Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for folks here. Do you think it’s clear that you don’t get into the scheduled delivery line unti you complete the purchase details after making the order?

Cuz to me it wasn’t. Hinted at and maybe implied, yes. Explicit, no.

Just me or was it not clear to others?

It was not clear to me at all, but I found some helpful posts about order completion right before I pushed the order button. Tesla should add a few words about their order process and what information is needed to complete the order process. Doing so It would not be difficult, but it would require a basic understanding of customer service.

I'm glad at least some people are seeing progress. I just checked for the first time in a little bit and it's back to showing June again. (Had been showing May 02-30 for the past few weeks after spending most of Dec & Jan in June jail.) I'm in no hurry, but not gonna lie it's a bit discouraging. I'm hearing that supply chain issues are getting worse as opposed to better across many industries, and I figure that is still a big driving factor.

Thanks!

I did ask when the car was built...they said 1/16

I did not ask about Intel/AMD chip...at this point, im so excited to have delivery in sight, that I dont care one bit! Itll be great either way
Ask what repairs were needed for it to be deliverable. Did they have to repaint something? Electrical? Not trying to be negative, but it sat somewhere for a month…

Reactions: BnGrm
For any folks that are still lurking around after having already received their MY, how many EDD windows did you enter before you managed to get a VIN? I am just about to enter my fourth EDD window (as long as it doesn't get changed in the next day or so). My first EDD window I entered was back in early December before it got pushed to 2022. Seems from reading here that most folks seem to go into 4-5 EDD windows before actually getting vin/car. Does that seem like what most experience, or does it very widely? Just trying to set my expectations from getting too high. =P

Reactions: Mathnerd103
You can't make this stuff up ...

MYLR - MSM | Black | 7 seat | 19" Gemini wheels | Tow | No FSD
Seattle area | Ordered 9/5 | No finance | No trade

Another day, another wild swing in my EDD, and .... just got a text stating I have a VIN and to upload insurance info!!!

Fri 2/18: EDD changed from 2/17 to 3/3 -> 5/14 to 6/11 (~3 month change)
Mon 2/21 AM: EDD changed from 5/14 to 6/11 -> 2/24 to 3/8 (~3 month change back)
Mon 2/21 PM: EDD changed from 2/24 to 3/8 -> 2/22 to 2/26 (likely built today, on transport tomorrow, arrive Seattle ~2/24)

VIN is F382xxx

Another day, another wild swing in my EDD, and .... just got a text stating I have a VIN and to upload insurance info!!!

Mon 2/21 AM: EDD changed from 5/14 to 6/11 -> 2/24 to 3/8 (~3 month change back)
Mon 2/21 PM: EDD changed from 2/24 to 3/8 -> 2/22 to 2/26 (likely built today, on transport tomorrow, arrive Seattle ~2/24)

VIN is F382xxx
I have a very similar situation thank you for posting. My EDD still says May so I am hoping it changes back soon 😭😭

VIN is F382xxx
I have a very similar situation thank you for posting. My EDD still says May so I am hoping it changes back soon 😭😭

For any folks that are still lurking around after having already received their MY, how many EDD windows did you enter before you managed to get a VIN? I am just about to enter my fourth EDD window (as long as it doesn't get changed in the next day or so). My first EDD window I entered was back in early December before it got pushed to 2022. Seems from reading here that most folks seem to go into 4-5 EDD windows before actually getting vin/car. Does that seem like what most experience, or does it very widely? Just trying to set my expectations from getting too high. =P
check my sig 😅

I actually received my VIN on the first day of the first EDD I actually entered.