Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know what you mean. My husband wants me to take the car whenever I get it based on the situation Tesla is in right now and not wait at all. But $8k is too hard to loose if I get my car delivery last week of Dec. I am very close to Fremont, and am sure, I will get the car in EOQ rush. Lets see what happens.
My date and your date is 1 day different. I suspect we will get delivery in the last week of December.

Another week goes by, lots of people seeing dates moving around. Smooth and steady for me so far, which you gotta wonder if it's good or bad, but I'm taking it as a good thing.

Model Y LR, White/Black, 5 seats, 19", no tow hitch (as base as it gets)

Order Date: 9/25 (at local Tesla dealer)
Profile Completed Date: 9/27

EDD As of:

10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (First EDD, 20 days after order)
11/12: EDD February 02 - February 22 (28 days since first & only EDD)

Reactions: Tararua
If I were in Congress, I'm not so sure that I'd be keen to sign off on this massive tax creditl just so companies like Tesla could raise prices still more and add it to their profit margin... I see Joe Manchin is now grumbling publicly about the credit. While I think he's just another lackey for moneyed interests, I'm increasingly doubtful the credit will do much to make EVs more affordable without strict price controls for model types. I'm far less confident that it will (and indeed should) pass than I was even a week ago.

My EDD hasn't really budged since it first appeared (details in signature) and I still have 2 to 3 months of waiting. But I did get my wall connector installed today, so at least I have something Tesla in my driveway.
20211112T142616.jpg

My date is still stubbornly refusing to budge, although for no reason at all I'm increasingly sure that it's going to update to a 2021 EDD within the next 48 hours. Given the mess that BBB is becoming, I'm not waiting for tax credits. I'll be pissed if they come weeks or a month or two after I get my car, but I'm certainly not going back into the big queue to go through this waiting thing again...
Let me cheer you up. I connected with my SA today to ask if northern snowy states such as MN and Canada get PPF. Here is what he wrote back: "The Model Y does come with the mud flaps and the rear door PPF. Occasionally these items are out of stock, but is something that will get applied through a service visit when they become available." We do not have to worry for PPF for the read door PPF which is the area with the most damage from road debris. One less thing to worry about. I ordered Key fobs
I know but would you be willing to take the delivery that time knowing, credit is just a few days away?
Yes, I am fine with it. There was no tax rebate when I booked it, so I am happy to get it this year. In fact, I let my SA know, I am open to receiving it earlier if someone declines the exactly same configuration.

Let me cheer you up. I connected with my SA today to ask if northern snowy states such as MN and Canada get PPF. Here is what he wrote back: "The Model Y does come with the mud flaps and the rear door PPF. Occasionally these items are out of stock, but is something that will get applied through a service visit when they become available." We do not have to worry for PPF for the read door PPF which is the area with the most damage from road debris. One less thing to worry about. I ordered Key fobs

Yes, I am fine with it. There was no tax rebate when I booked it, so I am happy to get it this year. In fact, I let my SA know, I am open to receiving it earlier if someone declines the exactly same configuration.
That cheers me up a bit! Are you receiving yours from Eden Prairie or Maplewood? I let my SA know a couple of weeks back I'm not going to delay delivery and would take a car anytime someone else postponed their order, but still no movement on the EDD. I'm actually off to Maplewood tomorrow to take home a M3 for the weekend. We're going to get a second EV late in 22 or early 23. Initially thought we'd get a M3 SR with an LFP battery, but I do admit that the ID4 AWD has been growing on me lately. Between, that, the M3, and maybe waiting a year longer for a Rivian R1S, it's a tough decision...

Reactions: 45thParallel
Received delivery of my Tesla Model LR this morning. One little hiccup where my agreement that I signed yesterday was blocked (later this evening found that it was bugged in their system), so I wasn't able to press the accept delivery button. The review agreement was showing generating agreement, with no option to review the agreement and accept the terms again. I had to call Tesla once the Tesla was delivered and on the back-end they gave me access via Tesla App. Turns out that wasn't enough since I wasn't able to use some of the features on the app like Upgrades, and Service. Since I was busy in the morning, I finally had a chance to call in the evening and was transferred over to the service center and this lady helped me out.

