Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A true voice of reason. You’re right, just frustrated

I hear you...funny thing is, when I ordered my car back in September with an original EDD of April I just went on with my life and didn't think of it much. With the EDD so far away I think I just mentally blocked it out. Now that I am within a few days of a one week window I have been refreshing my app incessantly all day and feel like a kid filled with anticipation on the night before Christmas...with the added frustration of not knowing if Christmas will be pushed back or really when it will actually come. lol

Maybe this wait will make us appreciate it even more when it comes.

Welcome to the 6 month + club....
Look like I'll be joining soon too. Got pushed from March 19-31 to March 31 - April 14. This will be my second Tesla, sold my M3 to my cousin in September. The wait for that car was only 6 weeks in 2019. This (collective) experience is leaving a bitter taste in my mouth especially since there's no clear communication from Tesla as to how they are lining up deliveries and the ever increasing need to ditch the gas guzzler I have given rising gas prices.

In a few years, when I'm ready for a new car and when there are more EV options available in the market, I'll be considering those other options. Since I've owned a Tesla before I can tell you the car is great when you first get it, but the excitement eventually dies down just like with everything else.

For those that have taken delivery of a September order- what is your premium connectivity subscription “trial” looking like? At one point I thought orders placed before a certain date in October 2021 (don’t recall the exact date) had a year free trial. Then after said date for orders- it became 30 days only. Now I cant find where I read that. :/

180 days (6 months) for me is officially today. When I ordered back in September the original forecast (before order) was just moving from January to February, and I was excited that I got my order in before the expected delivery days moved to March. What a ride it has been since then. Other than the occasional random EDD moves, it looked like I got pulled into December end of year delivery dates with 2 different 3 day windows, of which neither ended up panning out with a VIN, and dates were pushed to February. Things got exciting in February when once again my delivery window narrowed down to 3 days and then pushed out to March as soon as I made it into it. Now I am a month later than the expected delivery date provided at time of order, watching my window shrink to 7 days again, and wondering if I am about to be punted to end of April beginning of May with another month long EDD. I guess it comes when it comes. I didn't sell a car, or have any issues that put me at a disadvantage while I am waiting for the Tesla to keep being pushed back. I am just excited to try the new technology, and disappointed that I really have no real clue when that might be.

Reactions: Antonius138
For those that have taken delivery of a September order- what is your premium connectivity subscription “trial” looking like? At one point I thought orders placed before a certain date in October 2021 (don’t recall the exact date) had a year free trial. Then after said date for orders- it became 30 days only. Now I cant find where I read that. :/
I reached out to Tesla CS with this exact question. The Rep informed me that the premium connectivity for Sept orders (up until I believe it was October 12th) will have the 1-yr subscription as stated in the original order. We will see if this actually holds up...

I ordered a couple of weeks before Tesla reduced the premium connectivity to one month. My account shows an expiration date exactly one year from the day of delivery.

Can't say I'm overwhelmed by the Premium Connectivity. The streaming options are all low quality and the only way to get music off my phone is through the Bluetooth bottleneck. Doesn't matter if it is stored on the phone or streamed via the phone it is mediocre quality because of Bluetooth. The only feature I can see worthwhile is the satellite view in navigation.

I ordered a couple of weeks before Tesla reduced the premium connectivity to one month. My account shows an expiration date exactly one year from the day of delivery.

Can't say I'm overwhelmed by the Premium Connectivity. The streaming options are all low quality and the only way to get music off my phone is through the Bluetooth bottleneck. Doesn't matter if it is stored on the phone or streamed via the phone it is mediocre quality because of Bluetooth. The only feature I can see worthwhile is the satellite view in navigation.
Where in account is this option available to view? I ordered 9/23.
Wonder if I get this 1 year trial? How can I verify?

After a long time waiting, it's finally here. Delivery was extremely smooth, took 15 minutes overall. Car looks in great shape and they said "3 days or 100 miles" to look over the car, so tomorrow I'll go over everything with care to make sure everything looks good. AMD Ryzen confirmed, everything looks in great shape. Glad that this anxiety is finally over with, and I hope everyone here gets theirs soon. The wait is just absolutely brutal, but hopefully worth it for everyone that sticks it out.

This is the most base model, so proof that those who don't have the most expensive models can also believe a VIN date is possible!!

Only thing I see so far is that the car had 6 miles, and the cameras aren't calibrated, so no cruise control or autopilot for now. I figure once I get enough miles in this should work.

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-18 at 11.01.24 AM.jpeg

My final timeline:

Model Y LR, White/Black, 5 seats, 19", no tow hitch (as base as it gets)
Order Date: 9/25/21
Profile Completed Date: 9/27/21

Timeline:

09/25: Order Made at local Tesla dealer. (Website EDD during Order Date: April 2022)
10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (48 days with this EDD, 20 days since OD)
12/02: EDD February 14 - March 14th (58 days with this EDD, 68 days since OD)
01/29: EDD February 19 - March 5th (3 days with this EDD, 126 days since OD)
02/01: EDD February 20 - March 20th (3 days with this EDD, 129 days since OD)
02/04: EDD February 24 - March 10th (17 days with this EDD, 132 days since OD)
02/11: Received Trade in Text (139 days since OD)
02/21: EDD March 11 - March 25th (17 days with this EDD, 153 days since OD)
02/27: Received VIN NF389xxx (155 days since OD)
02/27: EDD March 17 - March 21st (4 days with this EDD, 159 days since OD)
03/03: EDD March 19th - Delivery Date confirmed
03/18: Delivery Day (1 day early)

Interesting though, chart at bottom shows Model 3 and Y only get 30 days for orders after October 15, 2021, but doesn't mention the cars ordered prior get the 1 yr.

It does say, "All Model S, Model X, Model Y and Model 3 ordered on or after July 1, 2018 will receive a Premium Connectivity trial beginning on the day of delivery" but the chart only lists S and X get 1 year starting July 1, 2018 and miss the Y and 3.