Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please don't say red. I just put in an order for a red MYP.
Anecdotally, my observation is that if there are no issues such as lapsed loan, incomplete profile, missing insurance etc., then the only 2 factors that can cause delays due to infrequent batching is red color and 7 seater. I have also seen some MYLR's benefit from having a red colored option by getting early, but these are rare events.

this is just an update from today. hope they come to a conclusion soon :)

this is just an update from today. hope they come to a conclusion soon :)
Is Model 3 a car and Model Y a SUV?
"According to the latest text of the bill, the new benefit could only be used on cars that cost up to $55,000, vans that cost up to $64,000, and pick-up trucks that cost up to $75,000. "
Where does model Y fit in the above?
This would mean no rebates for S and X models, right?

"According to the latest text of the bill, the new benefit could only be used on cars that cost up to $55,000, vans that cost up to $64,000, and pick-up trucks that cost up to $75,000. "
Yes from what I heard and researched, Model Y will be considered an SUV. People reported that it is listed as an SUV on their registration. Not sure what states though.

semantics really don't matter as of right now. Everyone is HOPING for the passage of the legislation and reading too much into the whole rebate thing. IMHO, I hope the bill DOES NOT pass; while the EV credit would be personally ok, there are numerous, hideous IMO, other 'hand outs' in the 2K+ page legislation that is, well, I don't agree with.

semantics really don't matter as of right now. Everyone is HOPING for the passage of the legislation and reading too much into the whole rebate thing. IMHO, I hope the bill DOES NOT pass; while the EV credit would be personally ok, there are numerous, hideous IMO, other 'hand outs' in the 2K+ page legislation that is, well, I don't agree with.
I understand where you are coming from. I guess the time for that was during the senate seat run offs in GA, which was thrown away. So now it is water under the bridge and the reality is that the bill will pass. When was the last time, politicians did not agree on a spending bill?
That said, my point in quoting from the article was that SUV was not mentioned anywhere - just cars, vans and pickups. Thanks to Hertz, I am now clearly in the rebate zone and thus my interest.

Reactions: Michael Y 2020
I am not as keen to see my EDD these days! Seeing so many September order dates moving ahead by a month or more, I have a sinking feeling my turn on the chopping block could come sooner rather than later! I can deal with a date, any date, but can't deal with the Yo-Yo ride.
Based off multiple peoples orders and EDD on here with white/white and white/black there must be a massive batch of whites being ran in early jan to feb. I am also in the midwest with a white/white order and it was placed 10 days after you and my current EDD window is exactly 30 days later than yours.

Reactions: 45thParallel
I'm currently holding steady at Jan 13- Feb 10, but I'm expecting to be bumped back like most here have been. How Tesla can be so incompetent here just astounds me; I can imagine starting with a window of a month and progressively narrowing it down, but multiple movements forward or back by months is just unfathomable. Indeed, the simplest explanation for the expanding dates is that they're focusing on Hertz's Model 3s, and Y orders are just collateral damage from that...

Reactions: 45thParallel
My MYP just got delivered! 9/30 order, bay area. Wooo

Attachments

• Driveway - 11-1-2021, 10.43.53am.jpg
    Driveway - 11-1-2021, 10.43.53am.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 62
I'm currently holding steady at Jan 13- Feb 10, but I'm expecting to be bumped back like most here have been. How Tesla can be so incompetent here just astounds me; I can imagine starting with a window of a month and progressively narrowing it down, but multiple movements forward or back by months is just unfathomable. Indeed, the simplest explanation for the expanding dates is that they're focusing on Hertz's Model 3s, and Y orders are just collateral damage from that...

EDDs bounce around. My OD 8/29 had 12/7-12/27 EDD for weeks then jumped to "April" then Feb-Mar then stayed at 1/24-2/21 for 2+ weeks before my hold. This was all before Hertz.

