Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wrote to my SA this morning asking if there was something pushing my account further by a month every single month since November. And i got the most basic response.

Good morning James! Thanks for reaching out. The Fremont factory regularly updates delivery estimates to reflect conditions on the ground in light of the global microchip shortage, supply chain volatility, and unprecedented demand for EVs. March does now look likely for your order, and I would not expect delivery later than that

I'd be fine with that, but this is the same SA that had me confirm a delivery in December, said i'd have a car early January, then said February 13 is the most likely day and now my date is all the way at March 4- March 31st.

I love Tesla but this EDD nonsense is whack
This is where I think it is better to take with a grain of salt. You have 9-21 order date... Many from September-Sept 15th have not gotten cars... and are just starting to get cars... thus you are right in line with everyone for the most part. Yes the SA told you information that was not accurate and probably way too optimistic on their part saying December !! wow I would not be happy. But in the end...you are falling right in the window... I have Feb 8-22 delivery window and no VIN yet. I ordered September 13th. Depending on where you live and order date... it all seems to be correct...? At least what I think.

As many of us are getting our VINs and approaching our delivery appointment/window, just a friendly reminder to confirm with Tesla & your lender on the funding status if you are doing third-party financing.

Speaking from my experience that issues could arise even after your loan is approved that might cause delays: Troubles financing with Tesla's preferred third-party lender (SFCU)

EDD change to 02/09-02-19 this morning from 02/05-02/19. Slowly but surely...almost there.
🤞🤞
Today is day 148.

OD:9/11 PD:9/11
Edd 10/28: Jan 14-Feb 3
Edd 11/4: Jan 28-Feb 25
Edd 12/5: Jan 7-Feb 4
Edd 12/12: Jan 29-Feb26
EDD 01/23: Jan 28-Feb11
EDD 01/29: Feb 1-Feb11
EDD 02/01: Feb 5-Feb 19
EDD 02/05: Feb 9- Feb 19

Congrats on not getting pushed-out this time. It seems weird that they are giving you a new window that starts in just 3 days, yet you don't have a VIN yet (?).

I have 9/11 Profile Complete, so I'm watching what happens to others with same day. Looking at the Teslike sheet, it looks like "most" LR/AP/5 orders with PC of 9/8 or earlier have VINs, while "most" with PC of 9/9 or later have no VINs. So.. a VIN in 3 days is a reasonable "wild guess."

- OD 9/11, mYLR5, blu/bla, noFSD, yesTow, delivery to EDP MN

Last edited:
Congrats on not getting pushed-out this time. It seems weird that they are giving you a new window that starts in just 3 days, yet you don't have a VIN yet (?).

I have 9/11 OD, so I'm watching what happens to others with same OD. Looking at the Teslike sheet, it looks like "most" LR/AP/5 orders with Profile Complete of 9/8 or earlier have VINs, while "most" with PC of 9/9 or later have no VINs. So.. a VIN in 3 days is a reasonable "wild guess."

- OD 9/11, mYLR5, blu/bla, noFSD, yesTow, delivery to EDP MN

Nope. No vin yet. I'm hopeful that I will get a vin soon, but anything can happen. Yes, 3 days sounds reasonable. The longest EDD I had was Jan 29-Feb 26, so I'm still within my window. I'm hoping I will get it before the end of February.
It really depends on what configuration they're building now. I'll just wait patiently in the meantime. 😬

Reactions: Michael Y 2020
Last check-in. 5 days post delivery with the MYLR. Disappointed with the huge amount of phantom braking with autopilot. I even shut off AEB and Forward collision alerts, still does it. Auto highbeams are pretty bad too. Everything else is awesome. Comfortable and fun to drive. Good luck to everyone still in the VIN lottery.

Last check-in. 5 days post delivery with the MYLR. Disappointed with the huge amount of phantom braking with autopilot. I even shut off AEB and Forward collision alerts, still does it. Auto highbeams are pretty bad too. Everything else is awesome. Comfortable and fun to drive. Good luck to everyone still in the VIN lottery.
I've read that you can disable the auto-highbeams by pressing the left stalk forwards... but you have to do it after every time you re-engage TACC (!). But I see other Teslas on the road flashing high beams every 90 seconds while driving around the metro, so I either this isn't common knowledge, or it's too much work.

Reactions: Chadster
Wrote tesla SA this am about my pending trade offer. It came through a few hours later. Now a VIN has appeared. EDD 2/17-2/21. Vin F372xxx
Good to hear they are already doing it in another state. This gives me hope in Texas. Also, Elon has already implied he is going to do it till the Texas laws are changed:
Wonder if the shipping charge will be the same if/when the laws are changed.

There are October orders who have had their vehicles since December…there is no rhyme or reason…look on the spreadsheet, a good amount of September orders (as well as October orders)have taken delivery…so, no, I don’t think I did get my VIN before most September people, especially with an average from order date to delivery in the 110s, and me at 159 days to VIN (Will be 178 to delivery as long as things go well). We know of people with greater than 160 days without a VIN. Not really in line either. Why YMMV works so well.

Most August orders were November and December, I believe it was the last week of August that went to January.
*Raises Hand* 162 days here with no VIN.