Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9/2 OD, 9/4 Profile Complete

MYLR Blue w/ Black Interior, Tow Hitch, No FSD.

Just received VIN and updated Delivery Date of Jan 1st - 11th around 9:30pm PST tonight.

Location is Bay Area.

Is it weird that I’m more nervous than excited? I’ve waited nearly 4 months, it almost felt like this day would never come.

As an update, this morning I got a flurry of texts from Tesla (the same were used to seeing), and was shocked to see they wanted to try and deliver it tomorrow (the 31st) around 4pm. Definitely NOT enough advance notice to secure financing.

Spent the day anxious and worried calling banks and applying for loans and trying to get them to expedite it. Finally got it figured out, went to walk the dog, and happened to open the app around 4pm to see that my VIN was removed but the delivery appointment tomorrow is still there.

No idea if I’ll get a car tomorrow or not. While buying a car from Tesla is factually easier and more streamlined, the car delivery and timing portion is a complete *sugar* show that really causes a lot of anxiety in their customers for seemingly no reason.

Would be so nice to have a electrical panel in the garage instead of in the basement on opposite side of house. Been getting Quotes this week to have my outlet installed.
Back in September, I installed a 125A sub panel in the garage. It connects into the 200A main service before the main breaker box in the home. Then ran the charger lines from the new sub panel. Sure am glad I did it in sept now that it’s 11 degrees outside.

Back in September, I installed a 125A sub panel in the garage. It connects into the 200A main service before the main breaker box in the home. Then ran the charger lines from the new sub panel. Sure am glad I did it in sept now that it’s 11 degrees outside.
Damn, impressive. Glad mine is not going to be that complicated. Quotes are running me $1000-$1200 on average

They are rare, but not non-existent. There is a tracker on this forum and it seems both Model 3 and Model Y LR have started getting it.
1640891435652.png
Do you have a link to this tracker?

Was supposed to take delivery today but now tomorrow (hopefully). I have to say the service from Tesla is a bit ridiculous. My car was a demo in Austin, about 250 miles away, and it took almost 2 weeks to get it up to Dallas. Then my delivery was pushed back one day. I asked to hold until Monday as we have plans to leave tomorrow but I was told that if I don’t accept delivery tomorrow the car will go to someone else. Wtf. I can wait 2 weeks - plus more counting when I ordered - but they can’t wait 2.5 days?!? Car is fully funded, all tasks complete. I don’t get it. Then my SA said they can deliver the car to me and leave in my driveway, or have someone else take delivery for me. No way man, leave my new car out in the open for a whole weekend? I just can’t believe the expectation to take delivery when they said it would happen, I had no opportunity to schedule a time that is convenient for us.

I’m happy to be this close to getting my car but damn this sure doesn’t leave me with good vibes as a customer. Guess that’s par for the course considering the demand right now but that’s going to catch up with them at some point.

Was supposed to take delivery today but now tomorrow (hopefully). I have to say the service from Tesla is a bit ridiculous. My car was a demo in Austin, about 250 miles away, and it took almost 2 weeks to get it up to Dallas. Then my delivery was pushed back one day. I asked to hold until Monday as we have plans to leave tomorrow but I was told that if I don’t accept delivery tomorrow the car will go to someone else. Wtf. I can wait 2 weeks - plus more counting when I ordered - but they can’t wait 2.5 days?!? Car is fully funded, all tasks complete. I don’t get it. Then my SA said they can deliver the car to me and leave in my driveway, or have someone else take delivery for me. No way man, leave my new car out in the open for a whole weekend? I just can’t believe the expectation to take delivery when they said it would happen, I had no opportunity to schedule a time that is convenient for us.

I’m happy to be this close to getting my car but damn this sure doesn’t leave me with good vibes as a customer. Guess that’s par for the course considering the demand right now but that’s going to catch up with them at some point.
Tesla is wanting to push their 2021 sales up, they have cars with a 6+ month waiting list so all of their Demo cars were expected to be sold almost immediatly and they were ( you can't find them listed any longer) so I can definitley see them forcing the sale by years end or selling it to someone else . I Agree that it sucks but I'd still consider myself lucky that you you can jump in and have a car this quick.

