Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla ever documents how the EDD is calculated. But was lot of evidence end of last year. And a few people, including myself, were told by Tesla that as of early March, profile complete was no longer going to be used for EDD calculations, instead order date was going to be used
As BGOwner indicated, there are numerous examples on this forum of profile completion date significantly impacting EDD. Perhaps Tesla is now using order date for orders placed since March and going forward, but adding FSD and/or other options now seems to impact EDD enough to override order date to certain degree. People ordering now and adding FSD may receive their vehicles before people who have already been waiting months. That seems wrong to me.

EDD change this morning from (3/29 - 3/31) to (4/20 - 5/25). So much for East Coast EOQ delivery. Hopefully this moves up at least a little bit. Would love to get the vehicle early April.
Ordered 2 Sept, had an EDD of 18 to 31 Mar until yesterday when it changed to 20 Apr to 25 May. Really hurt this time as I was in the delivery window for the first time. West coast delivery for me.

Ordered 2 Sept, had an EDD of 18 to 31 Mar until yesterday when it changed to 20 Apr to 25 May. Really hurt this time as I was in the delivery window for the first time. West coast delivery for me
Ordered 9/2/2021 as well (too lazy to update my sig) and had the same EDD of 3/18 - 3/31 and it pushed out a bit to 3/21 - 4/2. Tesla hates Oregonians and especially "unicorn" seven seaters. We will likely have both our rigs on the same truck in 2023 when no one wants a Tesla any more...

Wait. You have a VIN, right? If you have a VIN your car is built. Did you get a text message telling you to check your account? Were delivery appointments offered for you to choose?
I have a VIN & text mentioning to check my account to add insurance and payment info. I received my delivery appointment text today morning PDT, so i guess the car was either built yesterday eve, or today morning. Or the tesla rep replying my text messages passed on an incorrect information.

I will reach out to them again today.

BTW i dont see any tesla vision waiver agreement, in which step does that show up?

EDIT: I called them, the built date is yesterday & the rep said, i have all the new features.

Last edited:
I have a VIN & text mentioning to check my account to add insurance and payment info. I received my delivery appointment text today morning PDT, so i guess the car was either built yesterday eve, or today morning. Or the tesla rep replying my text messages passed on an incorrect information.

I will reach out to them again today.

BTW i dont see any tesla vision waiver agreement, in which step does that show up?
I didn't have to acknowledge or push a button on a waiver of the tesla vision, but IIRC there was a note on the appointment scheduling page noting the change.

A Tesla SA passing on incorrect information is not an uncommon occurrence. Some might say a regular occurrence. If you have a VIN and a delivery appointment your car exists and should be on the way, or at least on the way to being on the way.

BTW, Blue with the white interior was my favorite combination. But my next door neighbor has a blue Tesla so I went with MSM (when it was an additional cost🙁).

Reactions: night_fury
As correlation does not equal causation, I think this confirms my impression of where the basis of the theory originated. I bet Elon gets a kick out of all this stuff though.
You are entitled to your own opinion, but there were entirely too many examples of profile completion impacting EDD to disregard. Furthermore, there were a number of examples of people who were told by their SAs not to complete their profiles. These people reported completing their profiles at a later time and receiveing EDDs that are more consistent with their profile completion date and not their order dates. My own EDD is consistent with my profile completion date. Is this “PROOF,” perhaps not. However, the best practice at the time to make sure one was actually in the queue to receive a vehicle was to select cash and no trade in. Sure, it would be great if Tesla gave us more than information about order fulfillment or changes to policies. It would also be great if we could rely on info we get from SAs without trying to verify from other sources. But that isn’t the case and we try to figure out what is going on by observing others in similar situations.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but there were entirely too many examples of profile completion impacting EDD to disregard. Furthermore, there were a number of examples of people who were told by their SAs not to complete their profiles. These people reported completing their profiles at a later time and receiveing EDDs that are more consistent with their profile completion date and not their order dates. My own EDD is consistent with my profile completion date. Is this “PROOF,” perhaps not. However, the best practice at the time to make sure one was actually in the queue to receive a vehicle was to select cash and no trade in. Sure, it would be great if Tesla gave us more than information about order fulfillment or changes to policies. It would also be great if we could rely on info we get from SAs without trying to verify from other sources. But that isn’t the case and we try to figure out what is going on by observing others in similar situations.
And I am one of those people. SA mentioned to not select finance due to expiring and multiple credit inquiries. EDD on order day said January 2022. Nov 1 it was showing as March 2022 when I completed payment and set to cash. Few days later, it updated to date shown in signature with full history of changes.

I know of a few others here with similar stories. Nite fury had similar issue, ordered in July, completed profile in September and just got his VIN this weekend

Reactions: DrGriz
Thank you for your permission. :) But I wasn't meaning to argue anything, just acknowledging what was said. I wish my experience was consistent as well, I'd have a better EDD than 8/8-9/5.

I’m getting close.

I ordered mine on my birthday last year. The way things are going I may end up finally receiving my Y on my next birthday.
I ordered a MY-LR5 3 days after you did and my current EDD is about 6 weeks after your EDD. If my EDD were to hold that would make it about 9 months from completing the order to delivery. Delivery time seems to be almost random for MY's.

Tomorrow marks 6 months exactly since I ordered my Model Y. Where all my 6 monthers at 😭😭
Checking in - I did end up visiting a showroom in Texas and spoke to a rep there and he took my reservation number down and said he’ll keep an eye out if anything comes. Ever since then a new 510 number sent me a generic text message and now responds back to my questions. I have also heard back from both my delivery center and service center via the 510 number.

Reactions: Jd2pictures
How did you make the down payment? Like via bank or a check? Just wondering how tesla takes down payments. Also your car configuration?
Using the Tesla App you can link your bank account with login username / password. I initially wanted to use my wellsfargo but realized that I did not have enough found, then I found that it can link to Marcus directly.

I decided to use Tesla finance, Tesla insurance(it is actually way cheaper than my current statefarm), that's super easy on the Tesla APP.
I believe if you choose 3rd party, it might be a little painful :)

My car is white exterior and white interior, LR no FSD, 19" wheels.

• Love
Reactions: gaurilla
That’s good to hear. I’m kinda in that same boat now. Went to a showroom the other day and he did the same. He texted me today saying he would keep an eye out for anything that matches my configuration. Time will tell
Checking in - I did end up visiting a showroom in Texas and spoke to a rep there and he took my reservation number down and said he’ll keep an eye out if anything comes. Ever since then a new 510 number sent me a generic text message and now responds back to my questions. I have also heard back from both my delivery center and service center via the 510 number.

Reactions: MYBrokenArrow