Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woke up to being bumped from the last two weeks of February to the last two weeks of March....the 6-month mark is next week. If I don't see a VIN on my 6-month date of March 3rd I'm going to cancel my order and someone else can have my unicorn 7-seater. Was really hoping to avoid getting a mini van :(
Gotta say I'm at the same point unfortunately. I'd like to get my current dd (2017 VW GTI) traded in before values change too much, but can't until my mylr5 is actually going to show. Originally had a delivery window in December :-|

Reactions: Antonius138
Just managed to get a real person on the phone! Since I also got a call about a trade-in and reopened a portion of my pre-delivery tasks I was definitely concerned that was why delivery was pushed. Apparently that happens automatically if any part of your pre-delivery isn't complete. The rep confirmed that I'm still on track for the delivery window in March, so fingers crossed that comes back up in the app over the next few days. If any of you are seeing dates pushed way out might want to confirm that all the tasks are good to go.

Elon Musk said the structural battery is “next level”. At this point they are all speculation, but what ive been reading is that it will be lighter, quicker (because lighter), longer range (because lighter), more fun (higher rigidity), faster charge (because more efficient), longer lasting.
It seems the only things you might get is a faster charge and perhaps a few more miles (less likely). But Panasonic will start building them next year. Panasonic is better at making batteries than Tesla, so they might even be more efficient then. Be careful waiting for the latest and greatest, as this is technology, there will always be something else coming down the pipe. Meanwhile, you may be missing out on the fun of driving this vehicle.

Ha that's funny my wife wanted the mini van (Pacifica Hybrid), and I was the one who wanted the Y. Looks like she might be the winner. The new Pacifica Hybrids are nice especially with a family of 6 like ours as they do have lots of room and Apple Car Play etc. but you know...
Have you checked to see how long it will take for a Pacifica Hybrid to deliver?

If you’re buying a house. You shouldn’t be buying a car….

Your realtor and loan officer will be pissed
I have a friend who bought his first house, then the day after, went and got his first new car. Car loans are pretty easy. If you can delay until after you close on the house (unmatch the Tesla?), that may be best.

Still, I got laid-off a couple weeks before I closed on my first house. I elected to get another job ASAP rather than "upset the apple cart" by calling my buyer's agent. Then I landed a better job for $18k/year, and nobody ever asked about it (hey, it was a while ago!). It was during a very high interest period, so as soon as rates came down, I refinanced with a new lender, and the bygones were bygones.

Last edited:
Ha that's funny my wife wanted the mini van (Pacifica Hybrid), and I was the one who wanted the Y. Looks like she might be the winner. The new Pacifica Hybrids are nice especially with a family of 6 like ours as they do have lots of room and Apple Car Play etc. but you know...
That's pretty funny. Our Subaru Ascent lease is ending soon, so we started narrowing down our choices last summer. My wife wanted to go with another Ascent, but I nixed that as it gets rather terrible gas mileage. It came down to the Pacifica Hybrid, Sienna Hybrid, or the MYLR. We had test-driven the MYP previously and loved it, but my wife was concerned with luggage space. We tried for weeks to test drive both the Pacifica and Sienna, but everywhere was sold out. In a fit of rage, my wife nixed both minivans from the running, because she was tired of all the dealership crap. So here we are. 🤣

I have a friend who bought his first house, then the day after, went and got his first new car. Car loans are pretty easy. If you can delay until after you close on the house (unmatch the Tesla?), that may be best.

Still, I got laid-off a couple weeks before I closed on my first house. I elected to get another job ASAP rather than "upset the apple cart" by calling my buyer's agent. Then I landed a better job for $18k/year, and nobody ever asked about it (hey, it was a while ago!). It was during a very high interest period, so as soon as rates came down, I refinanced with a new lender, and the bygones were bygones.
This wouldn’t fly now. They do multiple employment verifications during escrow.

They do a final one usually a couple days or day before closing.