Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received a text from Tesla asking if there is a trade in vehicle.
EDD still standing on 05/01-05/29 - Los Angeles
Good sign?
Yes, but I would just say no or be prepared to accept or reject the offer quickly. This trade-in text is a landmine and could result in getting your EDD pushed if you sit on the trade-in quote as it opens up your profile. When your profile is opened up, you are subject to risk of getting your EDD recalculated in a negative way.
Regarding financing through DCU. Do you need to be a member?
Yes, I think it is $10 to join through making a donation. You used to be able to get referrals from other members but they recently paused that. They do also offer memberships if you are employed through some preferred employers.
It looks like that rate is gone! Their website is showing 2.79 for 72 months now.
They are probably preparing for the next Fed rate hike which will happen next week. As soon as you get your VINs it is important to lock in those rates as they are 100% going to be going up between now and the end of next week by .5%-.75%.

Reactions: Silence88
has anyone just been progressively bumped back each month? I ordered in June 2021, on hold and released in jan. Original EDd when I released in jan 2022 was May (4-5months out). Over the past few months I have been bumped multiple times, now my EDD is august-October (still 4–5months out) it seems that my position in line just hasn’t changed at all and I’m being passed over or something. Is this happening to anyone else? Really frustrated as I could have gotten myself on a short list for a q4 etron Back in jan and probably been one of the first allocations at the dealership, but now the list has grown significantly.

Anyway just frustrated. And yes aware that EDd is an estimate and not a guarantee, etc etc, but again I was 4 months away 4 months ago, and I’m still 4 months away now
It sounds like something may be wrong with your profile. This could be caused by expired trade in or finance offer.

It is recommended that you set your trade in to no trade in and payment method to cash, as if either of these expire, it can make your EDD push out because your profile is not complete.

These can be changed once you get your VIN. Contact your SA or use Tesla chat to have them reset.

@Hunter6 and other Orygun VIN lottery winners...stopped by the Washington Square Showroom and asked if they could see where my ride was on its journey and they looked it up and saw it that it was at the service center already! Here's where it gets strange...the SA asked if I wanted to schedule my appointment and I said uh yeah, so he schedules me for this Friday. I walk out thinking that the last 1000 times I visited that store I went away thinking dang maybe next time and this time I walked out thinking I had a delivery scheduled. I carry on with my next errand and get a call from Mcaddam and they explained that the SA jumped the gun and that they had a big backlog of newly arrived vehicles that they are waiting on parts for. So, my guess is that they are adding on USB ports and or mud flaps or whatever and are just waiting to do that. He gave me the impression that we should be good to go next week, but wanted to share if you didn't see a delivery text...also this could be happening in other areas as well as they are trying to clear the manufacturing lines of backlog.
Just happened to me too! Was supposed to pick up this Friday and they just called me saying they have to push my delivery date a week or so. I need to learn to not get excited with Tesla until I am actually driving away in the car haha.

Makes no difference whatsoever. I received the text in January and am still waiting. I'm about to reach 100,000 mi on my trade in so I actually think they are waiting till I hit that number then they can give me less. I amaze myself with the different scenarios I come up with in my head about my shifting EDD.🥹🥹
Dang! Hopefully that’s not the case. I got a trade-in valuation in Feb and again last week once I got my VIN and surprisingly the valuation increased from the first one. Good luck!

It sounds like something may be wrong with your profile. This could be caused by expired trade in or finance offer.

It is recommended that you set your trade in to no trade in and payment method to cash, as if either of these expire, it can make your EDD push out because your profile is not complete.

These can be changed once you get your VIN. Contact your SA or use Tesla chat to have them reset.
I checked with my SA. everything is in order. cash, no trade-in. profile completed back in January. I was tempted to add FSD backwhen the "loophole" was open, but just couldn't justify spending 10k extra for unproven tech. that and the fact that I don't really even trust the blind spot monitor on our subaru, can't imagine trusting a car to drive itself haha

I have a VIN and EDD 05/10 - 5/14. Should I change from CASH to financing now to lock down rate? I am worried Tesla will increase rate in May.
I just finished my financing about an hour ago and noticed that the loan approval is good for 60 days and the interest rate is good for 30 days. Surely...with a VIN and an EDD that close, the interest rate will stick. Right? I hope. 😅

Reactions: BGOwner
Guys so it is official my friend has gone mia on me.
I applied with my bank and I am on hold with DCU. I applied but never got an email. So here I sit on hold for 51 minutes 🙄
If all else fails I will go to Tesla. I got approved last time with them so if I don't get approved with DCU then I will at least have a back up.

Thank goodness I went with my gut and my Dad taught me to always have a back up plan 🤦🏼‍♀️

Guys so it is official my friend has gone mia on me.
I applied with my bank and I am on hold with DCU. I applied but never got an email. So here I sit on hold for 51 minutes 🙄
If all else fails I will go to Tesla. I got approved last time with them so if I don't get approved with DCU then I will at least have a back up.

Thank goodness I went with my gut and my Dad taught me to always have a back up plan 🤦🏼‍♀️
I have a pre approval with DCU. If you need to get a hold of them call them at 8:00am EST and you get right through with little to no hold time. They have been the best and got a better rate than NFCU offered me and I've been a member for 15 years. DCU is very familiar on how to work with Tesla so they will make sure you get your car with no issues.

Reactions: Jdizzl11