Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got another update with a VIN number and an eta of September 16-21.
Buying my Tesla has been an experience To say the least.

So I got an email from Tesla today saying that the car was on its way and I needed to pick a date to schedule the pickup. Being somewhat worried the email would magically disappear I immediately clicked on the link and chose the fist date and time that was available. I am now scheduled to pick up my car this coming Tuesday evening. I’ll post if anything changes or if it goes well.

I have been keeping a blog since day one when I bought the car and plan to continue for at least a year or two. Just looking back at my other posts on the blog I think it’s interesting to see how much change and stress has gone on so far. I sure hope this is not how I feel once I get the car.😬

My order is as follows:

MYLR 19"
White/Black
No FSD
Tow Hitch

No VIN or EDD other than the initial order page saying 'January'.

I'm not in any rush, as our Subaru lease isn't ending until May 2022. Still though, I can't wait to get a hold of it.
I’m in the same boat as you! Have a lease until May 2022 but placed order now for hopefully delivery in Feb. My EDD is showing late Nov-Dec so may have to hold delivery for a month or so

When I ordered my MYLR on 9/5, the order page said January delivery. Then my EDD was nonexistent for 12 days. Now suddenly, I've got an EDD of February. Not happy. Might look into trying to get back my order fee and buying something else. Five months is a little too long of a wait for me.

When I ordered my MYLR on 9/5, the order page said January delivery. Then my EDD was nonexistent for 12 days. Now suddenly, I've got an EDD of February. Not happy. Might look into trying to get back my order fee and buying something else. Five months is a little too long of a wait for me.
I wouldn’t worry. I ordered in August and my delivery date was consistently saying December-January then disappeared for 2 weeks and now I received a VIN on September 14th. It’s all over the place.

Reactions: Ladybugn and ev_mtl
I placed order on 9/7, but my account doesn't show any EDD at all, any experience why? I don't see any contact in email or website to talk to, I went back to SC and the person/sales help me to check my order and said everything is good but another week or 2 past, and still no information of EDD, any suggestion?

I placed order on 9/7, but my account doesn't show any EDD at all, any experience why? I don't see any contact in email or website to talk to, I went back to SC and the person/sales help me to check my order and said everything is good but another week or 2 past, and still no information of EDD, any suggestion?
In my opinion, Tesla has no idea when EDDs are for recent orders, even if you have an EDD. Mine says February and I ordered 9/5 but I'm not holding my breath. Tesla has the intention of moving all Model Y production to their Austin factory in the near future but there is no exact timeline for the factory to go online. Even when Model Ys start rolling off the line, there will be a ramp up period before they are produced in decent numbers. Not to mention they are going to be using a new casting design that complicates matters. All this to say that there are a number of unknowns in production for the next 3-6 months which is leaving all of us with recent orders with no idea when we will get our MYLRs. Tesla doesn't even know at this point. It really sucks. We ordered at exactly the wrong time to get a quick delivery. Earlier in the year, people were getting their Ys in about 60 days. We are looking at 150 days or so. If I had other options that were a good as the Y, I'd be taking my money elsewhere but I don't. And so I wait 5 months.

I wouldn’t worry. I ordered in August and my delivery date was consistently saying December-January then disappeared for 2 weeks and now I received a VIN on September 14th. It’s all over the place.
This is an anomaly. Someone cancelled their order with the same config and location as you so you got bumped up. This is a huge exception to the rule but awesome for you! Congrats!

Received a M3SR+ on 8/21 and wife loved it so much, we ordered a MYLR white/white/induction on 9/1. Like many, it showed "January" on my first day, then it has disappeared. Zero expectations that it arrives before January, but with the potential EV bill, won't complain.
I am, however, super super tempted to upgrade to the MYP not because of the faster EDD, but because of the zippier zip it provides....

Ordered a MYLR 4 days ago with the following config:
- 19'' wheels
- White/Black
- 7 seater

Estimated delivery date was March.

Yesterday, I modified the configuration to 20'' wheels.

Now the delivery date is December 16 - January 15.

Yay, but - kinda hoping it doesn't get delivered until 2022!

Reactions: carlos916
I placed my order on 9/5, then changed the color to red on 9/8. My SA ordered it for me after my test drive. During that time the EDD was January on the order page. Since my order and change I made, no EDD on my account. Looks like Tesla has forgotten me, others at least show an EDD. lol

MYLR
Red/White
Induction Wheels
FSD
Tow

Ordered 8/6, didn't have an EDD once profile was updated, and just yesterday got an estimated delivery of March.
Same case here. Ordered 9/6. No EDD. But seeing random people are getting EDD, even those who booked on 9/14. So hopefully my EDD should be round the corner.