Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never. Here's why: First, just because they are bad at it doesn't mean they aren't interested in it. Purely from a priority perspective when a company is firmly in hypergrowth mode for multiple years running, they're reasonably more focused on production and quality. Which blends into reason 2, which is what happens after people get their cars. Activity on here and completing the Teslike tracker falls off a cliff, because people end up very happy with their cars. Just like yelp, you will continue to hear from pissers and moaners but the overwhelming majority of people don't come back to say "it's worth the wait". Some people stick around, some of us come back when we order another car, but most happily disappear.
I agree with both points, but you have to admit that Tesla has the worst customer care for those awaiting their order. I use to sell private jets and I am not expecting that level of “red carpet” being rolled out, but I do expect more than what I have experienced. Yes the MY will be “worth the wait”, but I won’t forget the lottery like process I went through to get it.

Reactions: c77m and bob00
It looks like it. I emailed my SA. When he confirms I will update y’all.
I don’t think we will know for sure for a few weeks, until after the cars in the pipeline are all delivered and newly manufactured cars start to leave the factory. Too be honest, not sure at what point they put it in car. Is a chance they do this at the DC. Then, would expect it sooner.

I find it hard to see how they would still add it on new orders. Have a guy walk down the line with a stack of chargers and clipboard, charger here, charger here, no charger, charger here.

When they add a new item to the car, wipers or whatever, they don’t add it only to new orders. Why should removing an item be different

I don’t think we will know for sure for a few weeks, until after the cars in the pipeline are all delivered and newly manufactured cars start to leave the factory. Too be honest, not sure at what point they put it in car. Is a chance they do this at the DC. Then, would expect it sooner.

I find it hard to see how they would still add it on new orders. Have a guy walk down the line with a stack of chargers and clipboard, charger here, charger here, no charger, charger here.

When they add a new item to the car, wipers or whatever, they don’t add it only to new orders. Why should removing an item be different
My EDD hasn't moved for a month and a half:eek:

Reactions: Jdizzl11

My guess is that they would add it at the delivery center during prep, not at the factory.

How long is the wait for an M4 and does it come with a mobile charger? Not familiar with that EV.
It’s not an EV. It’s a BMW M4. The EV niche is cool but my experience with Tesla has left a bad taste. SAs keep feeding customers false hope information. EDD algorithm is completely misleading. I’d rather wait 5-6 years for the EV market to mature a bit more and other competitors to catch up to Tesla .

Reactions: nick_p
It’s not an EV. It’s a BMW M4. The EV niche is cool but my experience with Tesla has left a bad taste. SAs keep feeding customers false hope information. EDD algorithm is completely misleading. I’d rather wait 5-6 years for the EV market to mature a bit more and other competitors to catch up to Tesla .
Gotcha....for some reason I was thinking EV. Lol

Is the M4 the BMW that is basically the same size/class as the Model Y?

For me and my family of 6, even though they are small seats, I really need a 7-seat option for the Model Y LR. I really do wish there was a good affordable all electric 6 or 7 seat option on the market but there isn't yet. My guess is that the VW group (which includes Audi) will be the first to offer one with the ID 6 if it ever comes out here in the US (China only model). If I was pushing the order button on a Model Y today and didn't have September pricing, then it would be slightly out of my budget as it is. My experience from not only the EDD game but especially with the FSD and EOQ games really left a bad taste in my mouth as well. Will it be worth it in the end? At this point, I'm not really out anything other than patience and time.

@last2ndshot and @Curious Nomad

We're all in Vegas. Did your EDD change today also? Mine was April 16-April 30, and today it changed to May 12-June 16th. :(

If I read your previous posts correctly, you're both getting MYLR with black interiors and Gemini wheels, right? 2ndShot is getting a 7-seater and Nomad a 5-seater. My wife's is a MYLR with a white interior. So at least we aren't competing for the same cars. I wish we hadn't sold my wife's Model S back in September, it would probably be worth more now, even with 5000 more miles.

They've given VINs to people with identical builds as ours, but they were all east coast. Very bummed.
I've been stuck on Sep 9 - Nov 4 for like 4 weeks. I'm losing hope of any EDD changes now. At this point, I'm not even tracking it daily anymore.

At this point I don't care about EDD. I learned how to live without a car. My only concern is that Tesla might find a trick to cancel our September orders. There is not really any other compelling alternative to Tesla (electric). I really don't want to drive/own a gasoline car.

The only EV car that I found that is good enough is the VW ID4.
Fisker and other EVs are as expensive if not more than a Tesla