Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not being an apologist at all. I'm being realist. Sorry we're not all as entitled as you.
No, you're just a fanboi. And my sense of entitlement only extends to wanting basic competence and respect from the company I'm a client of. That's obviously not on your list of priorities, so I guess you've found your heaven.

No, you're just a fanboi. And my sense of entitlement only extends to wanting basic competence and respect from the company I'm a client of. That's obviously not on your list of priorities, so I guess you've found your heaven.
Sorry to learn your order got pushed out so close to your latest delivery date. I will not be surprised if many of us with September booking get pushed to Feb/March.

Reactions: Tararua
Sorry to learn your order got pushed out so close to your latest delivery date. I will not be surprised if many of us with September booking get pushed to Feb/March.
Thanks. My wife and I had actually just changed our Xmas plans to stay home. I am seriously pissed about that, and pretty over the way Tesla treats its customers. Hopefully the car - when I finally get it - will be good enough to offset the crap customer experience.

Thanks. My wife and I had actually just changed our Xmas plans to stay home. I am seriously pissed about that, and pretty over the way Tesla treats its customers. Hopefully the car - when I finally get it - will be good enough to offset the crap customer experience.
Looking through your posts it seems like you’re just angry about the delivery estimate not being 100% accurate, and labeling that “poor customer service.” Despite some of your valid points I think you need to chill out and maybe don’t change vacation plans based on an estimate? Have you tried calling to get more info? Your posts are just rants, as if you don’t want to find a solution at all, you just want to be angry…

Not a rant at all, simply a reaction to grossly substandard service. In short, if Tesla isn’t confident that its dates are even ballpark accurate, then it shouldn’t update them. In throwing darts at a board and assuming people will happily work around all these random changes, it’s showing a huge lack of respect for its customers. I wouldn’t meekly accept this from Lexus or BMW, or Toyota, why should my expectations for basic customer service be different for Tesla? If they’re telling me my car’s two weeks away when it’s actually three months away, then they're not according me the basic respect of being honest.

Last edited:
I just got an update with the same thing. I took my order off hold around September 15th. At that point the website was saying Feb for deliveries. My EDD had mostly been mid Jan to mid Feb, 2 weeks ago it moved dec15-dec31 then to Dec15-Dec29. On Thursday tesla sent 2 text messages asking if I had a trade and if I wanted to keep my order, so I started to get excited but I still had no vin. Today I'm back to Feb 10-Mar10. Seems the estimates are worthless and probably best to wait until you get a vin before planning for actual delivery.

Reactions: Tararua and MY-user
I have to agree that the EDD system is seriously messed up, and it makes it difficult for customers to plan for the arrival of their car. On top of this, Tesla is now canceling orders this month for customers who ordered earlier in the year, but can’t pick up their car in December. That’s pretty inflexible, especially when the car becomes available for only 3 days, which can overlap with travel plans. They could do better, but won’t as long as their loyal fan base puts up with it.

So I woke up to my EDD being moved back to February 08-March 08. What a ****ing shitshow. Really. I haven't even got my car yet, and I wouldn't recommend buying a Tesla to anyone. I'm dealing with a company that's utterly unserious about how it treats its customers.
I bet ya your VIN is a lot closer now. You know how it happens on this forum the EDF fluctuates all the way forward and then comes closer. I am sure in the next week you will get a VIN.

Reactions: Tararua
If you're on this forum you know that the EDD is all over the place for most buyers. Sit back, relax, and wait until you get a VIN before you get all excited about a particular date. My date hasn't moved in 6 weeks, and if it moved to December tomorrow I wouldn't do anything special other than wait and see what happens. There's no reason to apply for a loan, cancel vacations, or do anything else before you get a VIN assigned.

