Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations. When you get your car, please let us know if you see a 12 Li-ion battery and AMD Ryzen chip. I saw twitter feed from Teslascope on this topic. Some say it is only on 3, but today I read in the Model Y Sub Reddit that some one with MYLR also reported it. It will make our wait worthwhile if this story is indeed true.

I'll let you know. the NF3446xx VIN seems to date to a week or two ago, may not be absolutely latest. I am guessing it won't contain the updates, but I will try to find out if/when I get delivery.

Reactions: 45thParallel
Question ....how do you check if our VIN would have 12 Li-ion battery and AMD Ryzen chip or Atom one?
Also, how can we check when our car was manufactured??

Just an FYI, found out from my friend who picked up car today that Tesla in Rocklin CA is not letting to inspect the car from inside..hmmmmm....Dont like that but will see.

Question ....how do you check if our VIN would have 12 Li-ion battery and AMD Ryzen chip or Atom one?
Also, how can we check when our car was manufactured??

Just an FYI, found out from my friend who picked up car today that Tesla in Rocklin CA is not letting to inspect the car from inside..hmmmmm....Dont like that but will see.

Version check can be done on the car-info screen somewhere.

We don't know when it kicked in, or which cars get the updates. Seems like it's very recent, so maybe up around NF35xxxx or higher - that's just my guess. I will have info on a NF3446xx MYLR on Friday

For those interested in he AMD cpu update and Lithium 12V battery upgrades, my searching seems to suggest these are either rare or almost non-existent so far on Model Y. The Model 3's do seem to be getting them in the last week or so. In contrast lots of confirmations of existing-cpu on Model Y's all the way up into the 35xxxx VIN region. Clearly it will eventually roll everywhere, but I would not set near term expectations too high. There is always gonna be the "next feature" - especially at Tesla.

For those interested in he AMD cpu update and Lithium 12V battery upgrades, my searching seems to suggest these are either rare or almost non-existent so far on Model Y. The Model 3's do seem to be getting them in the last week or so. In contrast lots of confirmations of existing-cpu on Model Y's all the way up into the 35xxxx VIN region. Clearly it will eventually roll everywhere, but I would not set near term expectations too high. There is always gonna be the "next feature" - especially at Tesla.
They are rare, but not non-existent. There is a tracker on this forum and it seems both Model 3 and Model Y LR have started getting it.
1640891435652.png

Guess what guys...I got a text that my car is ready and I can come pick up today instead of tomorrow. WOHOOOOOOOOO

Me and kids are cleaning my old car. Too short notice. Happy to get the new car but sad to give away my old minivan. I have so many memories attached to it. My kids grew up in that car.
Good luck! Do post about your experience and lots of photos. I am hoping my car comes in February, not January. With so much snow on the ground I would rather deal with a new car in Spring.

I agree but I say give it another 1-1.5wks and let’s see. This initial batch could Have been a test run? And they will start putting them in, starting Q1 2022.