Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please excuse my ignorance. How can you complete the payment if you are financing but don’t have a VIN yet?
They want you to have a payment plan to consider the order complete. It's just a process to make sure the order is sincere. Doesn't mean it can't change. That's why the observant suggested indicating "cash" until you have a VIN in hand. So you don't get monthly credit checks for loans or have to update tradeins.

People have been told that was the expectation and that it affected the ultimate EDD, and that now that is not weighted. Not the only factor determining EDD for sure. Is it cast in stone? Who knows?

Congratulations! What was your EDD before VIN?
Thanks.

Sept 21 profile completion, on hold until Jan 1. Then EDD changed many times and varied between Jan and July. Recently it was stuck at June 1-29. Got a text on the 16th to confirm March delivery - which I did. On 18th, EDD changed to March 20-Apr 2. This morning it changed to March 22 - 26 with a VIN assignment. Local Fremont delivery.

Is this documented fact or just widely accepted speculation? I've always suspected the latter because with my M3 I didn't complete the payment info until after I had the VIN. Of course wait times back then were only a couple months. Anyway I have just assumed this was based on something an all-knowing SA told someone and it took hold but maybe I'm wrong.
Tesla ever documents how the EDD is calculated. But was lot of evidence end of last year. And a few people, including myself, were told by Tesla that as of early March, profile complete was no longer going to be used for EDD calculations, instead order date was going to be used

Reactions: c77m and DrGriz
Thanks.

Sept 21 profile completion, on hold until Jan 1. Then EDD changed many times and varied between Jan and July. Recently it was stuck at June 1-29. Got a text on the 16th to confirm March delivery - which I did. On 18th, EDD changed to March 20-Apr 2. This morning it changed to March 22 - 26 with a VIN assignment. Local Fremont delivery.
Oohhhh. I have March 21-April 4 EDD. Hope I get my VIN by tomorrow. Also 9/21 OD. 🤞🏼