Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I figured misery loves company so here's my stats and timeline:

Model Y LR, White Exterior/Black Interior, 5 seats, 19" Gemini, no tow hitch, no FSD
Order Date: 9/28/21
Profile Completed Date: 9/28/21

Timeline:
09/28: Order made online (Website EDD on order date: April 2022)
10/08: EDD 1/23 to 2/20
10/15: EDD 2/25 to 3/25
10/27: EDD 1/29 to 2/26
12/05: EDD 1/8 to 2/5
12/09: EDD 1/30 to 2/27
12/17: EDD 2/19 to 3/19
02/11: Received trade-in text (no vehicle to trade in)
02/14: EDD 3/11 to 3/31
03/09: EDD 4/14 to 5/12 (sad to wake up to)

I was somehow expecting to be part of the end of quarter pushing given that I'm 10 miles away from the Fremont factory. Should I pop into the Sunnyvale showroom to get some additional info or is that a dead end as well?

Good luck to everyone here still waiting.
It looks like you got the most basic model with no add-ons so I would not be surprised if they decided to bump to to the next quarter in order to maximize revenue this quarter by fulfilling MYP and MYLR orders with add-ons.

Hi,

I figured misery loves company so here's my stats and timeline:

Model Y LR, White Exterior/Black Interior, 5 seats, 19" Gemini, no tow hitch, no FSD
Order Date: 9/28/21
Profile Completed Date: 9/28/21

Timeline:
09/28: Order made online (Website EDD on order date: April 2022)
10/08: EDD 1/23 to 2/20
10/15: EDD 2/25 to 3/25
10/27: EDD 1/29 to 2/26
12/05: EDD 1/8 to 2/5
12/09: EDD 1/30 to 2/27
12/17: EDD 2/19 to 3/19
02/11: Received trade-in text (no vehicle to trade in)
02/14: EDD 3/11 to 3/31
03/09: EDD 4/14 to 5/12 (sad to wake up to)

I was somehow expecting to be part of the end of quarter pushing given that I'm 10 miles away from the Fremont factory. Should I pop into the Sunnyvale showroom to get some additional info or is that a dead end as well?

Good luck to everyone here still waiting.
Im in Vegas and ordered 9/27/21 just 1 day before you. I have exact same number of EDD's as you and all very similar within a week or so. I have the same EDD as you 4/14 to 5/12 at this time. Must be some sort of algorithm that makes these EDD's geographically and sends out these EDD notices automatically, cant be a coincidence. Anyway, good luck

Do you have a link to this ss?

Reactions: sfal
Im in Vegas and ordered 9/27/21 just 1 day before you. I have exact same number of EDD's as you and all very similar within a week or so. I have the same EDD as you 4/14 to 5/12 at this time. Must be some sort of algorithm that makes these EDD's geographically and sends out these EDD notices automatically, cant be a coincidence. Anyway, good luck
I assume you ordered a MYLR otherwise you would have had yours by now. Did you select any add-ons or base model?

I have same configuration with an OD/PC of 9/23. I have a feeling MSM orders are getting delayed. My brother in law had the same OD date, same location but white ext & 20” wheels. And he got delivery 2 weeks back.

My EDD is April 16-May 14. Was pushed from Feb 26-March 26 on feb 25.
I hope not!!!!

My dates have been pretty solid with minimal change since my 10/2 order.

I'm really counting on a March delivery and now have a 10 day EDD starting 3/22. Only 13 days away!!

Reactions: gaurilla
My Tesla Customer Service Experience:
  • ... reach out to me by EOD or next morning at max.
  • 3/2: No one reaches out to me. ...I should callback if either no one reaches out to me
  • 3/4: EDD didn't change and no one reached out to me.
  • 3/8: no one reached out to me.

I live 10 miles from the SC, so I drove there every time I wanted to check on delivery. I didn't have any problems, but there's only a handful of SAs that work the desk, so they can't pass the buck as easily.

Reactions: night_fury
Talked with a rep again, and apparently there's some shuffling going on in their backend systems. Allegedly delivery dates will shift again for customers who have no holds etc, so fingers crossed we'll settle back into the end of quarter push. Let's see if they can pull this off...
I think these reps and SA say stuff that everyone wants to hear. Really doubt they even know whats going on. I have talked to 3 different reps/SA and they all had a new story to share.

I live 10 miles from the SC, so I drove there every time I wanted to check on delivery. I didn't have any problems, but there's only a handful of SAs that work the desk, so they can't pass the buck as easily.
Did they tell you anything different than what was in App? I have spoke with my SA, email and in person, and he can give me nothing more than what I already know. He said he can’t see anything without a VIN.

It looks like you got the most basic model with no add-ons so I would not be surprised if they decided to bump to to the next quarter in order to maximize revenue this quarter by fulfilling MYP and MYLR orders with add-ons.
I'm a supply chain person myself and you make a good point about maximizing revenue. To play devil's advocate, wouldn't Tesla be able to push out my basic Model Y indefinitely if they had a large enough backlog of premium orders? It would work great for Tesla but be terrible for the consumer.

Did they tell you anything different than what was in App? I have spoke with my SA, email and in person, and he can give me nothing more than what I already know. He said he can’t see anything without a VIN.

I went once to say "I've heard that if I screwed up my profile, I won't get a VIN" and they looked it over and said everything was in order, and the EDD would not be kicked-out due to anything I did. So, that helped calm my nerves a bit.

At the time (about Jan 1) I had an EDD of 1/18-2/15, and the SA told me that I should not expect anything until February. That turned out to be true: on 2nd day of EDD, the window kicked out to Feb., then to late Feb, and finally delivery was scheduled for 2/28. I don't know if the SA actually saw something to indicate no January delivery, or if they just tell every person that walks in the door that it will arrive near the end of (or even after) the EDD window. That would probably result in fewer frustrated customers, which would make the SA's job less stressful. Heck, maybe they should tell every customer that the first EDD always gets kicked-out? Or maybe that would go too far, and create frustrated customers.

Reactions: cusetownusa
My edd was changed from 3/11-3/18 to 4/14 to 5/12 yesterday, but then I suddenly received a VIN and EDD was changed to 3/11-3/15.
I added Tesla Insurance (Texas) and was pleasantly surprised to see my rate was set to $125/month. You don't get such rate for $65000 car.
Mine is MYLR, with a tow hitch and FSD, White, Gemini, 5 seater.
VIN is F392XXX
Now I've got a firm delivery date. 3/15. I'm so excited!

I'm a supply chain person myself and you make a good point about maximizing revenue. To play devil's advocate, wouldn't Tesla be able to push out my basic Model Y indefinitely if they had a large enough backlog of premium orders? It would work great for Tesla but be terrible for the consumer.
That's definitely true. They could do that to a point, but I think that word would eventually get around. I have my fingers crossed for all of us here.