Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh yay...pushed back MORE THAN A MONTH now, just a few weeks after being pushed back from February. 9/7 order date, now EDD April 20 - May 18.

Judging by join dates I see, I'm a lot more OG than most. I've been on here since 2013 and waited a year (normal) for my Model S back in 2014. Oh, those were the days, haha. But that time has taught me lessons I see new folks having to learn the hard way. Don't put any stock in Tesla estimates (for the love of god, don't sell your only car based on an EDD), never expect a call back...well, ever, but definitely when you're told you "WILL" get one, and seldom rely on any information given to you by anyone over the phone or text, it will take years to get a software update that contains any real, beneficial feature no matter how easy or demanded the feature is (and in the meantime you will get numerous pointless updates no one cares about, see fart app).

It just happens when it happens, and there's no rationale behind anything. They're not really a very well run company from everything I've observed. Imagine if Elon put the kind of attention he gives to manufacturing to the service side.

How did you find out a VIN was assigned to you? I had bought a M3 back in 2019 and don't remember how I found out a VIN was assigned. Way too much has happened between then and now. LOL
I was reading this forum and thinking about all the comments about all the VINs and EDD changes over the previous 24 hours, so I checked and the VIN was on my account. It was day one of an EDD that had already shifted twice in the last week, maybe four times in the last month.

A couple of hours later i receive a text message from Tesla telling me I got a VIN and to check my account. Then a few hours after that another text came telling me to go to my account and pick a delivery day and time slot. First delivery day was two days after VIN (yesterday). Picked it up today, day 2 of the three day window. Not a lot of time for West Coasters to get ready for D-Day.

BTW, the car was perfect, Ryzen, etc.

Congrats!! Who did you go with for tint and PPF?
thank you!!
I have an Appointment this friday at Detail Maniac, i have used them for my past vehicles and current BMW and like always hands down on their work.. i will defiantly post an update by next week when i receive the car back with a summary on how its been so far 🍻

Just to pile on with everyone else…

Been checking religiously and had Mar 19-31st for about a week. This morning woke up to a push to Apr 9 - May 7. Really starting to wonder if this car is ever going to actually be delivered. Previously spoke with a rep who assured that the old window was legit. Have a baby that’s about to get here so the push after push after push has been especially frustrating.

MYLR, 5 seat, Gemini, grey, no hitch. OD 9/19 with no holds.

Been checking religiously and had Mar 19-31st for about a week. This morning woke up to a push to Apr 9 - May 7. Really starting to wonder if this car is ever going to actually be delivered. Previously spoke with a rep who assured that the old window was legit. Have a baby that’s about to get here so the push after push after push has been especially frustrating.

You have the exact same order as me but with a slightly different order date. This makes me nervous that mine will get pushed back as well. Hopefully you still get a VIN soon by the end of the month. Wouldn't be the first time that has happened after movement in the EDD.

You have the exact same order as me but with a slightly different order date. This makes me nervous that mine will get pushed back as well. Hopefully you still get a VIN soon by the end of the month. Wouldn't be the first time that has happened after movement in the EDD.
This is now the fourth or fifth push. I’ve made it into the delivery window twice if I remember correctly before a push. This whole process is needlessly frustrating on Teslas part and really putting a dent into the overall experience IMO.

Hope we both end up with a better outcome here, but considering the amount of competition arriving in the next couple years Tesla is really going to have to figure this kind of stuff out.

This is now the fourth or fifth push. I’ve made it into the delivery window twice if I remember correctly before a push. This whole process is needlessly frustrating on Teslas part and really putting a dent into the overall experience IMO.

Hope we both end up with a better outcome here, but considering the amount of competition arriving in the next couple years Tesla is really going to have to figure this kind of stuff out.

Hopefully you get your car soon.

If it makes you feel better...this is how the other manufacturers handle high demand vehicles....

I have 2 friends that have ordered cars. One was for a Telluride and the other a Toyota Minivan. Both in high demand. They made an "order" with the dealership. The Kia dealership told them it would take 4 to 9 months. They have received zero updates and no additional estimates on when their vehicle will show up.

Similar with the Toyota...however, they just found out that the sales person they were working with quit. Now they don't know who to contact and might have to start the process over after waiting many months.

We went through the same thing with my wife's telluride. Very much prefer how Tesla handles it. Most of the issues are simply that they have a huge back order and people don't like waiting and the longer the back order the more variables and time for delivery estimates to change.

Also, don't get me started about how the Kia dealership didn't honor the price of the telluride when we ordered it and the dealership threw in a couple things on the car (i.e. wheel locks and mats) that we didn't order. There response, we can pass on it and wait for another one (4-9 months). Begrudgingly we bought it cause we needed a car...I hope never to buy from a dealership again.

When I ordered my Model Y the original Estimate was April...hoping to luck out and get it by the end of March.

Hang in there, I am right there with you. My order date is a few weeks before you and my EDD is May-Jun. You can see my EDD history below.

Hang in there, I am right there with you. My order date is a few weeks before you and my EDD is May-Jun. You can see my EDD history below.

Looks like they are basing your EDD on your profile completion date. Hopefully they change it to be based on your order date and get you a VIN here soon. That is definitely one thing they should have been more clear on...the whole profile completion thing.

