Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my VIN as well!!! Literally in the past hr or so. XXXF419. That seems like a earlier VIN #. Could it be from someone that refused delivery?
OD 9/7 Changed to blue and white on 3/27 EDD was 6/11-7/23. Currently 5/10-5/14
I received same VIN a couple weeks ago and am awaiting my MSM MYLR being trucked East - for what it’s worth, my sales advisor said it was a brand new build (4/13 build date) and had latest updates. I still wanna see the build date on front door threshold sticker. Let me know if you get any reassurances from your sales team.

Reactions: HotIce13
You do not. You can bring in a certified check at the delivery if you want. Presumably your loan is in place and the only payment is the down, correct? If you are worried that you might reject the car, hold on to the down payment. If you are willing to roll the dice a little on that, getting it done through a bank transfer, which can take a couple of days, will save you steps at the Delivery center.

I would definitely finalize the loan at least a few days prior if you haven't done so.

I had an external loan, and got that paperwork in place first. Then did an ACH transfer to Tesla from my checking account for the rest.
THanks...correct, the loan is set up through tesla and the payment is the down payment. Considering I have to rent a car and drive 4 hours to pick it up, the Y would have to be in pretty bad shape for me to reject it. 🤞 That there are no issues with the car. So maybe I will just do a bank transfer for my down payment.

Reactions: DrGriz
Well, like many of you said, I entered my second date of my EDD and it all moved back 3 weeks.

Moved from 4/25-5/23 to 5/15-5/29.

Reduced to two weeks but another 3 weeks till I enter it again.

Jealous of all the VIN's flying around. (Especially October orders)
Same here I moved this morning from 4/25 - 5/23 to

5/11 - 5/25

In the mean time I will live vicariously through all of you (and a couple Tesla Youtubers)!
Both your EDDs moved into my EDD range, I am also MSM. Mine has been steady. Wonder if this means my EDD will shorten if we have another MSM batch in a few weeks. 🤞

THanks...correct, the loan is set up through tesla and the payment is the down payment. Considering I have to rent a car and drive 4 hours to pick it up, the Y would have to be in pretty bad shape for me to reject it. 🤞 That there are no issues with the car. So maybe I will just do a bank transfer for my down payment.
Reports of significant, rejectable issues on delivery seem to be pretty rare now.

Well, like many of you said, I entered my second date of my EDD and it all moved back 3 weeks.

Exactly same thing happened to me too, give or take a couple days on the dates. You’ll have a VIN in next couple days

Cool - you got the "good" push - essentially into a 2wk window close to the end of your prev 4wk window.
24hrs later mine moved slightly - closer by 3 days, range closed by a day.
Does appear to be shaping up into color batches.

Black -> blue -> msm -> white --> repeat. Not sure where red fits.

80CA97D8-8B28-4EB4-A9B6-F92E882D1805.jpeg
6A2E84E7-43A7-494C-8718-A0CC0401D082.jpeg

The pickup at macadam for those in Oregon was smooth. I do think they can’t send many cars there as the lot was empty except for my Y. (I showed up a day early for my appointment) I had one little imperfection on the rear door where a corner missed some paint. They agreed to get it resolved. It was smooth in and out. Good luck to all those still waiting. I hope yours come soon! Still came with a charging cable. Sounds like anyone that ordered after April of this year (2022)may not get one.

I was thinking about getting the protective coat but my car practically lives in a parking garage. I literally drive 2 miles a day to the gym and back.

I have an e bike and live downtown so I could totally sell my car now and survive. I just am so nervous with Tesla. I want to make sure I have an exact delivery date.

They said they would reach out once my car was closer to FL so I could schedule an actual pick up date. I think once I have that date I will sell.
I was thinking about getting the protective coat but my car practically lives in a parking garage. I literally drive 2 miles a day to the gym and back.

I have an e bike and live downtown so I could totally sell my car now and survive. I just am so nervous with Tesla. I want to make sure I have an exact delivery date.

They said they would reach out once my car was closer to FL so I could schedule an actual pick up date. I think once I have that date I will sell.
FWIW, local dealer gave me $1500 more than Carmax, $2800 more than Carvana. If your car’s in great shape, you might want to go to local dealer of your brand get an offer. I know everybody’s situation is different.

I'm still seeing EDD: "June 2022." Is there a regional pattern to any of the VIN assignments? I saw someone post from Boston who got a VIN recently. Anyone else in the area?

You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part

Would be nice if everyone getting VIN can put it on VIN finder website and then update the tracker. So this would give an idea on when the MYs are getting build.
Based on the inventory tracker it seems like most of the builds were around April 14-20 which makes sense as that's roughly when most of Sept-Oct orders had EDD pushed to placeholder dates.

View attachment 797687View attachment 797688

The pickup at macadam for those in Oregon was smooth. I do think they can’t send many cars there as the lot was empty except for my Y. (I showed up a day early for my appointment) I had one little imperfection on the rear door where a corner missed some paint. They agreed to get it resolved. It was smooth in and out. Good luck to all those still waiting. I hope yours come soon! Still came with a charging cable. Sounds like anyone that ordered after April of this year (2022)may not get one.
Awesome! She's looking sharp, and glad to know that Macadam is a good facility for the pickup. There will be at least two there soon with @Hunter6 and I likely on the same truck! Trying to finish up my financing as a lot has changed in 7 months and three weeks!

Reactions: Hunter6