Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fingers crossed! Although Elon did tell his team to take it easy with the EOQ rush; I hope they don't take it tooo easy.
I have spent 10 years in auto manufacturing. I know how that industry runs. Elon's wish is not practical. You got to have monthly targets and push to achieve it at the month end. Don't runners do that? Are they going to run at same pace? No. Tesla factory will become a country club with less focus on quarterly and monthly targets. May save some overtime but will lose more revenue. Anyway, it is clear deliveries will slow down.

My 11/10/21 model y order that was supposed to be March/April 22 now coming 12/16/21. I refused as I stipulated that I did not want to order until 4086 batteries from Austin would be available. Tesla rep said I would be golden. He was wrong. BTW I did not get an email or text. I found out by going to the website and checking order status because the estimated delivery date disappeared!

I have spent 10 years in auto manufacturing. I know how that industry runs. Elon's wish is not practical. You got to have monthly targets and push to achieve it at the month end. Don't runners do that? Are they going to run at same pace? No. Tesla factory will become a country club with less focus on quarterly and monthly targets. May save some overtime but will lose more revenue. Anyway, it is clear deliveries will slow down.
I think the possibility of the EV rebate guaranteed a quarter worse than Wallstreet predicted. So, instead of fighting the trend Elon made it look like he set it.

Reactions: pgcoco
I think the possibility of the EV rebate guaranteed a quarter worse than Wallstreet predicted. So, instead of fighting the trend Elon made it look like he set it.
I don’t think EV slowed them down much for Dec. For those that don’t want to take delivery, there are plenty more that do. Just means someone gets one sooner than expected.

So the house has finished their 2021 year and members have departed. The senate is busy with defense bill, increasing debt ceiling before they can move to the BBB bill. There is no way the BBB bill will pass this year. In fact Manchin made a statement there is no deadline for it. Many members don’t want to vote on the bill unless all 50 Democrats commit to it.

Reactions: SpadeFire
So the house has finished their 2021 year and members have departed. The senate is busy with defense bill, increasing debt ceiling before they can move to the BBB bill. There is no way the BBB bill will pass this year. In fact Manchin made a statement there is no deadline for it. Many members don’t want to vote on the bill unless all 50 Democrats commit to it.
At the rate of deliveries based on EDD, the spreadsheet tracker and the August thread, I'm not sure my MYLR will come before that Senate vote (and ultimately the ink dries from the President's pen) lol

At the rate of deliveries based on EDD, the spreadsheet tracker and the August thread, I'm not sure my MYLR will come before that Senate vote (and ultimately the ink dries from the President's pen) lol
I honestly do not think Tesla Inc will alter production on a hypothetical proposed bill that is increasingly seeing roadblocks. Tesla is in the business of making and selling cars, not in legislative ping-pong.

OD 9/8, previous EDD was mid/late Dec; this am it reflects Jan 11-Feb 8. I wonder if this, and many other orders being pushed back, are a result of manufacturing shifts from the Cali plant to the TX plant. I'd be pleasantly surprised if an A showed up in my VIN...or it just could be a morning fog pipe dream

Reactions: xLane03x
Elon spoke against the BBB bill and said it should be trashed and no subsidies should be given to anyone including EVs and also oil and gas.
I totally agree. I don't like the government picking winners (union built EVs vice non-union), or even on a broader level subsidies period. Seems there is a very high demand for Tesla's with over 1M reservations for the Cyber Truck. Why should the gov give incentives other than to push demand to one manufacturer or the other? Demand is not the issue, supporting the union(s) is/are.

Elon spoke against the BBB bill and said it should be trashed and no subsidies should be given to anyone including EVs and also oil and gas.
Yup. But... subsidies to oil and gas and farming and timber and cattle grazing etc etc are here to stay for a good, long while. The only possible effect his statement could have is on the EV credits. And probably not that... either they will happen or they won’t depending entirely on Manchin.
And in truth, for the short term, only the customers and potential customers of a couple of companies that have exceeding the sales cap in the current credits would benefit from credits in a really big way. In particular Tesla.

Reactions: Tararua
OD 9/8, previous EDD was mid/late Dec; this am it reflects Jan 11-Feb 8. I wonder if this, and many other orders being pushed back, are a result of manufacturing shifts from the Cali plant to the TX plant. I'd be pleasantly surprised if an A showed up in my VIN...or it just could be a morning fog pipe dream
At some point in 2022, after the Austin Gigafactory comes online, I would expect a shutdown(s) of the Fremont MY production line to install upgrades to bring it in line with the Austin factory in terms of the configuration of the MY's being produced (i.e., using giga-castings, structural battery pack. etc.). Perhaps Tesla is accounting for such an upgrade to the Fremont factory in their estimates for MY deliveries, especially for the 2nd half of 2022. However, I doubt the early 2022 deliveries will be impacted much by the Austin gigafactory coming online since only a relatively small percentage of MY's will be coming out of Austin for the first few months of 2022.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael Y 2020
Sept 10 order date/profile complete (MYLR, 5 pass, white/black, tow, no FSD)
Original EED: Feb 9 - March 9
EDD Updated Oct 8: Jan 9 - Feb 12
EDD Updated Dec 3: Dec 20 - Dec 31
EDD Updated Dec 7: Feb 7 - March 7
You ordered on the same date as me, and your EDDS have pretty much perfectly mirrored mine. You're now 1 day ahead of me, as I'm Feb 8 - March 8!