Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MY LR 5 Seater/White/Black Interior/Stock wheels and no hitch

OD: 9/10
EDD: 1/18-2/15
New EDD: 2/2-3/2

I received a text 1st week of January asking if I have a trade in. Said no, and asked about my VIN assignment. I was told I would be getting my VIN this week and instead got a new EDD 😀

I am on the east coast. Hoping to at least get some updated components with this wait.

iPad can do the same (better) kind of rendering/application processing as the tesla's infotainment system.
MCU3 vs iPad rendering performance sounds like a strawman. In 2 years of driving an M3P I remember exactly zero times where rendering performance would have mattered for anything. Load time for Hulu or the web browser is another issue for me though, and I'm looking forward to the faster AMD processor for that. Maybe it matters for some of the games? I tend to be using my phone or watching Netflix when I'm supercharging, so maybe I'm not a good data point?

I'm also mildly curious about the 3.5% figure as that could honestly affect some day trips we do that are just over 300mi. I usually take a 10 minute charge&pee when in the M3P, so that probably wouldn't change.

iPad can do the same (better) kind of rendering/application processing as the tesla's infotainment system.
Honestly, we have no idea what kind of processing/load this car actually needs to function. Obviously what is on the screen is part of that equation, but there's a lot of information being processed behind the scenes and the real-time processing required for FSD, etc is crazy intensive. I'd love to see a cpu, memory, video card test for both systems...

Last edited:
My info and I'm liking that the AMD & new battery is starting to show up more consistant on recent deliveries :)
Scottsdale Arizona, ordered at the Kierland Commons showroom.
Order date was Sept 27th (9/27)
MYLR, White, White inter. standard wheels, 5 pass, no tow hitch.
Original edd was March, was later scheduled for Jan 14 - Feb 13
up until last week (01/14) when it was moved up to Feb 10 - Mar 10.

Reactions: USC1996
Honestly, we have no idea what kind of processing/load this car actually needs to function. Obviously what is on the screen is part of that equation, but there's a lot of information being processed behind the scenes and the real-time processing required for FSD, etc is crazy intensive. I'd love to see a cpu, memory, video card test for both systems...

FSD uses a different computer, it's not tied to the infotainment processing power.

MY LR 5 Seater/White/Black Interior/Stock wheels and no hitch

OD: 9/10
New EDD: 2/2-3/2
Just one day different for me in MN blue/black tow 5-seat
OD: 9/11
New EDD: 2/3-3/3

If the same 2-week bump happened in NY and MN, it sounds like maybe a batch of deliveries has slid 2 weeks.
And we still have the 1-month window, so it would not be unusual to get a bump on 2/3, to 2/15-2/30.
And then another bump on 2/17 to 2/20-3/2. And then another on 2/22 to 2/25-3/2 or something.

I opted for a home delivery and it turned very good. No waiting. Tesla SA sent text prior to arrival and at arrival. I had a heated stall with table and chair ready for paper work. It took no more than 5 minutes. He then spent 15 minutes setting up by car and helping set some key customizations . He brought the Tesla and drove back with our Lexus SUV trade in. Very smooth affair. I could not find any fault with the vehicle. I did see some light moisture in the head lamps. The Windchill was -20F. But after an hour it went away. I booked an appointment for mobile service to fix the homelink device. The Model YLR came with front mudguards and a front number plate too. As expected, 1/7 manufactured vehicle had an Intel chip but that never bothered me. I think the quality at Fremont is improving.

Attachments

• IMG_7281.JPG
    IMG_7281.JPG
    375.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_7284.JPG
    IMG_7284.JPG
    664.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_7285.JPG
    IMG_7285.JPG
    733.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_7288.JPG
    IMG_7288.JPG
    315.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_7289.JPG
    IMG_7289.JPG
    330.9 KB · Views: 66
Just one day different for me in MN blue/black tow 5-seat
OD: 9/11
New EDD: 2/3-3/3

If the same 2-week bump happened in NY and MN, it sounds like maybe a batch of deliveries has slid 2 weeks.
And we still have the 1-month window, so it would not be unusual to get a bump on 2/3, to 2/15-2/30.
And then another bump on 2/17 to 2/20-3/2. And then another on 2/22 to 2/25-3/2 or something.
I have the same EDD that updated today from a previous 2 week window. Now shows the same as you Feb 3 to Mar 3. I'm in NJ.

I opted for a home delivery and it turned very good. No waiting. Tesla SA sent text prior to arrival and at arrival. I had a heated stall with table and chair ready for paper work. It took no more than 5 minutes. He then spent 15 minutes setting up by car and helping set some key customizations . He brought the Tesla and drove back with our Lexus SUV trade in. Very smooth affair. I could not find any fault with the vehicle. I did see some light moisture in the head lamps. The Windchill was -20F. But after an hour it went away. I booked an appointment for mobile service to fix the homelink device. The Model YLR came with front mudguards and a front number plate too. As expected, 1/7 manufactured vehicle had an Intel chip but that never bothered me. I think the quality at Fremont is improving.
Wohooo congratulations!! You will love the car. It’s awesome. I am already down 1100 miles from 9 miles in less than a month. I just neeed a reason to drive. Lol.

Congratulations! It looks beautiful! I'm at day 130 and hopefully not too far away from a VIN...

Reactions: 45thParallel