Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My info and I'm liking that the AMD & new battery is starting to show up more consistant on recent deliveries :)
Scottsdale Arizona, ordered at the Kierland Commons showroom.
Order date was Sept 27th (9/27)
MYLR, White, White inter. standard wheels, 5 pass, no tow hitch.
Original edd was March, was later scheduled for Jan 14 - Feb 13
up until last week (01/14) when it was moved up to Feb 10 - Mar 10.
-
Well, my date just changed again this morning, from Feb 10 - Mar 10, damn, I just entered my delivery window. Now moved to Feb 25 - Mar 25.
Luckily I'm a patient man.

Reactions: Mathnerd103
This seems to indicate that long distance to ship is still prioritized and or delivery finesse being used as to deliver before end of Q. East Coast and Canada getting VINS, even though some California with earlier order dates have not gotten vins. Any California without VIN can theoretically receive car within a day.
This. I have been seeing general low vin assignments for the west coast. Mostly all of us will get it in EOQ push.

I hate EOQ push, most cars have quality issues during that phase.

Reactions: Evthusiast
I scheduled my delivery for 02/22/2022 @ 2 pm :)
Screenshot_20220211-121731_Chrome.jpg

You pushed out 2 weeks, but your EDD also reduced from 14 days to 9 days which is USUALLY a good sign.
Not the first time my EDD tightened this much however. Back in early Jan it also tightened to 1/14-1/23 (or something around that) only to get pushed out to 2/5-3/5. I thought delivery was imminent... re-secured financing, started purchasing accessories, only to have it pushed out as the earlier date approached. This EDD game really is unpredictable.

So it's nice to see VINs that keep rolling in. On my end, I just received the trade-in text. It seems the general consensus means that it means absolutely nothing, but marking it down on my timeline just in case it ever becomes relevant.

My stats below:

Model Y LR, White/Black, 5 seats, 19", no tow hitch (as base as it gets)
Order Date: 9/25/21 (at local Tesla dealer. Website EDD during Order Date: April 2022)
Profile Completed Date: 9/27/21
Trade-In Text: 2/11/2022

EDD As of:

10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (48 days with this EDD, 20 days since OD)
12/02: EDD February 14 - March 14th (58 days with this EDD, 68 days since OD)
01/29: EDD February 19 - March 5th (3 days with this EDD, 126 days since OD)
02/01: EDD February 20 - March 20th (3 days with this EDD, 129 days since OD)
02/04: EDD February 24 - March 10th (7 days with this EDD, 132 days since OD)
02/11: EDD February 24 - March 10th (Current, 139 days since OD) - Received Trade in Text

Reactions: HopefulCali
This. I have been seeing general low vin assignments for the west coast. Mostly all of us will get it in EOQ push.

I hate EOQ push, most cars have quality issues during that phase.
I do not think they are "speeding up production line" just for March. Production should be on a consistent pace. Or I would like to believe that 😂 It is more the fact that the car gets a VIN and boom... its in Los Angeles in 5-6 hours easy to deliver and report the sale for EOQ. VS.. VIN and ship across country...less predictable as to Final Sale Date. More like they might have so many cars at delivery centers in California EOQ that the detail job is rushed, or cleaning up a dirt scuff inside or on headliner etc. but regarding panel gaps... If the production line is a "static #" per day with slow increase over time due to improvements in production, all cars should actually come out better over time. At least the goal:). (disclaimer...door panel gaps are easy to adjust after delivery so perhaps they do let that pass through in an effort to deliver more vehicles and fix after the fact) Inspect your cars before driving away.

Last edited:
This seems to indicate that long distance to ship is still prioritized and or delivery finesse being used as to deliver before end of Q. East Coast and Canada getting VINS, even though some California with earlier order dates have not gotten vins. Any California without VIN can theoretically receive car within a day.
That and a little but of luck. My sister ordered 3 days after me in Maryland MYLR Blue, black, 5 seat, hitch and her EDD was recently changed to April-May.

Reactions: Evthusiast
Well, I can honestly say the wait is over. Carmax sell was painless, took appx 35 minutes to get check in hand. Tesla 'delivery' was painless. Walked to the entrance and was greeted at the door, even before going in, guy asked my named and said ok, hold on a second. Came out with my 'wallet key package' and said take your time, look it over and any questions please feel free to ask, paperwork is in the front passenger seat; only ONE signature paperwork wise and accepting delivery in the app. Honestly, after watching all the YouTube vids, I thought I would be a 'pro', hopped in and click, scroll, tap and tadda. A bit of excitement got in my way and I was bumbling around setting up my profile, but I finally pulled out to one pedal driving/breaking....yea, that's going to take a bit.

KC delivery center was packed with new Tesla's. One of the guys said in about 4-5 days, these will all be gone and we'll be back to a full parking lot....for those with a KC delivery, my guess it'll come soon! Mine came w the latest 'whistles'. Sorry to say the cameras were still calibrating/working themselves out by the time I dropped it off for tint and PPF. All this time waiting for it to be delivered, just to leave it in someone else's hands:confused:. Should be ready by Monday, Tuesday latest. In the mean time, time to play around with the app and re-watch some vids! Oh, and no gap or other issues during my 'initial' inspection.

Good luck to each of you still waiting, opening that door and sitting up your profile....you'll forget about the wait! Oh, and don't forget to set up easy entry/exit. Adjusting the steering wheel, even after all the vids was like "I'm sitting in something special"!

Attachments

• IMG_1320.jpg
    IMG_1320.jpg
    774.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1319.jpg
    IMG_1319.jpg
    682.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited: