Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s been so long since I have had the opportunity to update this thread for our order, but my long wait has finally come to an end.

A little background:
MYLR ordered 1 September. Black/black w/ inductions, 7 seater, No FSD:

We initially received a delivery date of Dec 21. Well in November that got pushed out to March ‘22. So we kept checking the account and it didn’t budge.. until Feb 12th it got extended out to July ‘22. Incredibly disappointed and kind of over the whole thing my wife and I just accepted that we may never see our Model Y.

On March 1st I checked the app and we had a VIN assigned and an estimated delivery date of 23-26 March! Lucky enough, my wife’s birthday is the 22nd so we were stoked for it to be a bit of a belated gift for her.

On 26 March, we finally took delivery of our car! Financing/trade-in was super smooth and we could not be happier with the vehicle. I did not notice any panel gap issues, but did identify two small scuffs on the frunk/front bumper which will be going in to the SC to get taken care of.

We have an appointment next week to get an XPEL stealth wrap on it and look forward to seeing it matted out 🙌

Attachments

• 229794A2-6989-4D16-B9DC-348531488934.jpeg
    229794A2-6989-4D16-B9DC-348531488934.jpeg
    784.5 KB · Views: 77
It’s been so long since I have had the opportunity to update this thread for our order, but my long wait has finally come to an end.

A little background:

We initially received a delivery date of Dec 21. Well in November that got pushed out to March ‘22. So we kept checking the account and it didn’t budge.. until Feb 12th it got extended out to July ‘22. Incredibly disappointed and kind of over the whole thing my wife and I just accepted that we may never see our Model Y.

On March 1st I checked the app and we had a VIN assigned and an estimated delivery date of 23-26 March! Lucky enough, my wife’s birthday is the 22nd so we were stoked for it to be a bit of a belated gift for her.

On 26 March, we finally took delivery of our car! Financing/trade-in was super smooth and we could not be happier with the vehicle. I did not notice any panel gap issues, but did identify two small scuffs on the frunk/front bumper which will be going in to the SC to get taken care of.

We have an appointment next week to get an XPEL stealth wrap on it and look forward to seeing it matted out 🙌
Congratulations..can u pl share VIN range 4**?

Good to see finally a September order delivery to Florida. Almost all of the recent posts of deliveries in this Sept sub seem to be West Coast the last few weeks.
Having apparently survived the EOQ froth, I guess its Austin builds for the rest of us Floridians.
I actually no longer live in Florida. I moved to Honolulu in the middle of this and did not update my profile. I was under the impression this may have delayed my order but it didn’t seem to effect it honestly.

I ordered my wife's Y long range (white ext, white seats) on 10/26. Filled out the profile and it prompted me to add any trade ins. I entered my wife's 2019 Jetta and was prompted through the additional info to complete order. Was given an estimated May delivery. In November it was bumped out to June. Disappointed but actually felt like it improved my chances of getting a TX's 4680 built Y.

In early March my estimated delivery jumped to late August to mid September. This happened about the same time I read that FSD orders were getting pushed forward ahead of existing non FSD orders. (extremely disappointing). I called Tesla to share my concern with the push on estimated delivery and the favoritism od FSD orders.

The customer service rep said that the fact I had a trade in the order system kept my profile from being completed. I asked her why would the system ask for trade info and why would it have given my an order number and a estimated delivery? Why didn't someone let me know it was an issue?

My question is reservation numbers mean anything? Is Tesla going to keep pushing us to the back of the line if we do not take FSD? My reservation # RN1159169XX. My hope is 4680 cell production is the real limiting factor and if it ramps up quickly that dates will move up. Any help is appreciated.

I ordered my wife's Y long range (white ext, white seats) on 10/26. Filled out the profile and it prompted me to add any trade ins. I entered my wife's 2019 Jetta and was prompted through the additional info to complete order. Was given an estimated May delivery. In November it was bumped out to June. Disappointed but actually felt like it improved my chances of getting a TX's 4680 built Y.

In early March my estimated delivery jumped to late August to mid September. This happened about the same time I read that FSD orders were getting pushed forward ahead of existing non FSD orders. (extremely disappointing). I called Tesla to share my concern with the push on estimated delivery and the favoritism od FSD orders.

The customer service rep said that the fact I had a trade in the order system kept my profile from being completed. I asked her why would the system ask for trade info and why would it have given my an order number and a estimated delivery? Why didn't someone let me know it was an issue?

My question is reservation numbers mean anything? Is Tesla going to keep pushing us to the back of the line if we do not take FSD? My reservation # RN1159169XX. My hope is 4680 cell production is the real limiting factor and if it ramps up quickly that dates will move up. Any help is appreciated.
Tesla doesn’t tell you this but, if you read the forums, it’s public knowledge here. Set your trade in to no trade in and payment method to cash. Both of these can and will expire and would need to be resubmitted. This will push back your EDD. By setting these to no trade in and cash, they will not expire.

Once you get a VIN, Tesla can reset both of these so you can submit trade in and financing

Reactions: Coolbreeze
Yeah...I think the open trade in on my account screwed me as well. I know someone that coincidently ordered the exact same car (except his had a tow hitch) as me on the same day as me. He received his back in mid February and I am sitting with a May EDD. We had the same exact February EDD window as well. However, when he was assigned a VIN my trade in expired the day or 2 before, and that same day my EDD got pushed back a month. I am thinking they were going to assign me a VIN and it didn't go through because of this and I got pushed back to the next batch of deliveries.

