Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same thing, ordered in NJ 9/11 got pushed back to August. I did not complete my payment method not sure if that’s is why, but I asked my SA if I should complete it since my delivery was not supposed to be until Feb and he said it doesn’t matter, but there is a good chance that it does matter. I contacted him today and he told me delivery dates can fluctuate in any direction and just wait patiently to at least 2022 where they will have more accurate delivery dates. He also said that the factory sets delivery dates automatically, that still doesn’t answer my question if they prioritize completed accounts over non completed.

Your completed pre-delivery tasks do 100% change your place in line for orders.

Once you order the car you are placed in a line. Once you complete your pre-delivery details you are placed in a prioritized line and the system flags your account as ready to accept delivery. This does exclude insurance information. That is only required once you get a VIN.

For instance if there is a batch of 5000 cars going into production with your configuration and there is 5500 orders for that configuration. Completed profiles will only be placed in that batch of cars to be built. The incomplete profiles get bumped to the next batch.

Reactions: Michael Y 2020
I started this thread almost 2 months ago and I guess this will be one of my last posts here. Took delivery of Oatmeal today. Yes, Oatmeal. Not sure why but when it came into my head, it fit. Anyway, paint was perfect, gaps were all even, most everything was spot on. Really happy with the build quality. It is light years better than the EOQ M3LR that I took delivery in September. Only issues were a blemish on the rubber trim around the passenger door, condensation on the left twilight(fixed), and the right rear turn signal not working. Turns out that they pinched a wire when installing the subwoofer. Took over an hour to fix bat all is good.
Super happy to have Oatmeal home. Yes, its name is Oatmeal. Don't know why, it just popped in my head and seemed to fit perfectly for the car.

I still am not believing that my MYLR is in my driveway after only 59 days since ordering. I'm watching you guys with 100+ days and am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Pics of Oatmeal and its smaller sibling Blueberry.😁

Attachments

• PXL_20211103_190029920.jpg
    PXL_20211103_190029920.jpg
    892 KB · Views: 101
  • PXL_20211103_190058932.jpg
    PXL_20211103_190058932.jpg
    1,019.2 KB · Views: 69
  • PXL_20211103_190119478.jpg
    PXL_20211103_190119478.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
  • PXL_20211103_190009631.jpg
    PXL_20211103_190009631.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
I started this thread almost 2 months ago and I guess this will be one of my last posts here. Took delivery of Oatmeal today. Yes, Oatmeal. Not sure why but when it came into my head, it fit. Anyway, paint was perfect, gaps were all even, most everything was spot on. Really happy with the build quality. It is light years better than the EOQ M3LR that I took delivery in September. Only issues were a blemish on the rubber trim around the passenger door, condensation on the left twilight(fixed), and the right rear turn signal not working. Turns out that they pinched a wire when installing the subwoofer. Took over an hour to fix bat all is good.
Super happy to have Oatmeal home. Yes, its name is Oatmeal. Don't know why, it just popped in my head and seemed to fit perfectly for the car.

I still am not believing that my MYLR is in my driveway after only 59 days since ordering. I'm watching you guys with 100+ days and am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Congratulations, I am so happy for you. Enjoy your car.

Good luck and enjoy your Tesla vehicles! One of us will be signing off and switching off the lights on this thread when the last September booking person gets their delivery.

Reactions: scoobybri

Congratulations, and Oatmeal looks superb! I'm still down for Jan to Feb, so we'll mind the thread for you and hope we're not the one to close it at the end! Just out of interest, how quickly did you go from a months out delivery date to being told you were getting it pretty much immediately? Was it just a message or a phone call?

Congratulations, and Oatmeal looks superb! I'm still down for Jan to Feb, so we'll mind the thread for you and hope we're not the one to close it at the end! Just out of interest, how quickly did you go from a months out delivery date to being told you were getting it pretty much immediately? Was it just a message or a phone call?
My EDD went from January to February, back to mid-Dec to mid-Jan, then closer again to mid-Nov to mid-Dec where it sat for several weeks. The last week of October we received an email telling us to "Prepare for Delivery" with links to videos and to sign up for online orientation. A few days later, we received the email to accept the Vision, etc. stuff. At the same time in the app, we saw we had a VIN on Oct. 28th with an EDD from Oct. 30-Nov 4. I called customer service to find out where the car was. (It was on a truck in NY heading to VA.) On the 29th, we got an email telling us to schedule delivery. Our options were anytime Nov 2-4. We picked the 3rd due to scheduling.

My EDD changed this morning from 1/09-2/06 to 12/20 to 12/31. I will likely miss out on the tax rebate and I am fine taking delivery in December. My Telsa wall charger is all installed and ready. I might get a better price selling one of our Lexus SUV's during the holiday's rather than in February.
I am in the same boat as you about taking the car earlier! I have my wall charger installed and I always catch my self checking on it when I go in the garage especially since it is so empty now that I am without a car. I am hopeful that they will allow a retro date on the tax incentives but who knows.

Reactions: 45thParallel

Congrats on the new wheels. BTW that's my go to breakfast....Oatmeal w blueberries 😆