Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For Los Angeles delivery, I got the message this morning to schedule touchless delivery! First available day is Sunday, but I kind of want to call to ask if I can pick it up at the delivery center.
Pretty sure Touchless Delivery is at the DC.

Express Delivery
With touchless Express Delivery, arrive at your scheduled delivery location, check-in, and be shown to your car. For added convenience, explore features and functions with Tesla Tutorial videos along with the Owner’s Manual directly from your in-car touchscreen. All tutorials can also be accessed from the settings menu in the Tesla app. When you’re ready to get on the road your Tesla Advisor will guide you through accepting delivery.

From what I understand in the whole Tesla order process is that while waiting for VIN, you keep your profile information as simple as possible, it means that Cash and no trade-in. Once you get a VIN, you will request to change to finance and you will also receive a text regarding trade-in. If you have these 2 variables (finance and trade-in) in your profile, then your EDD will keep changing whenever these expired - finance - 60days, trade-in monthly (i think). This is what I learned from the forum.
Very good info, thank you!

Order date 2 Sept 21, EDD 20 Apr to 25 May 22, until this morning, now changed to 9 Sept to 4 Nov. I have to assume Tesla would prefer that I cancel my order.
A nearly two-month EDD us ridiculous, so ridiculous that you shouldn't put too much stock in it. This may just be the typical purgatory people are dumped into before Tesla's Commodore 64 reshuffles the order of deliveries. Keep the faith.

I’m in the same exact boat as you. Dates and everything exactly the same
Had my VIN assigned on Monday, EDD just changed this morning to 03/27-04/04 from 03/24 -04/03. Still haven't been contacted by Tesla for delivery. Now I'm worried that if they don't end up delivering by the end of March for EOQ then it's going to get pushed back again.

I got the text yesterday morning that my car is in-transit to DC and to schedule delivery. Earliest available was Saturday AM. Got a second text yesterday afternoon that my car is ready and if I would like to reschedule, which I didn't since I have work. Based on that, you guys should take delivery anytime soon. Once it leaves Fremont, you can basically pick it up same day if everything goes well. Must have been a logistics issue on their side or truck/driver shortage, who knows?

Hang in there!

Had my VIN assigned on Monday, EDD just changed this morning to 03/27-04/04 from 03/24 -04/03. Still haven't been contacted by Tesla for delivery. Now I'm worried that if they don't end up delivering by the end of March for EOQ then it's going to get pushed back again.
Same exact change this morning. Nobody at Tesla knows if these cars have even been built yet. I was hoping to take delivery over the weekend, but it's not looking good now.

Reactions: Jd2pictures
I was also surprised they offered home delivery yesterday. When I placed my order, it says I am not within range to do home delivery.
I'm in Woodland Hills and while ordering it said that delivery was not available in the area. I'm guess I will have to pick up at Burbank but, I'm ok with it. Now if only I get the text to schedule delivery. I hope this is the last of the EDD windows for me ;)

Reactions: Jd2pictures
People who received their MY, how bad is the phantom braking while using AP?
I haven't used it a lot, but I did get some on a two-lane road that was well marked with only a few turn-ins. I was surprised and tapped the brake to get out of AP. It is definitely something to keep an eye on. It worked well on freeways (which is its best use anyway), but I do not have full confidence in it just yet. We'll see.

I didn't get FSD, and this is a reason why.

I reached out to my SA this morning and got this response. Also this is like my 5th SA

“Good morning James! This is your Tesla delivery advisor Kyle, I believe Carlos had replied to one of your messages earlier. Your vehicle is still pending manufacture, possibly delayed due to supply chain volatility

In regard to insurance, I would recommend letting your insurer know the car has not been built yet and you have not taken delivery; I'm actually surprised they were able to get you insurance for the VIN, usually they're not in their database until the car has cleared the factory gate. At any rate, one you have a scheduled delivery date, you'll be able to go into the Tesla App to upload insurance (for any car you drive, does not have to be for the new car) and/or get a quote for Tesla Insurance”

I guess I’ll just keep renting cars and Uber until then. It’s kinda wild how nobody really knows what’s going on. I wish they had a legit tracking system that we could follow.