Ok guys I'm back haha.
SOOO I actually got to schedule delivery last night, and put my down payment in, all the things. I scheduled for March 30 from 8AM- 12PM. I Got a call from Tesla on my way to a photoshoot this morning and they said the car was at the delivery center and ready for pickup. Of course I'm working all day today, so they'll be doing a home delivery tomorrow morning. Everything is all confirmed.

Yeah...I think the open trade in on my account screwed me as well. I know someone that coincidently ordered the exact same car (except his had a tow hitch) as me on the same day as me. He received his back in mid February and I am sitting with a May EDD. We had the same exact February EDD window as well. However, when he was assigned a VIN my trade in expired the day or 2 before, and that same day my EDD got pushed back a month. I am thinking they were going to assign me a VIN and it didn't go through because of this and I got pushed back to the next batch of deliveries.
I have the same config as you. My EDD is april 17- may 22. Has been pushed out from jan to feb to march and now April.
Od 9/23. So I think you are on track and fitting the timeline. I am here in WA tho.

Ok guys I'm back haha.
SOOO I actually got to schedule delivery last night, and put my down payment in, all the things. I scheduled for March 30 from 8AM- 12PM. I Got a call from Tesla on my way to a photoshoot this morning and they said the car was at the delivery center and ready for pickup. Of course I'm working all day today, so they'll be doing a home delivery tomorrow morning. Everything is all confirmed.
'bout damn time!! Congratulations!

Reactions: Jd2pictures
Finally out of June jail! only to get updated to July 23 - Aug 20! 🤬

MYLR, White/Black, 19", 7-seater, No FSD, No tow
Las Vegas
OD:9/30/21
EDD1: April
EDD2: June
EDD3: 9 Dec - 23 Dec
EDD4: June
EDD5: Feb 20 -Mar 20
EDD6: June 23 - July 21
EDD7: Feb 18 - Mar 18
EDD8: Feb 12 - Feb 25
EDD9: Feb 19 - Mar 5
EDD10: June
EDD11 (current): July 23 - Aug 20

I have no words. Pushed out to Sep 9 - Nov 4. WTFFFFFF

Las Vegas
EDD11: July 23 - Aug 20
EDD12 (current): Sep 9 -Nov 4

Las Vegas
Goodness. A year wait for the Y. I have a 1st day order Cybertruck on order and very used to being at peace with the wait.

The FSD preference in order positioning bothers me. Is there a thread to get better understanding of how Tesla is setting up the order system with FSD and non FSD orders?

Las Vegas
Do you have financing or Trade in?😗

Where did you get your wheel/tire set? I did not enjoy my Tesla with the 19" stock tires in my MYLR. During heavier snow fall I used our other car (Lexus SUV). I am planning to change over to 18"this summer. Did your range go down? Does you odometer overestimate the miles driven and hence speed?
$600 on Craigslist. Honestly, I was just looking for 18" wheels that fit. These came with 235/50r18 (vs OEM 255/45r19), and are 2.7% too small. (the Ford hubs are also 70.4mm bore, so care must be taken when mounting). I will replace with 235/55r18 Blizzak DM-V2 or X-ICE SUV when they wear out. I'm heading on a 900 mile trip for the 3rd weekend in a row, so that will happen pretty fast.

I used a GPS (OsmAnd app) to check the speedo, and it looks like speedo reads about 4% low right now (maybe it was >1% low from the factory).

Not sure about range, as I only drove 9 miles on the OEMs before removing them. I assume that Blizzaks will definitely hurt range! I've heard by maybe 10%-ish. The car claims that it got 329 Wh/mi. over 2700 miles, with 1800 miles of that on the freeway at about 77mph. I'm running "stock" PSI because I want the traction more than the range. That's probably equivalent to 339 Wh/Mi, factoring the incorrect tire size. Perhaps all-season 18" would get about 300 Wh/Mi over that distance at stock PSI.

I've heard that tread/pressure make the biggest difference, then tire width, then wheel aero is third.

Last edited:
I ordered your exact car with a hitch on 9/30 and I still have a month to wait for it.

At one point I had dates of 3/22-3/31, then my trade in expired and I updated it that same day, BOOM 4/25-5/23.

I'm removing my trade in now after hearing this and it not looking like I will be getting it any time soon.

A little background:

Aloha, I've got a 10/26 OD on Oahu.

Where are you getting the XPEL stealth and what's the estimate?

Finally 182 days to OC and 190 days to PC -- I have a car.

Thanks to everyone on this forum. it has been a long wait.

I got lucky - you can see in my signature what I ordered. I diligently used to call Tesla's local delivery center and ask if they have any other variant I will be interested in. I was given an option to move to Black/19"/7 seater/Tow - the best part was I paid delta price from September. I said yes to that on Fri 3/25 - mapped to VIN immediately and have a delivery today.
After the VIN assignment SMS contact was great. Delivery was flawless - I can't find anything uneven. Looking forward to a great driving experience and still thinking of a name.

Again thanks for all your support here and wishing you all the best.

Attachments

• Tesla_front.jpeg
    Tesla_front.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 45
  • Tesla_back.jpeg
    Tesla_back.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 45