Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Staying positive!
It's worth the wait.

I was skeptical of all the gushing, glowing reports, but it is true. I've owned Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, and Audi, and none of them gave me a thrill like my new Model Y. It is remarkable.

When I picked up my car on Tuesday, I reflected on my journey.
  1. I bought a state-of-the art luxury car on my cell phone.
  2. There was almost no human contact, only the SA I checked in with for a test drive. I did an M3 test drive all via internet and texts. (I have nothing against humans.)
  3. Didn't have to haggle over price and then wait at a dealership while some sales guy went to "talk to my manager and see if he'll approve your pathetic offer." No sales pressure on add-ons like undercoating and other dealer profit builders.
  4. Arranged a trade in via text messages at a fair price in the space of a couple of hours. I later declined, but it was quick.
  5. Picked up the car without talking to a human.
  6. Paid for the car using my cell phone after vehicle inspection and verifying my identity by taking a selfie through the app.
  7. Arranged insurance for my new MY and my wife's Volvo (great car) via the internet for a slightly lower price than I'm paying Allstate for identical coverage (collision insurance for Teslas is expensive with legacy insurers).
  8. Did all of the above without once ever signing a document or even touching a piece of paper.
I'm still unhappy with Tesla's lack of information and communications with customers, but the process itself was absolutely extraordinary. As is the car.

Anyone know if getting a trade in text is a sign of close delivery? I just got the text but I declined since I’ve seen mixed stories of dates being pushed back because of trade in possibly
Don’t think so. But stories on delayed deliveries are definitely mixed. To me it appears that if you don’t update your trade in info at the required 30 day interval, your account gets marked incomplete. On the 30th day you’ll notice in the app you have a task to complete (update odometer on trade).

Reactions: cusetownusa