All in all, happy about the delivery and car! The car is in great quality with no panel gap issues, scratches, dents, etc. There was no PPF film on the rear and did not come with mud flaps. However to my surprise it did come with 1 year premium connectivity and 1K supercharging (from friend's referral). I thought the latter program was discontinued but great to see Tesla honoring it.

That cheers me up a bit! Are you receiving yours from Eden Prairie or Maplewood? I let my SA know a couple of weeks back I'm not going to delay delivery and would take a car anytime someone else postponed their order, but still no movement on the EDD. I'm actually off to Maplewood tomorrow to take home a M3 for the weekend. We're going to get a second EV late in 22 or early 23. Initially thought we'd get a M3 SR with an LFP battery, but I do admit that the ID4 AWD has been growing on me lately. Between, that, the M3, and maybe waiting a year longer for a Rivian R1S, it's a tough decision...
I will pick from Eden Prairie. Though I could pick from Rogers too, but EP is older and has more experienced people there than Rogers SC. We too will buy a second EV, but not for at least 2 years, until the inflation balloon comes back to the ground. I expect price rises will be retracted as supply chain shortages are overcome. It will all depend on the pandemic ending. Until then labor shortage, wage inflation, port congestion, shipping rates all will continue to gallop up. Crazy world. Good time to see anything of value lying around the house!

Received delivery of my Tesla Model LR this morning. One little hiccup where my agreement that I signed yesterday was blocked (later this evening found that it was bugged in their system), so I wasn't able to press the accept delivery button. The review agreement was showing generating agreement, with no option to review the agreement and accept the terms again. I had to call Tesla once the Tesla was delivered and on the back-end they gave me access via Tesla App. Turns out that wasn't enough since I wasn't able to use some of the features on the app like Upgrades, and Service. Since I was busy in the morning, I finally had a chance to call in the evening and was transferred over to the service center and this lady helped me out.

All in all, happy about the delivery and car! The car is in great quality with no panel gap issues, scratches, dents, etc. There was no PPF film on the rear and did not come with mud flaps. However to my surprise it did come with 1 year premium connectivity and 1K supercharging (from friend's referral). I thought the latter program was discontinued but great to see Tesla honoring it.
Spoke too soon. My wife found one problem with the small window near the driver side. It sticks out and you need to pop it in every time you open the door. Scheduled a service appointment and seems like a mobile tech will come out and fix it.

Attachments

• B56C8DC2-3942-4F8D-A166-5EC51CE105B6.jpeg
    B56C8DC2-3942-4F8D-A166-5EC51CE105B6.jpeg
    331.3 KB · Views: 69
  • FA2DDA5A-8233-434D-9571-B123AC2F9444.jpeg
    FA2DDA5A-8233-434D-9571-B123AC2F9444.jpeg
    287.8 KB · Views: 59
Greetings all. Woke up this am to an EDD update: from Jan 4 - Feb 1 to Dec 16 - 31. No VIN yet

Awesome! My efforts to move my EDD forward by sheer force of belief have (thus far) failed miserably. I'd be happy to have it remain at Jan 13- Feb 10 should the tax credit pass, but if i does, I'm sure it will promptly move up to December 27-30 or something like that...

I adjusted from an EDD of 12/16-31 to just a “TBD” value this morning, super odd… maybe that’s overstating it, totally expected change based on my experience with EDDs thus far.

Awesome! My efforts to move my EDD forward by sheer force of belief have (thus far) failed miserably. I'd be happy to have it remain at Jan 13- Feb 10 should the tax credit pass, but if i does, I'm sure it will promptly move up to December 27-30 or something like that...
I have the exact same EDD range holding steady for about 2 weeks now.