I just got an update with the same thing. I took my order off hold around September 15th. At that point the website was saying Feb for deliveries. My EDD had mostly been mid Jan to mid Feb, 2 weeks ago it moved dec15-dec31 then to Dec15-Dec29. On Thursday tesla sent 2 text messages asking if I had a trade and if I wanted to keep my order, so I started to get excited but I still had no vin. Today I'm back to Feb 10-Mar10. Seems the estimates are worthless and probably best to wait until you get a vin before planning for actual delivery.
yes, we were foolish enough to schedule an appointment with our bank to finalize a loan. I'll cancel that! I think waiting for a VIN before doing anything is the best advice one could give...

Last edited:
I think Tesla's delivery scheduling system is trying to be too exact but is nowhere capable of estimating the time period. No doubt it is a very complex system with so many variables including plant production scheduling, supply chain and material shortages etc. What Tesla should do is to move the EDD to an internal system and "teach" their system to predict better. Putting its future customers through this emotional roller coaster does nothing to improve brand loyalty. Tesla is trying to use an EDD system which is not yet ready for prime time. Like the FSD it is in beta mode. The survey and order tracker on this forum is showing a slowing down of new bookings which is good for Tesla. The repeated price increases and extended delivery times may have slowed the demand rate. There has been no entry since last month.

Reactions: BGOwner and Tararua
I have to agree that the EDD system is seriously messed up, and it makes it difficult for customers to plan for the arrival of their car. On top of this, Tesla is now canceling orders this month for customers who ordered earlier in the year, but can’t pick up their car in December. That’s pretty inflexible, especially when the car becomes available for only 3 days, which can overlap with travel plans. They could do better, but won’t as long as their loyal fan base puts up with it.
Yes, the cancellation threats are ridiculous. I can't wait to the EV market matures and there's more of a choice for consumers. If I had an equal wait for the MYLR and a Rivian R1S, I'd have forked out the extra money for the Rivian. No slight on Tesla, but it's near perefect for what my family and I would want...

Not a rant at all, simply a reaction to grossly substandard service. In short, if Tesla isn’t confident that its dates are even ballpark accurate, then it shouldn’t update them. In throwing darts at a board and assuming people will happily work around all these random changes, it’s showing a huge lack of respect for its customers. I wouldn’t meekly accept this from Lexus or BMW, or Toyota, why should my expectations for basic customer service be different for Tesla? If they’re telling me my car’s two weeks away when it’s three months away, then theyre not being honest with me.
You are the one who made assumptions about the accuracy of the EDD. A few minutes of browsing this forum and one can find plenty of similar stories that might have tempered expectations. Also, they are not "telling you your car is 2 weeks away", they are giving you an *estimate* of when the car will be delivered. They *are* being honest with you, it's just that sometimes things get delayed. It sounds like you want them to only show you an EDD if it will never get pushed back (since every time it gets pushed back you make a post about how much of a "sh*tshow" it is and how angry you are)

You are the one who made assumptions about the accuracy of the EDD. A few minutes of browsing this forum and one can find plenty of similar stories that might have tempered expectations. Also, they are not "telling you your car is 2 weeks away", they are giving you an *estimate* of when the car will be delivered. They *are* being honest with you, it's just that sometimes things get delayed. It sounds like you want them to only show you an EDD if it will never get pushed back (since every time it gets pushed back you make a post about how much of a "sh*tshow" it is and how angry you are)
So we need to treat the information that Tesla is giving us as being absolutely worthless, that's your argument in support of Tesla? And this is supposed to inspire confidence them as a brand? No, sorry. If a company tells me my car is 11 days away, then tells me it's three months away the next day, that's a massive failure by them. And, given that you are given a *very* narrow window to pick the car up before being bumped to the back of the line, it's not like you can ignore it. If we had assumed that this was just BS and gone to Florida, only to have the date be real, do you think Tesla would have just said "we understand, pick it up when you return"? No. We're being expected to prepare for payment, inspection and pick up, over the holiday period, in a small time window via a company timeline that's utterly worthless. That is an appalling way to deal with customers.