one of the gaps was outside of their tolerances, but the service team I have been messaging with is trying to tell me it is most likely within tolerances and I would have to pay for it. I can fit my pinky all the way in the gap, which is technically how they measure it (dumbest thing I've heard). We will see what happens when I take it in next weekend. Very happy with the car overall though!

A pinky finger is how they measure tolerance? Who's pinky? Huge guy or small child? I don't buy that for a second. Tolerances are measured with a set criteria; usually a number relative to a distance (e.g. allowed to be 5mm out over a distance of 5000mm).

If it bothers you ask to see the "tolerance" specification and make them measure it. I see this as a lazy way of getting out of providing a properly finished car. Just saying "that's how we do it" does not cut it.

On the flip side if it doesn't bother you I would ignore it. At this point (8 months since order?) I am willing to accept almost anything lol.

A pinky finger is how they measure tolerance? Who's pinky? Huge guy or small child? I don't buy that for a second. Tolerances are measured with a set criteria; usually a number relative to a distance (e.g. allowed to be 5mm out over a distance of 5000mm).

If it bothers you ask to see the "tolerance" specification and make them measure it. I see this as a lazy way of getting out of providing a properly finished car. Just saying "that's how we do it" does not cut it.

On the flip side if it doesn't bother you I would ignore it. At this point (8 months since order?) I am willing to accept almost anything lol.
Yeah, I'm with the later part, waited for so long.... will it really stop me just because it's a bit imperfect?

I had same issue.. picked up last week.. had ppf no mudflaps... created service ticket for panel gaps (side door)... he said it was within tolerance.. I argued... showed him how it was not flush... they caved in and decided to fix it. I also had soft white noise while driving and the rep said top glass was not sealed properly... dropped off this morning (got M3 loaner) expecting call anytime now (they said 4-6 hours).

Last edited:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC