Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So when I ordered my LR back in early September. Of course I got excited and applied and got approved for financing through Tesla/US bank. It has now gone over the 60 day mark and loan is expired. Switched my order to cash that way credit isn’t ran again. I just hope the same rate of 2.49% for 72m will still be available come January when my EDD is set to be here 🤞

So when I ordered my LR back in early September. Of course I got excited and applied and got approved for financing through Tesla/US bank. It has now gone over the 60 day mark and loan is expired. Switched my order to cash that way credit isn’t ran again. I just hope the same rate of 2.49% for 72m will still be available come January when my EDD is set to be here 🤞
I did the same thing last week, switched to cash.

Tesla app changed again. I like the new set up. I see more buttons like Insurance, pay, review agreements and accept delivery. Is it a change in app or screen changes when car building is in progress?
From what I understand, good ol YouTube...........

You will see 3 changes in your experience as you get closer to delivery.

1.) App will go from EDD of 28 days + to 14/7 day windows.
2.) A VIN will be assigned, I know my experience the Tesla App made me log onto the website and accept a user agreement. Vin will appear on App and on website.
3.) Once your car is actually at the dealership and ready to be delivered, the app will switch over to a picture of your car/app controls but the options will be greyed out (until you accept delivery).

They seem to have made an app update last night that moved all of the "completion steps" to the app, interested to see when I accept delivery of my MYP next week if the experience I described above holds true.

Reactions: 45thParallel
Austin factory is not even fully enclosed yet and all the lots are still dirt. we have a while before its online even in low volumes.
Giga Factory is actually multiple buildings all next to each other. There is actual Tesla employees already hired and working. Was actually one of the Drone flights that showed the MY Production line with people working. But as I have mentioned before, first set of vehicles are expected to be for QA and Testing, still expected before end of the year. But will take 3-4 months to start producing cars for the market. So, we are looking at March - April before we see cars for the general public

Download the Tesla App​

Complete insurance and the rest of your pre-delivery tasks in the Tesla App
From what I understand, good ol YouTube...........

You will see 3 changes in your experience as you get closer to delivery.

1.) App will go from EDD of 28 days + to 14/7 day windows.
2.) A VIN will be assigned, I know my experience the Tesla App made me log onto the website and accept a user agreement. Vin will appear on App and on website.
3.) Once your car is actually at the dealership and ready to be delivered, the app will switch over to a picture of your car/app controls but the options will be greyed out (until you accept delivery).

They seem to have made an app update last night that moved all of the "completion steps" to the app, interested to see when I accept delivery of my MYP next week if the experience I described above holds true.
MY EDD has been consistent for 3 weeks with a date of Dec 24-Dec 31, a tighter window but as of this morning, its Dec 22- Dec 31. Not big a change but moving closer.

Also the Tesla app now says,

Download the Tesla App​

Complete insurance and the rest of your pre-delivery tasks in the Tesla App.

Not sure if I need to do that or wait till I get VIN? If I look at the mobile app, it says the same thing but with a active blue button to download the app. Any ideas anyone?

Saw some folks mention their EDD disappeared / reappeared. Anyone have their EDD pushed back significantly? Just checked today and my new EDD is 01/23 - 02/20 (previously was 12/22 - 12/31).

Historic EDD movement:
- Ordered MYP (White interior / exterior + tow hitch, no FSD) on 9/29
- Original EDD window was 11/15 - 12/15
- On 10/11 it was pushed to 12/14 - 12/31
- On 10/28 it was tightened to 12/22 - 12/31
- Today it was pushed to 01/23 - 02/20

Wondering if other folks have seen their EDD also get pushed back?