Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't delay until you get an SMS to schedule for delivery. My VIN came on 12/8 and the EDD is Dec 15-25. When called they said I might get it in the last week of December even though I want it asap. Looks like they are trying to squeeze some cars in before the end of the year.

I'm super concerned about the build quality of these when they do it in a short time with tight deadlines. I would rather wait than get a shitty car for 80k.
The way VIN announcements have dried up these past few days, it does not seem like they are rushing any tight deadlines. The way it is going now, these seem like the best vehicles to get, because they don't seem to be churning them out.

Reactions: 45thParallel
Off topic here, but what else are we going to talk about while we wait? I saw my first Mach E driving to work today. It was both smaller/more compact and more attractive than I expected; I was impressed. The growth in EVs in SE Minnesota over the past few months has been really noticeable. It struck me that a year from now, we might be looking at a dramatically changed automotive landscape. Charging is still the biggest worry for potential buyers, and if Biden's funding for DC fast charging isn't bogged down in bureaucracy, we should have a vastly expanded (non Tesla) network by the end of 22. With that, I feel like the only constraints are how fast and economically manufacturers can produce EVs. It feels like we're just at that phase where a niche demand/market goes fully mainstream. It's exciting to watch...

Off topic here, but what else are we going to talk about while we wait? I saw my first Mach E driving to work today. It was both smaller/more compact and more attractive than I expected; I was impressed. The growth in EVs in SE Minnesota over the past few months has been really noticeable. It struck me that a year from now, we might be looking at a dramatically changed automotive landscape. Charging is still the biggest worry for potential buyers, and if Biden's funding for DC fast charging isn't bogged down in bureaucracy, we should have a vastly expanded (non Tesla) network by the end of 22. With that, I feel like the only constraints are how fast and economically manufacturers can produce EVs. It feels like we're just at that phase where a niche demand/market goes fully mainstream. It's exciting to watch...

I’ve seen a few Polestar’s but I can’t get past the name on that one.. Any Rivian sightings?

• Funny
Reactions: Tesraki and MY-user
Test drove the Mach-E in September before deciding on the Y. It was okay, but felt cramped, no head room, UI was sluggish and unintuitive. Seemed slower in responsiveness. The sales associates weren't exactly inviting or knowledgeable either, so that was a big turn off. The frunk was the coolest part, it has a drain plug so you can fill it with ice.

Reactions: Tararua
Oh yeah I completely understand what you are trying to say. But, as a customer I want a normal estimated time frame. No one wants EDD bouncing around, one day in Dec, a week later in Jan , then June and back to Jan and Dec. This is not logical. I am sure they don't know anything about this either and they have to deal with frustrated customers like us but a little more or any kind of information is expected. They work in the company, they should have some kind of a positive reply/guestimate??

I am in IT and when servers go down, I have an estimate on when things can be back in business, I just don't say, "I don't know"
I don't need a firm date, knowing shortages in parts is going on but EDD bouncing around 6 months and all of a sudden VIN in the account, its just amazing.
Guess since my 'travel experience' of every month since April having an updated EDD of next month for my recliner is normal for a customer too. Funny, when my pc network goes down and I call IT, they say we're working on it; guess that's better than next month.

Guess since my 'travel experience' of every month since April having an updated EDD of next month for my recliner is normal for a customer too. Funny, when my pc network goes down and I call IT, they say we're working on it; guess that's better than next month.
No, I would call that bad customer service. If there is an delay they should mention it so that the customer is not left hanging. Could you cancel your recliner order?

Reactions: Tararua
I personally don't like gov't picking winners and losers via rebates/tax credits/incentives etc...Tesla didn't receive any gov't aid to build out its supercharger network, why should anyone else? I watched a vid and Elon said it would be best to end all gov't subsidies, since it directly affects the national debt. Plus, with receiving said gov't 'aid', along comes gov't mandates, regulations, hurdles, hamstrings, etc to follow. Elon made a good point, which gas station received any gov't funding? Let the gov't build roads, bridges, etc... NOT cars or charging stations

Elon said it would be best to end all gov't subsidies

This is Elon's real point, but it rarely gets quoted in full. He knows better than anyone that without the litany of fossil fuel subsidies embedded in the economy and the Gov budget, EVs would be the cheapest transportation choice. And if fossil fuel users had to pay currently externalized costs, those industries would die off faster than you can say ' Mary Barra is FOS.'

