Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR | MSM | Interior Black | Seats 5 | Wheels 19" | Tow No | FSD No | Payment Option: Selected Cash
Ordered - 9/6/21
Profile Completed - 10/19/21
Oklahoma (will be picking the car up in Kansas City, MO)

EDDs:
10/21/21 - EDD 3/7/22 - 4/4/22
10/27/21 - EDD 2/23/22 - 3/23/22
11/7/21 - EDD - 2/12/22 - 3/12/22
11/29/21 - EDD - 3/3/22 - 3/31/22

Figured I'd chime in after seeing helpful posts that mirror my experience. Ordered Sept 29, initial date was April. Moved to March for a while and then jumped to Nov/Dec which had me scrambling until it moved to Feb-Mar after a couple days. Now it's saying June.

MYLR, white, 20", tow hitch, and white interior. It's been almost 2 years since I received my M3 stealth perf, so I'm really looking forward to surprising my bride with this. Thanks for those posting delivery date updates!
Tow hitch is causing delays based on what I see on this forum. My EDD was stuck for good month last week of Dec but this last weekend it moved moved to Jan-Feb.

Got a nasty text from Tesla

Action Needed - We still haven't received your selected delivery appointment, please select your Model Y delivery appointment at tesla.com/schedule/RNxxxxxxx

We understand timing is important to you. If you do not select a delivery appointment by this afternoon, this vehicle will move on to the next customer.

Reply to this message if you need assistance

Picking up in 5 hours! Any good check lists?
How long do you have to select the pickup date?

Question for the knowledgeable folks: when you're assigned your VIN, it means that your car now physically exists, right? Or are they still to build it but are at least close enough to assign numbers to individual cars-to-be? (Haven't gotten my VIN, just curious as to its significance...)

I got it the same day BUT, the sales associate told me that it was OK to release the car and then be one of the first next year when Tesla is manufacturing a new batch of cars that match my configuration.
I am just worried that if I can’t pick it up in the 3 day window I will get bumped and then after the new year I will wait a decent time since my config is alittle less common. MYP, blue, black, tow

Question for the knowledgeable folks: when you're assigned your VIN, it means that your car now physically exists, right? Or are they still to build it but are at least close enough to assign numbers to individual cars-to-be? (Haven't gotten my VIN, just curious as to its significance...)
I'm not sure it exists. I believe manufactures submit batches of VIN's during the production run. Because you received a VIN doesn't necessarily mean your car is actually built yet. With the current run rate, I'd say a few days to a week before it's actually built. I could be completely wrong on this though. Grain of salt.

Reactions: Tararua
I am just worried that if I can’t pick it up in the 3 day window I will get bumped and then after the new year I will wait a decent time since my config is alittle less common. MYP, blue, black, tow
In my rookie experience, Performance models have a much less shorter wait time than MY LR variants. Just FYI. Either way, if you wait for this, then when that time comes something else will come up to tease you to push delivery back even more, etc, etc...

In my rookie experience, Performance models have a much less shorter wait time than MY LR variants. Just FYI. Either way, if you wait for this, then when that time comes something else will come up to tease you to push delivery back even more, etc, etc...
Sure EV tax credit is enticing but I literally can’t pick up the car with only 72 hr lead bc of work and travel. But Jan 2 I am free.

The Tesla center in Maplewood, St Paul, has hundreds of spare parking spaces for cars. I don't see how it hurts Tesla to just keep delivered cars in their lots until Jan 1st or 2nd. They'd gain a lot of good will that they're not getting by sending harassing emails to customers who simply want to save money. We really should have heard more from them on this...

Reactions: pgcoco
The Tesla center in Maplewood, St Paul, has hundreds of spare parking spaces for cars. I don't see how it hurts Tesla to just keep delivered cars in their lots until Jan 1st or 2nd. They'd gain a lot of good will that they're not getting by sending harassing emails to customers who simply want to save money. We really should have heard more from them on this...
I agree. Wall Street is smart enough to know if numbers are lower in Q4 it means Q1 will be huge bc of that

• Funny
Reactions: 82bert