Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reading the posts again, it seems 7 seater and tow package may have contributed to push backs on EDD. Based on anecdotal data. Listening to Elon's speech at the shareholder meeting (YouTube) it seems like they are plagued by supply chain issues and they would be able to make a lot more cars if not for shortage of material.

Reactions: Michael Y 2020
Here’s something interesting…I ordered one MYLR Grey/Black, 19” wheels, 5 seat, FSD, no tow on 9/6…EDD is December 17-December 31. I ordered a second MYLR Grey/Black, 19” wheels, 5 seat, no FSD, no tow on 9/19…EDD is March 4-April 1! Either the two weeks between order dates made a really big difference, or priority is given to FSD.

Well, my EDD was just pushed back. A few hours ago it was 12/21-12/31, now my new EDD is 1/18-2/15. Back to that Feb timeframe…still, I have hope it will get pushed up as we approach the end of the year and with giga Texas starting production soon. Also hoping it’s a Texas build since Elon did say Texas will only be doing 4180 batteries. Also, hope the EV tax credit gets passed and goes into effect before I get my car. So it’s not all bad news, lots of hoping though lol.

Here’s something interesting…I ordered one MYLR Grey/Black, 19” wheels, 5 seat, FSD, no tow on 9/6…EDD is December 17-December 31. I ordered a second MYLR Grey/Black, 19” wheels, 5 seat, no FSD, no tow on 9/19…EDD is March 4-April 1! Either the two weeks between order dates made a really big difference, or priority is given to FSD.
I was debating ordering a MY LR starting around 9/5 and ended up ordering on 9/13. During that time the EDD pushed back 2 months. In the next 10 days April appeared.

9/2 order date. White MYLR, 5 seater black interior and 19” wheels, no tow or FSD. As basic as it gets as I plan to add aftermarket wheels. No EDD still. I called and they said profile is complete and everything looks fine. It’s just annoying to see others getting EDDs even though I realize they don’t mean much this far out. I keep second guessing if I did something wrong. I guess they just don’t want to ship cars to Pennsylvania. I know I’m in for a wait but would be reassuring to see an EDD pop up.
EDD populated today 2/4 - 3/4. At least I have something now.

Model Y ordered September, 2nd (changed design on September, 8th, so probably my real OD is 8th).
Long Range, 7 seats, White, White/Black interior, 19" wheels, no tow hitch.
Downsizing from MX - already sold, so hopefully waiting will not last beyond January.

While ordering estimated delivery shown was January (which year? :) ), now on actual order page it says nothing (looks like it's common for most new LR orders now).
I just ordered my Model Y on 10/04/2021 I have been given an expected delivery date of April 2022.

I agree there seems to be a non-linear chunk of supply where orders that came in steadily thru Sept are seeing dates all the way from Dec to April.

My speculation is that Tesla is expecting a production bottleneck in Q1 of next year as they try to spin up the Austin plant (but it is not yet running at full speed) while maybe doing some changeover and updates to Fremont - possibly to match the mega-castings and 4680 battery of Austin so both plants can make a matching product. It could also be a limitation on supply of batteries thru that same timeframe.

Either way, until we hear otherwise figure lean supplies in Q1 - take whatever Y you can get.

Last edited:
Ordered MYLR, White/white, Induction wheels, 7 seats, tow. Waited until January estimated delivery. I got EDD of Dec 13-31. I was hoping to take delivery in 2022. What are the best ways to delay delivery without losing your spot in line?
Say you will be out of town and that you’ll be back after the 1st of the year. My Sales rep said they could work with pushing your delivery date back in order to accommodate our schedules.

Say you will be out of town and that you’ll be back after the 1st of the year. My Sales rep said they could work with pushing your delivery date back in order to accommodate our schedules.
Smart strategy! I now imagine how hard it's going to be for Tesla to do their traditional end of quarter push if all buyers want a 2022 registration 🤣

Ordered MYLR, White/white, Induction wheels, 7 seats, tow. Waited until January estimated delivery. I got EDD of Dec 13-31. I was hoping to take delivery in 2022. What are the best ways to delay delivery without losing your spot in line?
I would like to know that too, not sure what can we do to take delivery in 2022 without losing our spot in line since I am not in a hurry to get the car even though I feel like getting it tomorrow. Would not like to loose on my incentive.

I would like to know that too, not sure what can we do to take delivery in 2022 without losing our spot in line since I am not in a hurry to get the car even though I feel like getting it tomorrow. Would not like to loose on my incentive.
Madam Pelosi has set a deadline of 31st October for the bills to be voted on. I think all of us including Tesla will know what is in store by 1st week of November. If they do income testing for recipients of the rebate, applicable to cars made in union plants, we will get only tiny bit. But Ford makes some models in Mexico so it will be interesting to see how that can be worded to benefit Ford but not Tesla buyers.

Reactions: pgcoco
Long time admirer, first time buyer! Glad to have gotten in before the last price increase. Received my [first] EDD this morning.

OD: 17 Sept 2021
Build: MYLR | White/ White | 5 Seats | Tow | 19" Wheels
EDD: 06 Feb 2022 - 06 March 2022

Of any months, September OD, has the widest range of EDD's for MYLR starting from December to all the way to March. So some change over may be happening in the MYLR or some shut down of the assembly line to increase capacity or something of that sort. A 10 day booking difference has made 2-3 months difference in EDD. It can't all be because of a sudden spike in MYLR demand. Just speculating on September orders.