Reactions: Michael Y 2020
I waited 6+ months for a SecretLab office chair for my home office/man cave (just for fun, not work). Was worth the wait. I didn’t have ANY EDD on that order either.

I’m now thinking that was just my practice for the Tesla order. Plus right now I’m driving a dinosaur 2004 F250. It’s kinda like my old office chair; perfectly reliable, but not super comfy, smells like farts and ain’t no Tesla!

I waited 6+ months for a SecretLab office chair for my home office/man cave (just for fun, not work). Was worth the wait. I didn’t have ANY EDD on that order either.

I’m now thinking that was just my practice for the Tesla order. Plus right now I’m driving a dinosaur 2004 F250. It’s kinda like my old office chair; perfectly reliable, but not super comfy, smells like farts and ain’t no Tesla!
Wow 6 months?!? I am glad I didn’t go through that. I ordered mine just before Black Friday when they had the BF deal and got it 4 days later. The Tesla, on the other hand, is more 4-6 months later.

Just got a somewhat hopeful response with a new group tasked with wrangling all of us waiting out here. Could be just a deflection but I found it encouraging at least.

Attachments

• 166C6799-5986-4F8B-BC1D-530FB73CFCD0.jpeg
    166C6799-5986-4F8B-BC1D-530FB73CFCD0.jpeg
    807.5 KB · Views: 94
I totally understand each and everyone one of us wants the latest/greatest updated status, more specifically EDD, on their orders. I would suggest we consider the flip side of the coin. Imagine if you are a SA and receive hundreds of calls/emails every single day. While this is part of their job, I'd assume the SA has other tasks to complete as well. The SA has more info that we do, but sometimes its the same info as well. Checking your app, calling/emailing your SA every single day will not speed up your delivery, in my humble opinion; even refreshing the app 30 times a day will not speed up your EDD.

On a side note to show how America has shipped its manufacturing overseas, mostly to China, I ordered a 'USA made' Lazy Boy recliner back in April. Just today, I received a text that it's in and to 'click to schedule delivery'. I called monthly since April to receive an EDD of 'next month' every month. If some people want to *itch about poor SA service, long EDDs, etc...I'd recommend a different route that may speed things up. How about we start making our own stuff? IE, lets make our own chips/components to automobiles that are 'made', rather assembled in America. BTW, Lazy Boy told me that they were backordered on foam imported from guess where.
Lmao. Well said

What do think of the Ioniq 5? Quite a bit cheaper than Model Y. Eligible for $7.5K tax credit.
I think it’s an extremely compelling vehicle and probably tied with the Mach-E in my mind, great design, sounds like it’s fun to drive, etc… the issue is volume, they’re not able to churn enough out and I’m guessing it’ll be a year before there’s any sort of significant production volume. Love seeing all the new electric options, but Teslas biggest competitive advantage is their production capacity as Austin comes online.

What do think of the Ioniq 5? Quite a bit cheaper than Model Y. Eligible for $7.5K tax credit.
I love it. I think it's just superbly designed with that retro dot theme. There are some great reviews on youtube, and I'd love to be able to drive one. Like @BTVev , I suspect it won't be produced at the rate Hyundai wants for a year or so. But 300 miles of range, a cool interior, peppy acceleration, etc. - Hyundai have hit it out of the ballpark. The only thing I really don't like is the crazy small frunk it has...

Maybe an unpopular opinion here. But I honestly like all of the new EVs. Can’t say there’s one I really dislike. For me, Tesla took the cake because of performance, powertrain, charging infrastructure, software, little goodies (like changing the horn, games, smooth UI), their vertical integration and constant CD/CI, including OTA updates. I actually used to dislike the physical lines of the Y. But it really grew on me and after a test drive. Sold.

Co worker of mine just got his Mach e. It sure is gorgeous in person. Really liked it. Just makes me that much more excited to finally get our Tesla so we can be the two in our building with sweet EVs!