Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe an unpopular opinion here. But I honestly like all of the new EVs. Can’t say there’s one I really dislike. For me, Tesla took the cake because of performance, powertrain, charging infrastructure, software, little goodies (like changing the horn, games, smooth UI), their vertical integration and constant CD/CI, including OTA updates. I actually used to dislike the physical lines of the Y. But it really grew on me and after a test drive. Sold.

Co worker of mine just got his Mach e. It sure is gorgeous in person. Really liked it. Just makes me that much more excited to finally get our Tesla so we can be the two in our building with sweet EVs!

I agree.. I actually like the styling of other EV's like the Mach e much better then Tesla but I am willing to overlook that because I believe the software and efficiency is more important . The software in my tesla will be updated long after the warranty expires and I'll mostly be able to upgrade my Tesla with options available in newer models

My one tesla gripe is the lack of factory options. I like a display in front of me . I'd much perfer a factory option then a 3rd party one and not really sure why tesla hasn't tapped this need yet. ( Although I think its likely beause there is nothing much to differenciate the much more expensive S & X models )

Reactions: Terminator857
I agree.. I actually like the styling of other EV's like the Mach e much better then Tesla but I am willing to overlook that because I believe the software and efficiency is more important . The software in my tesla will be updated long after the warranty expires and I'll mostly be able to upgrade my Tesla with options available in newer models

My one tesla gripe is the lack of factory options. I like a display in front of me . I'd much perfer a factory option then a 3rd party one and not really sure why tesla hasn't tapped this need yet. ( Although I think its likely beause there is nothing much to differenciate the much more expensive S & X models )
Heheh, could be worse -- no display in front of you AND yoke steering.

• Funny
Reactions: CRIMSON_DATE
What do think of the Ioniq 5? Quite a bit cheaper than Model Y. Eligible for $7.5K tax credit.
Pay for what you get. Check the specs out. If you don't mind the difference than go with the cheaper model. Didn't the House bill said EVs made in America qualify for the tax credit....although the entire bill is a long shot/way off. Plus, the Ioniq Q is only available to the waiting line in certain states. How's there charging network, cheap?

Pay for what you get. Check the specs out. If you don't mind the difference than go with the cheaper model. Didn't the House bill said EVs made in America qualify for the tax credit....although the entire bill is a long shot/way off. Plus, the Ioniq Q is only available to the waiting line in certain states. How's there charging network, cheap?

It still qualifies under the 200k cap per manufacturer for the existing EV credit so if you can get one you will get the $7500

Maybe an unpopular opinion here. But I honestly like all of the new EVs. Can’t say there’s one I really dislike.
I pretty much agree! It's an awesome time for EV enthusiasts, and for the auto industry as a whole. I like the Model Y's look, but I think the Model 3 is obviously the better looking (but too small for our family of four). I just want my car. Today is day 97, and I when I get it I want it to be so awesome that the whole crap experience of the wait, EDD shifts, etc., quickly becomes a memory...

I like the Model Y's look, but I think the Model 3 is obviously the better looking (but too small for our family of four).
I recently sold my Model 3 and have an order for the Model Y. I expect the Model Y to be functionally perfect since it adds towing, a cavernous storage area and a hatchback, but I liked my Model 3's looks and dynamics more than any other car I have ever owned.

Today is day 97
Day 82 here. I completely agree and feel your frustration. I took advantage of the used car craziness and sold our old car to Carvana for what we paid for it. So ready to put the farm truck back on the farm. Also concerned that my edd has just disappeared, but I’m always down to be surprised with a nice update! Fingers crossed for you as well!

Day 82 here. I completely agree and feel your frustration. I took advantage of the used car craziness and sold our old car to Carvana for what we paid for it. So ready to put the farm truck back on the farm. Also concerned that my edd has just disappeared, but I’m always down to be surprised with a nice update! Fingers crossed for you as well!
Today is day 101... and according to my EDD, it's going to be another 93 - 120 days. :eek:😭

Reactions: butYtho and Tararua
Today is day 101... and according to my EDD, it's going to be another 93 - 120 days. :eek:😭
Day 93 for me. with another 37-69 to wait.

I doubt Tesla planned this but all the EDD jumping has built a community here that really wants the car. In 2018 I ordered a Honda Pilot. It took 3 months, never received an EDD update, and never once did I look for a forum to see how long others were waiting.

Could it be that all the EDD changes make us want it more? I refresh at least 5 times a day, look up model Y delivery news every day, etc. It’d be funny if that was Tesla’s intent.

It’d be funny if that was Tesla’s intent.
I wouldn’t be surprised. Just how Tesla has no marketing and/or PR budget/department, yet somehow Elons emails always “leak.” The cybertruck was just “accidentally” caught testing recently with no attempt to conceal anything. Not even that huge wiper that make people suck up small portions of their chairs.

Very shhhmart they seem to be, IMHO.

More delays = more damn accessories purchased though. Sigh.

• Funny
Reactions: Michael Y 2020
Maybe an unpopular opinion here. But I honestly like all of the new EVs. Can’t say there’s one I really dislike. For me, Tesla took the cake because of performance, powertrain, charging infrastructure, software, little goodies (like changing the horn, games, smooth UI), their vertical integration and constant CD/CI, including OTA updates. I actually used to dislike the physical lines of the Y. But it really grew on me and after a test drive. Sold.

Co worker of mine just got his Mach e. It sure is gorgeous in person. Really liked it. Just makes me that much more excited to finally get our Tesla so we can be the two in our building with sweet EVs!
I agree. What an exciting time! Electric vehicles have been around since the 1800's but today were taking the leap. I had an reservation on the RWD ID.4. I really like how stealth that car is. I've seen 3 of them on the road and it makes me smile because they just "happen to be" electric. No wild design moves, just a solid, normal SUV that happens to be an EV. I went with the Y because of the performance and technology - but that's the thing: we're seeing choice now. It's great! I can't wait to see some of the sedans in the next few years.

Reactions: butYtho and Tararua
I pretty much agree! It's an awesome time for EV enthusiasts, and for the auto industry as a whole. I like the Model Y's look, but I think the Model 3 is obviously the better looking (but too small for our family of four). I just want my car. Today is day 97, and I when I get it I want it to be so awesome that the whole crap experience of the wait, EDD shifts, etc., quickly becomes a memory...
Today is Day 103 for me. Seems like so long. I just want the car now and looking at the EV credit news, it doesn't look like its going to pass and might extend till March. Now no need to wait, wish I get my VIN today.