Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We got a VIN!!!! App showed we got within a 4 day window and I was like "Hmmm, I wonder if I can already peek at the VIN through the source code". No need, as the VIN was already there along with the message: "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery".

VIN NF389xxx

Updated my entry on the Teslike spreadsheet. I've been reading the news and it looks like Austin is days away. I'm curious whether it makes sense to push this or just take it? First gut reaction is to just take it and be done with it. But excited to finally have a VIN as it's a sign of real progress!

My stats below:

Model Y LR, White/Black, 5 seats, 19", no tow hitch (as base as it gets)
Order Date: 9/25/21 (at local Tesla dealer. Website EDD during Order Date: April 2022)
Profile Completed Date: 9/27/21

EDD As of:

10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (48 days with this EDD, 20 days since OD)
12/02: EDD February 14 - March 14th (58 days with this EDD, 68 days since OD)
01/29: EDD February 19 - March 5th (3 days with this EDD, 126 days since OD)
02/01: EDD February 20 - March 20th (3 days with this EDD, 129 days since OD)
02/04: EDD February 24 - March 10th (17 days with this EDD, 132 days since OD)
02/11: Received Trade in Text (139 days since OD)
02/21: EDD March 11 - March 25th (17 days with this EDD, 153 days since OD)
02/27: Received VIN (155 days since OD)
02/27: EDD March 17 - March 21st (Current, 155 days since OD)

We got a VIN!!!! App showed we got within a 4 day window and I was like "Hmmm, I wonder if I can already peek at the VIN through the source code". No need, as the VIN was already there along with the message: "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery".

VIN NF389xxx

Updated my entry on the Teslike spreadsheet. I've been reading the news and it looks like Austin is days away. I'm curious whether it makes sense to push this or just take it? First gut reaction is to just take it and be done with it. But excited to finally have a VIN as it's a sign of real progress!

My stats below:

Order Date: 9/25/21 (at local Tesla dealer. Website EDD during Order Date: April 2022)

EDD As of:

Congrats...glad more September VIN's are getting assigned, but I am beyond hope that my Unicorn order will get to the VIN stage. There must be something wrong with my profile, paperwork or they are just laughing at my RN at the factory and its sitting half built off in the corner with a cover over it...mark my words I will be last in the September orders...:(

I ordered a MYLR white, black int, 5 seater with gemini wheels on 9/10 at Tesla Lynnwood. Original date was supposed to be in February but its moved around a lot, at one point in december or january I think it was as far out as September and then it moved to march-april but now it's been holding steady for May-June.

Kind of dissapointed its moved that far out. My dad ordered his at the end of august in the same config and he got his at the end of January already.
Yeah I wish someone would explain that one for me...there is no mathematical rhyme or reason

Reactions: night_fury
Where’s the Sacramento delivery center? When I put my order in, the only options were rocklin Tesla center or home delivery. Arden area by chance? I will bring this up when I get my VIN.
Yup 2535 Arden Way, Sacramento, CA 95825. i had to select rocklin when i placed my order at the Tesla Sacramento location but 2 months before Delivery i received a text that said they had updated the delivery location to "sacramento delivery center".

Reactions: dot.eth
I know exactly how you feel. But rest assured people living in TX will not get them right away because there is a law in TX that states the Teslas have to be driven out of state first before they can be sold to in state residence. This will actually create a delay for them. So they might end up getting Teslas from Fremont.
For whatever it is worth, hang in there. Have been waiting since 9/28 and I live in Tampa FL and I see brand new MY all over the place. But I know when it is my time it will happen. 😁
This is fairly solvable. Tesla can simply have a holding lot in a neighboring state like LA and ship them to TX buyers from there. Kind of silly that Austin built Teslas would need to leave TX to be sold to Texans, but that's just how it is right now. I'm sure this would be cheaper for Tesla than shipping all the way from Fremont.

VIN NF389xxx

My stats below:

EDD As of:

Same order and order date as mine, so I’m excited to see you get your VIN. I hope mine is not far behind. I’m in CA so wouldn’t be surprised if they are saving mine until later in the month. 🤞

Reactions: Sunil_K and eMahle
Ordered 9/17/21, and got a vin on 2/14 (build date 2/13 per SA). Scheduled delivery for 3/2 but SA reached out on 2/23 that I could pick it up early today 2/27. However, they texted yesterday that "there are logistics problems at the Chicago rail yard" and they need to push it back but would let me know today. So far, radio silence even after I reached out. They are "looking into it". I can't make Monday or Tuesday, so hopefully they dont give me problems about missing my "3 day window".

With pick up scheduled for this Friday, took the "last one" photo

20220226_110017.jpg

This is fairly solvable. Tesla can simply have a holding lot in a neighboring state like LA and ship them to TX buyers from there. Kind of silly that Austin built Teslas would need to leave TX to be sold to Texans, but that's just how it is right now. I'm sure this would be cheaper for Tesla than shipping all the way from Fremont.
I mean either way the law is the law. Who knows what Tesla is thinking.

I mean either way the law is the law. Who knows what Tesla is thinking.
What is the law exactly? I guess I would like to know. I thought TX had a law to prevent car manufacturer direct sales to customers, but how does shipping out of the state and back in circumvent that? Ford doesn’t have any factories in Texas. Does that mean they are allowed to sell directly to customers and not need to go through a dealership in TX? What IS the story behind Austin cars getting shipped out of and back into TX, if that is indeed a thing?

What is the law exactly? I guess I would like to know. I thought TX had a law to prevent car manufacturer direct sales to customers, but how does shipping out of the state and back in circumvent that? Ford doesn’t have any factories in Texas. Does that mean they are allowed to sell directly to customers and not need to go through a dealership in TX? What IS the story behind Austin cars getting shipped out of and back into TX, if that is indeed a thing?
So Texas has a law that car dealers are not allowed to sell directly to residents that are in TX if the dealer is based out of TX. So Teslas built in Texas would need to leave the state of TX and then be sold to the resident of Texas. So whether that be that they sell Freemont Teslas to Texans or they have a storage facility right outside TX in a neighboring state and ship those Teslas from TX there to sell them Texans. I mean who really knows at this point. I live in FL and ordered my Tesla in 9/28 and have an EDD of 4/18. Meanwhile people that live on the west coast that ordered way after me already have theirs.
Whi knows what Tesla will do.