Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome you should be good. You will just need to upload your MVPA doc to the portal via the link they send you and then there is a direct extension you will use to call back in and wrap up the process.
This is WAY BETTER!!! DCU has their *sugar* together! I uploaded all my documents and set up my checking account and was even able to link my FL bank account so I can make car payments!

I should have gone to them since day one and maybe still had a friend 🤣 Just kidding I can't be friends with someone associated with a bank that doesn't understand Tesla🤣🤣🤣

Guys thank you so much for all your help!!!!

Last edited:
Ordered 9/30 Just received a vin and delivery window of 5 days. Looks promising. For those thinking about trading in your vehicle, I share this recent experience with Tesla. I plugged in my info on the trade-in part of the app, a 2018 model 3 with 11k miles and still under full factory warranty. Tesla came back with a trade-in value of 34k. I just sold it privately for 48k with 3 back up buyers if the deal did not go through. Obviously, Tesla does not want their cars back. Autotrader produced the best result, in fact, more than I could handle by way of replies.

This is WAY BETTER!!! DCU has their *sugar* together! I uploaded all my documents and set up my checking account and was even able to link my FL bank account so I can make car payments!

I should have gone to them since day one and maybe still had a friend 🤣 Just kidding I can't be friends with someone associated with a bank that doesn't understand Tesla🤣🤣🤣

Guys thank you so much for all your help!!!!
Great news! Question for your DCU experience.. do they make you have a direct deposit of 100% of your salary to get the rate discount?

Do tell..... what are these you speak of?
They’re little hardware buttons you can put anywhere in the cabin. They can be mapped to perform pretty much any function with a single press (turn on cabin lights, windshield wipers, fold mirrors, adjust regen braking strength, etc.). I thought it’d be nice to add some in the back to give passengers access to their own heated seat.

I don’t know if it’s kosher to link it here, but it’s a quick Google :)

They’re little hardware buttons you can put anywhere in the cabin. They can be mapped to perform pretty much any function with a single press (turn on cabin lights, windshield wipers, fold mirrors, adjust regen braking strength, etc.). I thought it’d be nice to add some in the back to give passengers access to their own heated seat.

Wow that sounds cool!!! I will totally google!

Ok Injust googled and and I think I am buying some S3XY buttons tonight too! If you use the code DirtyTesla you get 10% off!

Reactions: OmbreCake
After a long wait i get to pick up my car tomorrow! I asked about the 1 year free trial of premium connectivity and the guy on the phone said he believed it is only 30 days now. I looked online and it says if you ordered before october 15th it is 1 year free trial, if after that date it is only 30 days. I chatted on the tesla site and he said that it should be 1 year because i ordered in september. Not sure where to go from here if it only has 30 day trial when i pick it up.

Finally received my VIN this weekend when I was out of town. Picking up car on Thursday after work. So I have been hearing mixed answers if the Y is coming with the mudflaps and PPF for in front of the rear wheel. I also read that some people but not everyone received a promo code if their car didnt have it installed.
Picked up my car in February in Schaumburg, IL. It was delivered to me with the mud flaps and PPF.

Did everyone see the article on Teslarati.com about White and MSM no longer available for 2022 model year? I think I chose the wrong color of MSM. Should had chose Black or Red! On another note, I dropped off my 2020 M3 for service today. Actually the service department dented BOTH sides replacing a couple of trim pieces that was losing its shine on the chrome. I see why they went with black trim. So they are attempting to rematch the red with the original color since they failed on the first attempt!! Anyways no loaners, so they offered me a Uber certificate, NO! or a rental. I chose the rental and got a 2021 Polestar 2 awd! Too bad the range is so low, I would say farewell to Tesla, their long reservation wait times and crappy service department in a heartbeat!! No wonder they keep pushing me farther and farther out for my MY! Dont get me wrong, I love my Teslas and a firm supporter of the brand! I am just getting really impatient and need a bigger car for my mastiffs! M3s arent cutting it!

Last edited:
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Did everyone see the article on Teslarati.com about White and MSM no longer available for 2022 model year? I think I chose the wrong color of MSM. Should had chose Black or Red! On another note, I dropped off my 2020 M3 for service today. Actually the service department dented BOTH sides replacing a couple of trim pieces that was losing its shine on the chrome. I see why they went with black trim. So they are attempting to rematch the red with the original color since they failed on the first attempt!! Anyways no loaners, so they offered me a Uber certificate, NO! or a rental. I chose the rental and got a 2021 Polestar 2 awd! Too bad the range is so low, I would say farewell to Tesla, their long reservation wait times and crappy service department in a heartbeat!! No wonder they keep pushing me farther and farther out for my MY!
So they aren't making any white or MSM ever again?

Great news! Question for your DCU experience.. do they make you have a direct deposit of 100% of your salary to get the rate discount?
That’s the official word but I am not sure how they audit you to determine if it’s the whole amount. I have read on Reddit that they have no way of tracking and haven’t heard any post of them pulling the promo rate.
I have no idea lol. I know I had to have a membership and my checking is free. I got an EV discount. Not sure what other discounts there are.
You get another .5% off of your rate if you get direct deposit into your DCU checking account. You may want to look into it.

Reactions: Lukeg5 and Jdizzl11