Tesla is wanting to push their 2021 sales up, they have cars with a 6+ month waiting list so all of their Demo cars were expected to be sold almost immediatly and they were ( you can't find them listed any longer) so I can definitley see them forcing the sale by years end or selling it to someone else . I Agree that it sucks but I'd still consider myself lucky that you you can jump in and have a car this quick.
agreed I am relieved and excited to be getting my car but one car in the grand scheme of things not delivered in 2021 vs. this delivery experience is baffling. Would make more sense in the long term to have more satisfied (and happy) customers. I’m not saying I wouldn’t buy another Tesla, with this being my first, but come on, give a little.

Damn, impressive. Glad mine is not going to be that complicated. Quotes are running me $1000-$1200 on average
That is not bad. I too had the breaker box at one end of a ranch style home in the basement and the garage on the opposite end. Getting the wire through a fully finished basement took them hours. It cost me $2450 including a permit. I got some quotes above $3000. Severe shortage of labor and long waiting periods.

That is not bad. I too had the breaker box at one end of a ranch style home in the basement and the garage on the opposite end. Getting the wire through a fully finished basement took them hours. It cost me $2450 including a permit. I got some quotes above $3000. Severe shortage of labor and long waiting periods.
That is where I got lucky. Fully finished basement, but have a beam with path from utility area to next to panel, so little dry wall cutting. And utility area is walled by foundation of garage. Only like 45’ run.

Reactions: 45thParallel
Finally it’s here. Didn’t take any pictures but just one. I was feeling so ecstatic that I forgot everything. My main focus was going through the checklist I had and that list was quite helpful.
Here is one pic. Will take some more pics tomorrow morning in daylight.

But my overall experience was wonderful and the Tesla SA was amazing, answered all my questions. I was there for about good hour and a half and checked everything in detail. 2 misalignments will tell in detail later when I use my laptop. Everything else was wonderful

Attachments

• F7739306-FA94-42F9-8320-1A028A22EC4B.jpeg
    F7739306-FA94-42F9-8320-1A028A22EC4B.jpeg
    596.2 KB · Views: 100
Finally it’s here. Didn’t take any pictures but just one. I was feeling so ecstatic that I forgot everything. My main focus was going through the checklist I had and that list was quite helpful.

But my overall experience was wonderful and the Tesla SA was amazing, answered all my questions. I was there for about good hour and a half and checked everything in detail. 2 misalignments will tell in detail later when I use my laptop. Everything else was wonderful
Woww Congrats..looks amazing!!

Reactions: pgcoco

Atom or amd chip?

Glad to see a lot of moment happening here. Seems like August/September deliveries are picking up. I was looking at the Teslike spreadsheet and found a column for Last Update which I think is showing a lot more accuracy to what we are seeing if I look at the ones updated in December-only. Out of everything created/edited in December, I have 90 entries that meet the following criteria: MYLR, US Only, OD between Aug-Sep.

Average Order to VIN: 98 days

...I'm at day 97. EDD solid as a rock.

My stats below:

Model Y LR, White/Black, 5 seats, 19", no tow hitch (as base as it gets)

Order Date: 9/25 (at local Tesla dealer. Website EDD during Order Date: April 2022)
Profile Completed Date: 9/27

EDD As of:

10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (20 days after order)
12/02: EDD February 14 - March 14th (48 days since first EDD, 68 days since OD)
12/31: EDD February 14 - March 14th (29 days since latest EDD, 97 days since OD)

My faith has been restored. Just got a call from the service center where my car was delivered this morning. There are a couple minor things to fix and he explained that although there’s a rush to get vehicles delivered today for end of quarter - he wants to repair these issues before I delivery. That, my friends, is great customer service!

Glad to see a lot of moment happening here. Seems like August/September deliveries are picking up. I was looking at the Teslike spreadsheet and found a column for Last Update which I think is showing a lot more accuracy to what we are seeing if I look at the ones updated in December-only. Out of everything created/edited in December, I have 90 entries that meet the following criteria: MYLR, US Only, OD between Aug-Sep.

Average Order to VIN: 98 days

...I'm at day 97. EDD solid as a rock.

My stats below:

Model Y LR, White/Black, 5 seats, 19", no tow hitch (as base as it gets)

Order Date: 9/25 (at local Tesla dealer. Website EDD during Order Date: April 2022)
Profile Completed Date: 9/27

EDD As of:

10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (20 days after order)
12/02: EDD February 14 - March 14th (48 days since first EDD, 68 days since OD)
12/31: EDD February 14 - March 14th (29 days since latest EDD, 97 days since OD)
I expect in January Tesla will complete all August orders. You should soon see a change in your EDD. They focus on local orders in the final week of the quarter.

Reactions: eMahle and pgcoco