Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my first 2-week window. I know others have had multiple 2-weekers, or even been kicked-back to 1-month window 😞, but this gives me hope that I'm maybe 10 days from VIN (give or take 7 days). That would be 149 days from OD to VIN, and I think I'm kind-of in the middle (compared to other Sept orders). The Teslike spreadsheet shows 108 day median "OD to VIN" for 5-seat LR noFSD orders placed in August, so it seems like there has been quite a slow-down just between August and the first half of September.

OD: 09/11/2021;
EDD: 1/18-2/15 (1month)
EDD: 2/3-3/3 (1month, notified on 2nd day of previous window)
EDD: 2/14-2/28 (2week, notified 6 days before previous window)

LR blue/black tow 19" noFSD, Minnesota(EDP)

Last edited:
What happens when you get assigned a VIN, a delivery date, and then do nothing? Austin built Y is on the visible horizon and I can wait.

VIN will likely be unassigned, back in line waiting. Another VIN might be assigned quickly( 1-2 weeks possibly) and after that still don't take delivery, Tesla might cancel the order. There is likely no way to push delivery to Austin start up without order being cancelled.

Glad to see deliveries with AMD, new 12v battery, and heated wiper area.
wipers.jpg

That's all I want.

it has been on subaru's for 15+ years. It works pretty well.
And it's not on the Chevy Bolt, which has been a big problem. An hour into a snowy car trip, you pull the stalk for the windshield washer, and get a spray of fluid over the window... and the wipers don't budge. If it's cold enough, maybe the fluid freezes into a solid translucent sheet as you pull over blindly at 65mph.

Reactions: BTVev
t's the first "June Jail" I've read of other than east coast. I wond
No, he is not the only one. I am in the "June Jail" too. 9/10/2021 OD.
I think when the computer re sets list in a few days...this weekend, I should be back to February. they contacted me for the first time last week to see if I wanted to trade in.. I texted saying..."as long as it does not mess with my delivery date". they said "no it will not". Then of course it moves to June lol. My trade in offer is all set and expires Feb 24th... hmmmmm time will tell

Reactions: cyber2077
First post on the forum.
OD: 9/13/21
PC: 9/13/21
MYLY | MSM | Black Int | 19" Gemini | No Tow | No FSD
Loc: Los Angeles.
DC: Burbank CA.
EDD: 1/23 - 2/20 On 10/15, 1/5 -2/2 on 10/27, 1/28 - 2/25 on 10/31, 2/4 -2/18 on 1/28.
VIN: No

Can't wait.
same OD as you 9/13 Los Angeles was EDD 1/29 - 2/24 until Sunday when I added trade in and I am now in June. But to repeat...I think the computer places there temporarily and resets on weekend.

I think when the computer re sets list in a few days...this weekend, I should be back to February. they contacted me for the first time last week to see if I wanted to trade in.. I texted saying..."as long as it does not mess with my delivery date". they said "no it will not". Then of course it moves to June lol. My trade in offer is all set and expires Feb 24th... hmmmmm time will tell
Thank you so much! Hopefully, they can let me out from the "June Jail" too.
Good luck with the EDD, finger crossed :p

And it's not on the Chevy Bolt, which has been a big problem. An hour into a snowy car trip, you pull the stalk for the windshield washer, and get a spray of fluid over the window... and the wipers don't budge. If it's cold enough, maybe the fluid freezes into a solid translucent sheet as you pull over blindly at 65mph.
subi is famous of cracking their windows due to this feature. I'd say AMD is ok to have (drain your battery 3% more), 12V is optional, wiper blade ... mixed feeling. Just give me the car!!!!! hahaha

same OD as you 9/13 Los Angeles was EDD 1/29 - 2/24 until Sunday when I added trade in and I am now in June. But to repeat...I think the computer places there temporarily and resets on weekend.
My SA told me not to add trade in etc. till the VIN is assigned so that it doesn't mess the system. I hope once your trade-in goes through, your delivery date will probably creep close to mine.