Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This might seem morbid but just curious who has been waiting for an VIN the longest in here? My order date was September 3rd 2021. I mean I did order the unicorn config with 7 seats, black interior and Gemini wheels but still wondering. There are folks in the August forum that are still waiting on a VIN 😂😢

I ordered mid August, LR7, 20" wheels, MSM - It was originally a Nov. delivery date, held at March for a long time and then just got pushed back to May yesterday.

Reactions: Antonius138
This might seem morbid but just curious who has been waiting for an VIN the longest in here? My order date was September 3rd 2021. I mean I did order the unicorn config with 7 seats, black interior and Gemini wheels but still wondering. There are folks in the August forum that are still waiting on a VIN 😂😢
Ordered on 7/11, i think i might be longest in the forum.

Reactions: Sunil_K and Tesraki
Nothing. They have set of fixed responses and no mechanism to escalate. Idk why they hire humans for SA job. They can be replaced by fixed message bots.
It's true. The only exchange I had was miserable. Getting robotic responses to things I'm not even asking about. I gave up after one attempt. Hoping to avoid it until I start seeing a lot of Ys here and on the October thread getting delivered and I'm the only one left.

Do you really want the answer to this? Fine. (Grab a tissue, you'll need it)

So I started working on this based on the filters and realized the vast majority of these have a massive time delay between OD and Profile Completion, so duh. But because I did the work, here you go:

Longest Order to VINs on the Teslike spreadsheet:
- 489 days, Oregon, MYLR5 White/Black, 19", Tow, FSD, OD 08/2020
- 484 days, Virginia, MYLR5 White/Black, 19", No Tow, No FSD, OD 01/2020
- 418 days, California, MYLR5 Blue/Black, 19", Tow, FSD, OD 10/2020
- 268 days, California, MYLR5 Blue/Black, 20", No Tow, No FSD, OD 02/2021
- 262 days, Minnesota, MYLR5 Blue/Black, 19", Tow, No FSD, OD 05/2021

Longest one I could find where Profile Completion = Order Date (or anywhere near close) are 185 days & 190 days.

- 185 days, Missouri, MYLR7 Blue/Black, 19", Tow, No FSD, OD 08/2021 (got VIN 3 days ago)

There went 15 minutes that I needed for myself to also know the answer to this question (properly). I'm thinking that we'll start finding more "185 days" and higher soon.
Sometimes it does actually feel better to write it all out. My wife was getting tired of my conspiracy theories lol, so I found this site and forum and writing it out actually does help. Here's a virtual beer from me to you!

Reactions: Sunil_K and Tesraki
Dang...that does indeed suck. I get reasonable sounding messages from my SA (who might just be creative at this point). Things like "you've been pre-assigned to a vehicle that is currently in production" etc. I make it a point to send an email once a week to get an update.
That is a good one 🤣
When my EDD changed to May 1 - 29 (which is the first same month timeline I have ever received) I called immediately and was told my car was made it was just awaiting a VIN and inspection 🤣
I called back the next day (Monday) and a different person said.... I don't know why she told you that. Your Tesla is not built.

Even though the app no longer says building your car. Not sure if that is because of the app update.

At this point I give up.

I feel like they have something against Floridians because everyone amd theor mom on here that lives in Cali has a VIN already.

I guess I am just stuck waiting.

Do you really want the answer to this? Fine. (Grab a tissue, you'll need it)

So I started working on this based on the filters and realized the vast majority of these have a massive time delay between OD and Profile Completion, so duh. But because I did the work, here you go:

Longest Order to VINs on the Teslike spreadsheet:
- 489 days, Oregon, MYLR5 White/Black, 19", Tow, FSD, OD 08/2020
- 484 days, Virginia, MYLR5 White/Black, 19", No Tow, No FSD, OD 01/2020
- 418 days, California, MYLR5 Blue/Black, 19", Tow, FSD, OD 10/2020
- 268 days, California, MYLR5 Blue/Black, 20", No Tow, No FSD, OD 02/2021
- 262 days, Minnesota, MYLR5 Blue/Black, 19", Tow, No FSD, OD 05/2021

Longest one I could find where Profile Completion = Order Date (or anywhere near close) are 185 days & 190 days.

- 185 days, Missouri, MYLR7 Blue/Black, 19", Tow, No FSD, OD 08/2021 (got VIN 3 days ago)

There went 15 minutes that I needed for myself to also know the answer to this question (properly). I'm thinking that we'll start finding more "185 days" and higher soon.
I am the 185 day person. I did not realize I was the longest wait where OD and PCD were close.

Reactions: eMahle
Just got my VIN.
OD: 9/17 White ext/black int/5 seats/no fsd/no tow/20" wheels.

EDD changed from 3/31-4/12 to 5/12-6/18 on 2/21. EDD now is 2/26 - 3/2.
Congratulations!! Can I ask what area are you in?
I have been waiting approximately 5 months and I ordered 11 days after you. Are you on the west ir east coast? My EDD was Feb 19 - Mar 19 and then on 2/20 it moved to 5/1 - 5/29