I really think that these EDDs getting pushed way into the future are just placeholders until Tesla can figure out production capacity. The exact date when Austin is coming online is unknown and who knows how fast they will be able to ramp up to making significant numbers of cars. I don't Tesla knows the answers at the moment so they are shuffling orders around like crazy as parts availability becomes known and they get a clearer idea of when Austin can contribute to production in any significant way. I think this Hertz thing is impacting EDDs to a certain degree but that deal was likely inked in August when EDDs started to take a sharp increase in delivery times. If you had an EDD in Dec, Jan, or Feb and you suddenly have an EDD in June, July, etc., I would expect that to snap back in the coming weeks as Tesla gets a handle on Austin's opening and ramp up. Heck, my order was originally Jan, then February, then December, and I'm taking delivery in two days. Keep the faith my friends. I would bet that you will get your MTLRs earlier than you think (or for the unfortunate few, way way later.)

I really think that these EDDs getting pushed way into the future are just placeholders until Tesla can figure out production capacity. The exact date when Austin is coming online is unknown and who knows how fast they will be able to ramp up to making significant numbers of cars. I don't Tesla knows the answers at the moment so they are shuffling orders around like crazy as parts availability becomes known and they get a clearer idea of when Austin can contribute to production in any significant way. I think this Hertz thing is impacting EDDs to a certain degree but that deal was likely inked in August when EDDs started to take a sharp increase in delivery times. If you had an EDD in Dec, Jan, or Feb and you suddenly have an EDD in June, July, etc., I would expect that to snap back in the coming weeks as Tesla gets a handle on Austin's opening and ramp up. Heck, my order was originally Jan, then February, then December, and I'm taking delivery in two days. Keep the faith my friends. I would bet that you will get your MTLRs earlier than you think (or for the unfortunate few, way way later.)
I agree in general, but here is the million dollar question. If you order an MYLR white/black 19" Gemini, no tow; you get your order in September 2022. You order the same LR in Model 3 you get it next month. Why are only MYLR's back logged? I did note Elon wants Berlin and Austin to focus on MYLR's but what is holding MYLR orders to have some semblance of equity and fairness compared to buyers of M3LR's with the current capacity?

Not every tesla supplier is in the US and even if they are they are likely relying on foreign raw materials to make said components. The longer we have hundreds of container ships sitting off shore and other factors slowing down ports the more uncertain ship dates are for components. Then it cascades to delays in production capacity. I know many people who work for suppliers for tesla and in many cases they tell suppliers how many they want and by X date expecting the supplier to be able to meet it. With the current supply chain issues many are shorting tesla with components because they simply cannot make them fast enough.

With all this complaining I'm surprised telsa has not removed the EDD from the account pages. They should just leave it as we will contact you 30 days out from ship date. I've stated it before a few pages back but you should contact any other car brand and ask them when you would see a specific car and color or just a special order. Many with tell you 1 year+ or they simply don't know. Stop refreshing the account page and live your life it sucks you ordered a new vehicle during the biggest automotive supply chain crisis we have ever seen. You should be ready to deal with changes in dates.

Reactions: Michael Y 2020
Not every tesla supplier is in the US and even if they are they are likely relying on foreign raw materials to make said components. The longer we have hundreds of container ships sitting off shore and other factors slowing down ports the more uncertain ship dates are for components. Then it cascades to delays in production capacity. I know many people who work for suppliers for tesla and in many cases they tell suppliers how many they want and by X date expecting the supplier to be able to meet it. With the current supply chain issues many are shorting tesla with components because they simply cannot make them fast enough.

With all this complaining I'm surprised telsa has not removed the EDD from the account pages. They should just leave it as we will contact you 30 days out from ship date. I've stated it before a few pages back but you should contact any other car brand and ask them when you would see a specific car and color or just a special order. Many with tell you 1 year+ or they simply don't know. Stop refreshing the account page and live your life it sucks you ordered a new vehicle during the biggest automotive supply chain crisis we have ever seen. You should be ready to deal with changes in dates.
But then what are we going to do with our times? Do something productive?

PS: I still check my Tesla account at least twice a day.