Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once you get a vin the app changes and the “go to account” link has the option to schedule your delivery. It’s there that it says “we are building your car.” The SA said today that the ETA for arrival in CO is 2/16 and the earliest it may be ready is 2/17…

Maybe the schedule pickup link doesn’t show till it arrives at the delivery center?
The app says "we are building your car" long before there is a VIN. In fact, a VIN can't legally be issued until the car is built, so if you get a VIN your car is manufactured and awaiting shipment, and possibly already in transit from the factory.

Pickup links, based on many posts on here, are made available when the car is in transit to the service center, as the text message showed. They allow a day or two for prep of the car, and will adjust your pickup if necessary.

My EDD range changed again. The start was pushed back only two days, dropping yesterday and today. No surprise, but the ever-changing, rolling EDD ranges are annoying. Same end day of 3/09. Not a material change--this time anyway.

Yeah, I have to agree. I'm about to enter my EDD range this coming Monday, with no confirmation that it won't move. It's a little nerve wracking when I realize that as soon as the VIN appears, I need to get financing/insurance/etc in order within a week or so. It's exciting, but also anxiety inducing.

Yeah, I have to agree. I'm about to enter my EDD range this coming Monday, with no confirmation that it won't move. It's a little nerve wracking when I realize that as soon as the VIN appears, I need to get financing/insurance/etc in order within a week or so. It's exciting, but also anxiety inducing.
You’ll have more prep time than those of us on the West Coast, where cars can reach the delivery center in only a day or two after VIN. You’ll have a week or two before your soonest delivery day. Unless you get a cancellation.

Reactions: DrGriz
just curious if anyone who hasn't received a VIN yet has a referral code under there accound info "Loot box" section? around the time i got my trade in text i had checked my account and had a code "link" . i ignored the trade in text since i didn't have one.. and 2 weeks ago (almost a month later) i finally replied No and also had noticed that my referral code has disappeared? could this have been that i might had been close to receiving my VIN but since i ignored the trade in text it set me back in line? 😬
I don't think so. I replied to my trade-in text a week later saying, "I didn't know if I was supposed to reply to this text, but I don't have a trade-in.." There was no real change to my EDD.

Reactions: carlos916
I officially got my text from Tesla today, 24 hours from when the vin appeared on my account, to schedule a delivery.
My EDD after my vin appeared was Feb11- Feb14. I scheduled to pick up my MY on Friday Feb11.
Update: scheduled delivery on Tues 2/8 for Friday 2/11 and completed necessary tasks.
Wednesday 2/9: looked at all the paperwork on the online account and everything looked good.
Thursday 2/10: This morning received a text and a call to confirm delivery appointment for Fri 2/11. Replied "yes." Then received a text with the appointment details again. Then received a "Congratulations" text with all the directions for the "contact-less pick up." The review agreements are still not available on the app, as it says they will be available within the 24 hours before pick up.
So far, no hiccups. 🤞

I have no idea if keeping tabs on this forum thread is helping or making wait anxiety worse!

For what its worth, I've been back and forth from two-week to one-month EDD ranges a couple of times now already, got to my EDD range twice only to have it pushed back each time. Delivery in Los Angeles. I hate waiting!

MYLR5 | Black Int | 19" | No Tow | No FSD | OD 9/5 | EDD 2/19-3/19

About a week ago, my delivery range narrowed to 2 weeks (EDD 2/23-3/9). Then today I got the text about trade-in, and responded that I don't have a trade-in. What's the consensus? Does the combination of 2-week EDD and trade-in text mean that my VIN will come soon? Or is this just the Tesla gods playing with me?

MYLR7 | White / Black Int | 19" | Tow | No FSD | OD 9/26 | EDD 2/23-3/9

About a week ago, my delivery range narrowed to 2 weeks (EDD 2/23-3/9). Then today I got the text about trade-in, and responded that I don't have a trade-in. What's the consensus? Does the combination of 2-week EDD and trade-in text mean that my VIN will come soon? Or is this just the Tesla gods playing with me?

Next Week VIN for you ...CHEER

Tomorrow is the first day of my EDD and I am still at a 30 window… I smell a delay in my EDD. Who here is in the same boat?
That would be a safe bet. It will also help keep you sane.

I've had EDD ranges of 11, 14, 28 and 30 days, and have entered the range five times. Tomorrow will be the sixth. Some of the moves were only pushing back the start a couple of days retroactively, while others were complete changes to both the start and the length of the EDD range.

Generally, based on all the posts I've reviewed on here and Reddit, shorter ranges are good; longer ranges are less good; some longer ranges are bad; getting an EDD range that is simply the name of a month (like "June") looks bad, but is really just purgatory while the Tesla computer sorts everything out; and, being inside the EDD range is better than being outside the range. Also, no EDD range at all means you may have a problem with your order and you need to call them, as painful as it may be.

It’s sort of like groundhogs day. It looks like 6 more weeks until VIN 🤣😂

I dunno, same thing happened to me, I had a 2 week EDD window when I got a trade in text On Sunday (2/5). Said I had a trade in, but then I canceled Monday (I got a good offer on my current car right after). Then Tuesday my EDD gets pushed back to 2/19-3/19.

I had this exact scenario in January. I called SA excitedly to ask if there was a VIN and if I should start arranging financing. He said no. No VIN, and don’t get a loan approval yet. So, the Tesla gods had a laugh on me. But they might be shooting straight with you! Keep hope alive!

Reactions: DrGriz