Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many folks are gonna put their delivery on hold since Tesla said (with a grain of salt) “Giga Austin cars will be structural 4680 cell erupt cars, and deliveries are expected starting end of Q1.” Asking for a friend ;)
After a 170 day wait as of today, I am taking delivery whenever Tesla makes it available to me...if you wait for the next big thing, you will never take delivery.

My order placed on 9/1 for MYP: Deep Blue Metallic, 21’’, 5 Seats, All black interior. Completed financial docs on the same day. Received first EDD 9/15 - 9/30.

Status Now: Prepare for Delivery EDD 9/21 - 9/30 - No VIN yet.
Just talked to SA, they plan to build my car the last week of the month and VIN will be available once it is built. According to SA, they build CA vehicles within the last few days of the month. (As I read someone wrote about this). Hopefully, EDD remain 9/21 ~ 9/30. 🤞
I ordered our Y in early September got a delivery date of January February
Now my delivery date is June!! Any one else experiencing these types of delays??
Gary from Allentown

Hi, new to this forum. I put my deposit down on 9/17 and completed all my tasks the same day. I did this at the Columbus Ohio Tesla dealer. It had an EDD of February.

My SA at the time told me about the app but said don't download until January. To be honest I forgot until today so I downloaded and it said I have a EDD of Feb 17 to 27. A 10 day period.

In reading this forum, it looks like dates jump around a lot but I don't know about mine since I just got the app and my date was originally Feb. It's Feb. and it looks like Tesla was right on the money with the prediction.

Anyway, nice to see that people are getting their MY's when ordering in September.

Today marks day 138 and my EDD was holding steady on 2/11-3/11 since the beginning of January. Woke up today to a new EDD of 3/3-3/31.
I’m beyond frustrated only because I have sold my vehicle in December only because I had a confirmed delivery in December that got pushed and pushed and eventually never happened. I throw my hands up now. I’ve truly lost hope. Looks like I need to spend the money and rent a car for a month and a half.

Reactions: Tararua
Today marks day 138 and my EDD was holding steady on 2/11-3/11 since the beginning of January. Woke up today to a new EDD of 3/3-3/31.
I’m beyond frustrated only because I have sold my vehicle in December only because I had a confirmed delivery in December that got pushed and pushed and eventually never happened. I throw my hands up now. I’ve truly lost hope. Looks like I need to spend the money and rent a car for a month and a half.
A few positives to consider… used car prices are starting to decline, so you may have sold at the peak. The difference may be even more than a short term rental. Plus, you’ll get some extras in your car that you wouldn’t have received in December, like the new processor. The wait’s a drag though, I’m with you there.

Hi, new to this forum. I put my deposit down on 9/17 and completed all my tasks the same day. I did this at the Columbus Ohio Tesla dealer. It had an EDD of February.

My SA at the time told me about the app but said don't download until January. To be honest I forgot until today so I downloaded and it said I have a EDD of Feb 17 to 27. A 10 day period.

In reading this forum, it looks like dates jump around a lot but I don't know about mine since I just got the app and my date was originally Feb. It's Feb. and it looks like Tesla was right on the money with the prediction.

Anyway, nice to see that people are getting their MY's when ordering in September.
This is what I have been trying to say all along. My edd was originally Jan-Feb.
August od’s finishing up. September od’s started.
February will have lots of Sept orders delivered. March the rest with some outliers.

Pending ww3 the cars are being manufactured at higher rates than ever before.

Reactions: Michael Y 2020
How many folks are gonna put their delivery on hold since Tesla said (with a grain of salt) “Giga Austin cars will be structural 4680 cell erupt cars, and deliveries are expected starting end of Q1.” Asking for a friend ;)
Not a chance. I’ll take my car as soon as I can get it. I’m also not keen on getting one of the first cars off of an entirely new assembly line with new changes. Everyone talks about how superior Austin is going to be and forgets that it has taken years to work kinks out of the existing production lines. Yes, they’ve learned from it and I’m sure Austin will start in a much better place than Fremont did, but Austin will have growing pains just the same.

My EDD today morning changed to a 2 week window: Feb 22-Mar 8. It was stuck on Feb 15-Mar 15 for last 1.5 months. Before that it jumped around from April to Mar to Feb.

I am contemplating rejecting the VIN, since I am so close to the Giga Austin release date. I believe Elon would do everything in his power to push out Austin Y's in Q1 to beat EOQ targets. I understand it's a gamble, but I don't need a car rightaway. I can wait.

My details: White ext/Blk int/20" wheels/No Tow/No FSD/5 seats. OD: 9/27, profile completed: 9/29, Previous EDDs: April 22, Mar 22, Jan 28-Feb 28, Feb 15-Mar 15, Current EDD: Feb 22-Mar 8. Location: Houston, Tx

My EDD today morning changed to a 2 week window: Feb 22-Mar 8. It was stuck on Feb 15-Mar 15 for last 1.5 months. Before that it jumped around from April to Mar to Feb.

I am contemplating rejecting the VIN, since I am so close to the Giga Austin release date. I believe Elon would do everything in his power to push out Austin Y's in Q1 to beat EOQ targets. I understand it's a gamble, but I don't need a car rightaway. I can wait.

My details: White ext/Blk int/20" wheels/No Tow/No FSD/5 seats. OD: 9/27, profile completed: 9/29, Previous EDDs: April 22, Mar 22, Jan 28-Feb 28, Feb 15-Mar 15, Current EDD: Feb 22-Mar 8. Location: Houston, Tx
Question is, where will Texas get their model Ys. Will they send from Fremont or ship from Austin to an out of state location, then ship back in. We all know they can’t deliver straight to Texas from a Texas factory

I’m in the same boat. Is it worth to reject a Fremont vin? I’m torn on what to do.

I ordered September 26. Currently feb19-mar5 window.

I’m in the same boat. Is it worth to reject a Fremont vin? I’m torn on what to do.

I ordered September 26. Currently feb19-mar5 window.
No, it’s not worth it.

For one, even though Austin will be new from scratch and not a retrofit like Fremont, they’ll still have kinks they need to get out as a new production line.

And also the obsession of 4680 batteries has always struck me as odd from a customer perspective. Drivers won’t notice; they’ll be cheaper for Tesla and increase their margins.

I really don’t think it’s worth delaying to maybe get an Austin VIN.