Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Omg Thank you guys
I feel like an idiot

I lost 3 months now
My SA talked me into completing my registration because he said too many people make a mistake and then get delayed. I agree with others, Tesla IT needs to send an error message until you complete your payment method and xx you will not be in the queue for a Tesla vehicle. Some aspects of the buying experience should be improved.

Reactions: cusetownusa
My SA talked me into completing my registration because he said too many people make a mistake and then get delayed. I agree with others, Tesla IT needs to send an error message until you complete your payment method and xx you will not be in the queue for a Tesla vehicle. Some aspects of the buying experience should be improved.
They sent me one.. it's weird that they don't uniformly send it to EVERYONE who didn't fill it out. Bizarre.

Reactions: 45thParallel
I know the feeling, I lost 2 months.
Switch to cash so profile is complete. It’s easy to switch back to financing. This is exactly what I did. Asked my advisor to open financing back up once I got VIN. Super easy.
Wow this info is counter to what Tesla SA just did to me. I was set on cash payment even though I was financing because their system didn’t allow me to fill in my bank info. This was the advice I read. The original SA said they’d get the info later when my delivery was closer. I happened to be chatting with a Tesla SA last week and mentioned I had a bank loan approved. The person said oh let me get the info since you are set to cash payment. She asked what bank I was using and amount financed. SA said if the loan expires and I use the same bank for a new loan then no need to update Tesla. My loan expires tomorrow. Now this info except for bank name appears in the Tesla app.

Make sure you completed your registration and selected cash for payment and uploaded current insurance card to be in the queue.
Wait a sec.

From what I read on the site the insurance card has to show the VIN number - as in its got to be the insurance for the car itself.

I can't do that until I have the VIN, which I don't have.

Are you saying to upload our current insurance for the car we are driving today?

Wait a sec.

From what I read on the site the insurance card has to show the VIN number - as in its got to be the insurance for the car itself.

I can't do that until I have the VIN, which I don't have.

Are you saying to upload our current insurance for the car we are driving today?
In some states, current car's insurance is good enough. There was a link in the car's insurance section about this. "Your Tesla VIN must be listed on your policy in all but these states."..

Wow this info is counter to what Tesla SA just did to me. I was set on cash payment even though I was financing because their system didn’t allow me to fill in my bank info. This was the advice I read. The original SA said they’d get the info later when my delivery was closer. I happened to be chatting with a Tesla SA last week and mentioned I had a bank loan approved. The person said oh let me get the info since you are set to cash payment. She asked what bank I was using and amount financed. SA said if the loan expires and I use the same bank for a new loan then no need to update Tesla. My loan expires tomorrow. Now this info except for bank name appears in the Tesla app.
Unless you are waiting for an MYP, it is best to list cash in your payment method and as soon as you get your VIN call your SA have them change to finance. An expired loan document may take you out of your position in the queue and treat you as if you just made a new booking on the day your loan lapsed.

Unless you are waiting for an MYP, it is best to list cash in your payment method and as soon as you get your VIN call your SA have them change to finance. An expired loan document may take you out of your position in the queue and treat you as if you just made a new booking on the day your loan lapsed.
Yup, my order is a MYP. Edd 11/29-12/27 . No vin.

Reactions: 45thParallel
Woo-hoo! Got the text to schedule delivery. Nov 24 in Bloomington, IL. Now to initiate the wire transfer and get an insurance card to upload.
let me know how your wire transfer went. I suppose you will pay a couple of days prior to 24th November? Please share if it was easy to dig the wire transfer information of Tesla. I decided to use the wire transfer route, rather than give Plaid Inc., my log in details to my main salary account. I don't even know who owns that business. In 2020, Visa tried to buy it, but could not pass the regulatory test for reduction in competition.

Not that I would wish it on anyone else but I was hoping I wasn’t alone in going dark. Thanks for replying.
So after i saw your post i was like let me go look at my edd make sure its good and popped open the app and the date was gone!

Clicked on manage your order
Redirected to tesla website and got greeted with
PREAPARE FOR DELIVERY 🙌🏽🙌🏽🎉🎉

EDIT - false alarm 😂😑

• Funny
Reactions: Michael Y 2020
let me know how your wire transfer went. I suppose you will pay a couple of days prior to 24th November? Please share if it was easy to dig the wire transfer information of Tesla. I decided to use the wire transfer route, rather than give Plaid Inc., my log in details to my main salary account. I don't even know who owns that business. In 2020, Visa tried to buy it, but could not pass the regulatory test for reduction in competition.
I'll post here once it goes through but it was easy from Ally Bank. The wire transfer info is on the last page of your MVPA.

UPDATE: Ally just called to verify the transfer as a security precaution, which I think is a good idea.

Last edited: