Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well even though I was scheduled to have the Y built yesterday, there was no VIN and the curse continues. I enter my latest two-week window tomorrow. Like Biggie said "It was all a dream". Fully expecting some huge push back like the last one and I am feeling a bit stupid for thinking that this time and all the assurances were true and it was going to turn out differently. Gonna take a break...
Darn that sucks. I am sorry to hear that! This is really all starting to feel like an empty promise. Hopefully you get some good news soon. You deserve it for sure!

Reactions: bob00
Just went into my Tesla gallery as they opened a new location closer to my house. Asked them about my TBD order and expressed frustration about getting kicked in the queue. They said that there were a number of orders that lost delivery dates while the system is updating. They looked in to my order and said it is set to be built at the end of the month. Who knows how valid it is but they Atleast said if nothing updates in two weeks come back by.

Wondering if June jail = TBD and if it is a holding bucket.

Just went into my Tesla gallery as they opened a new location closer to my house. Asked them about my TBD order and expressed frustration about getting kicked in the queue. They said that there were a number of orders that lost delivery dates while the system is updating. They looked in to my order and said it is set to be built at the end of the month. Who knows how valid it is but they Atleast said if nothing updates in two weeks come back by.

Wondering if June jail = TBD and if it is a holding bucket.
Good to know I was booted because of an update🙄

Meanwhile does that mean other people will get VINS because we are supposedly not in line.

Not sure exactly when it happened b/c it's been a few weeks since I checked, but some time after I entered my delivery window I was also pushed back a full month. :( Coincidentally, a month is also how long it's been since I texted my SA a question and have yet to hear back. I'm in Texas so I'm not sure if the people at my local gallery can actually tell me anything about my order.

Now May 13 - May 27.

Good to know I was booted because of an update🙄

Meanwhile does that mean other people will get VINS because we are supposedly not in line.
Not sure, there still hasn’t been a lot of VINs. I think I maybe saw one today. It just felt good to be talking to a live person, it’s much harder to be dismissed like the phone reps can do. It was also nice that the person went and spoke with their manager as well. I take it all with a grain of salt as I have had so much smoke blown up my rear. The guy seems shocked when I told him my order date as if he is used to people with more recent OD asking and probably tells most to be patient.

Reactions: Jdizzl11
So for whatever it's worth.... I just got off the phone with Tesla and they confirmed that June was indeed a place holder and that I should be getting a VIN soon.

They said that the bump happend to a lot of people yesterday and that they are building cars by order date not EDD date. So we will see.........

On a side note, this was the first person I have ever talked to at Tesla that was nice and actually sounded like they liked their job.

So for whatever it's worth.... I just got off the phone with Tesla and they confirmed that June was indeed a place holder and that I should be getting a VIN soon.

They said that the bump happend to a lot of people yesterday and that they are building cars by order date not EDD date. So we will see.........

On a side note, this was the first person I have ever talked to at Tesla that was nice and actually sounded like they liked their job.
What number you call?

Well, if it’s by Order date, why does mine Look like it’s coming after yours?

That said. I got a decision to make. Illinois starts a $4k EV incentive July 1. My EDD is May 16 - June 13. If my EDD holds, do I want until after July 1 to take possession or just finally get my MY?

Well, if it’s by Order date, why does mine Look like it’s coming after yours?

That said. I got a decision to make. Illinois starts a $4k EV incentive July 1. My EDD is May 16 - June 13. If my EDD holds, do I want until after July 1 to take possession or just finally get my MY?
Is Tesla still allowing to keep passing on vehicles? Last I heard you can pass once and after that they cancel.

But that's 100% second hand rumors

Not to add to your anxiety, but try calling again & see if the new person will give you the same info. 🤪

Good intel, hopefully we get VINs soon and this drama is behind us. The Tesla guy at the store said try not to let it get to you and don’t think about it too much. I am like bro I have been waiting for my car forever and I need it ASAP!

Reactions: Jdizzl11