Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to text my SA So bad and be like I Thought delivery was likely this month. Lol. I just don’t know what to do anymore. It’ll be exactly 6 months on Monday
It still might be. I have in a similar position as you and still holding on some hope that I will get it in March, knowing that it could easily get pushed back into April. Not sure there is anything an SA can do though…Tesla is making and delivering as many cars as fast as they can. While frustrating as it is, it’s still just a first world problem having to wait a few extra weeks for a $60,000 car that has insane demand.

A true voice of reason. You’re right, just frustrated
It still might be. I have in a similar position as you and still holding on some hope that I will get it in March, knowing that it could easily get pushed back into April. Not sure there is anything an SA can do though…Tesla is making and delivering as many cars as fast as they can. While frustrating as it is, it’s still just a first world problem having to wait a few extra weeks for a $60,000 car that has insane demand.

This is a ****ing joke. My EDD has moved to March 29 - April 12. I confirmed a March delivery in the text. This is BS
I have a slightly different view on this, and a bit more optimistic. My own date just went from 3/21 - 3/31 to 3/24 - 4/7. Although it looks like the window is larger and pushed out, it is actually tighter. Hear me out… The 3/31 date indicates that Tesla would like to deliver your vehicle at the EOQ, otherwise the last date for a generic EDD is usually one month later than the first date. My own EDD started at 3/7 - 3/31 at the beginning of March, with the first date slipping to 3/14 and then to 3/21 but the last date always at 3/31. The 3/21 - 3/31 wasn’t a 10 day window so much as a generic EDD modified to indicate my car is flagged for an EOQ delivery. It tends to be the case that EDDs squeeze to 2 weeks when delivery is close. So your 3/29-4/12 date and my 3/24-4/7 indicates we now officially have 2 week windows. That’s a good thing.

Now the bad news. Since we’re in California, if our dates slip into April, it is less likely we’ll see these cars in early April. Tesla is focused on California now for EOQ, and if we miss that, they will resume shipping to the rest of the country and take care of all the others they neglected in late March first.

That’s at least how I’m reading the tea leaves. Still, I’m cautiously optimistic we’ll both see our cars by March 31

EDD moved from March 30-31 to March 24-April 7. It’s basically a week earlier than my last EDD. Maybe this is a good thing and delivery still happens this month.

To be honest, I no longer feel like an outcast now that I have the same/similar EDD as others.
I hope that is a good sign! My previous EDD was 3/18-3/31 and it moved up to only 3 days to 3/21-4/4.

I just spoke to my friend who has a M3 order. Their EDD scene is much similar to ours, keeps pushing back but always has a 3/31 end date. She just got her VIN yesterday. EDD before VIN was 3/21 - 3/31. So hopefully same thing applies to MY orders. 🤞