Looks like they are basing your EDD on your profile completion date. Hopefully they change it to be based on your order date and get you a VIN here soon. That is definitely one thing they should have been more clear on...the whole profile completion thing.
Me too, Tesla said it switched to Order date last month. Not that I have seen it move any sooner.

Reactions: DrGriz
thank you!!
I have an Appointment this friday at Detail Maniac, i have used them for my past vehicles and current BMW and like always hands down on their work.. i will defiantly post an update by next week when i receive the car back with a summary on how its been so far 🍻
Awesome! I just got a quote from them and decided to use them as also. Can’t wait to see your update!

Reactions: carlos916
This wouldn't surprise me. I got the same trade-in call that has been discussed with the promise that their offers increased, so I bit. I asked repeatedly if it would impact my delivery date and was told no, but I've got to assume that's what happened here.

TLDR if you get the trade-in offer text / call just tell them no.

Hi,

I figured misery loves company so here's my stats and timeline:

Model Y LR, White Exterior/Black Interior, 5 seats, 19" Gemini, no tow hitch, no FSD
Order Date: 9/28/21
Profile Completed Date: 9/28/21

Timeline:
09/28: Order made online (Website EDD on order date: April 2022)
10/08: EDD 1/23 to 2/20
10/15: EDD 2/25 to 3/25
10/27: EDD 1/29 to 2/26
12/05: EDD 1/8 to 2/5
12/09: EDD 1/30 to 2/27
12/17: EDD 2/19 to 3/19
02/11: Received trade-in text (no vehicle to trade in)
02/14: EDD 3/11 to 3/31
03/09: EDD 4/14 to 5/12 (sad to wake up to)

I was somehow expecting to be part of the end of quarter pushing given that I'm 10 miles away from the Fremont factory. Should I pop into the Sunnyvale showroom to get some additional info or is that a dead end as well?

Good luck to everyone here still waiting.

Man I feel for everyone here, as the large wave of September orders came. That wave seems to be starting in the October thread now, changing the mood/attitude here dramatically.

For what it's worth, not sure if this helps. But according to the spreadsheet, the few MYLR VINs that came in this month, in the US seem to be from Oct-Dec. Doesn't look like there's a ton, but perhaps it's some evidence to raise hell if your exact spec is being delivered to those that ordered after you with Tesla?

Filters used:
  • Last Updated - This Month (contains "Mar 2022")
  • VIN Date - This Month (contains "Mar 2022")
  • Country - USA
  • Trim Level - Long Range AWD
Hopefully this helps.

1646845103056.png

Hopefully you get your car soon.

If it makes you feel better...this is how the other manufacturers handle high demand vehicles....

I have 2 friends that have ordered cars. One was for a Telluride and the other a Toyota Minivan. Both in high demand. They made an "order" with the dealership. The Kia dealership told them it would take 4 to 9 months. They have received zero updates and no additional estimates on when their vehicle will show up.

Similar with the Toyota...however, they just found out that the sales person they were working with quit. Now they don't know who to contact and might have to start the process over after waiting many months.

We went through the same thing with my wife's telluride. Very much prefer how Tesla handles it. Most of the issues are simply that they have a huge back order and people don't like waiting and the longer the back order the more variables and time for delivery estimates to change.

Also, don't get me started about how the Kia dealership didn't honor the price of the telluride when we ordered it and the dealership threw in a couple things on the car (i.e. wheel locks and mats) that we didn't order. There response, we can pass on it and wait for another one (4-9 months). Begrudgingly we bought it cause we needed a car...I hope never to buy from a dealership again.

When I ordered my Model Y the original Estimate was April...hoping to luck out and get it by the end of March.
Went down the same route...when I hit the 6-month mark last week went to check out a Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid and they have no stock with only "units on the way". I think the days of being able to stop by and drive away the same day could be a thing of the past for the foreseeable future...here's to hoping we all get a delivery that is of good quality and the most current features.

Man I feel for everyone here, as the large wave of September orders came. That wave seems to be starting in the October thread now, changing the mood/attitude here dramatically.

For what it's worth, not sure if this helps. But according to the spreadsheet, the few MYLR VINs that came in this month, in the US seem to be from Oct-Dec. Doesn't look like there's a ton, but perhaps it's some evidence to raise hell if your exact spec is being delivered to those that ordered after you with Tesla?

Filters used:
  • Last Updated - This Month (contains "Mar 2022")
  • VIN Date - This Month (contains "Mar 2022")
  • Country - USA
  • Trim Level - Long Range AWD
Hopefully this helps.

View attachment 778746
Do you have a link to this ss?

Anyone else feel like Tesla is being aggressive with their 6 month order window currently? Maybe the current order for August with add one or December with no add ons is accurate because Texas will be up, but I feel like a lot of us just had our dates moved and the website still shows an august date for new orders…. Thoughts? Are you all thinking our April, May, June dates will switch back to end of march or April as soon as Texas starts pumping it out?
Your avatar is so interesting lol

I have same configuration with an OD/PC of 9/23. I have a feeling MSM orders are getting delayed. My brother in law had the same OD date, same location but white ext & 20” wheels. And he got delivery 2 weeks back.

My EDD is April 16-May 14. Was pushed from Feb 26-March 26 on feb 25.