Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone in here sell a car via KBB (Instant cash to dealership) or Carvana? Have an offer from Carvana and getting an "inspection" Saturday from a dealership after applying for the KBB Instant Cash Offer. Wanted to see if anyone went through this process and if the values given were the same or close to what you received.
I got the best offer from local dealer. Gave me $1,000 more than Carmax, $1,500 more than Tesla, and $2,800 more than Carvana.

Reactions: Otter2007
Right? But with the inconsistencies all around, I wouldn't doubt it... just like how me and @aguzzi17 got that call from Mt. Kisco a couple weeks back and others didn't.

Wow, that is a lot of coordination on your end, as well as insurance start dates, finance closing dates etc.

Sure, give them a call and see if you can pull any other information out of them. You got a VIN 3 days before me, so shouldn't your car be there already..
That reminds me...need to call my insurance company lol.

Exactly, I got a VIN 3 days before you and your car is supposedly arriving this weekend and mine not until middle of next week? In addition to worrying about a delay, I could easily see my car showing up with yours this weekend and then being notified I have 3 days to pick it up, take it or leave it. Either arriving way early or a delay would be a pain in the arse.

Reactions: Lukeg5
Right? But with the inconsistencies all around, I wouldn't doubt it... just like how me and @aguzzi17 got that call from Mt. Kisco a couple weeks back and others didn't.

Wow, that is a lot of coordination on your end, as well as insurance start dates, finance closing dates etc.

Sure, give them a call and see if you can pull any other information out of them. You got a VIN 3 days before me, so shouldn't your car be there already..

So I called that number and he said that everything looks like it should be arriving on time and that I shouldn't have any delays with my 5/7 delivery. He mentioned there is some leeway so even if it got slightly delayed I should be ok...which makes sense has I had the option of taking delivery on the 5th. He didn't commit to an exact date it was arriving though...implied early to mid next week.

Apparently the car gets transported across country to NJ via train...train part usually has no delays. And since it doesn't need to go far from NJ to Mt. Kisco he doesn't expect any issues.

It's now my turn to say .. I GOT MY VIN.. but i dont know how to check when it's manufactured .. any idea how to find it? i read some other thread Tesla even sold someone who reject for a reason and return back to customer.. i would like to make sure mine is recently built.. here is my VIN

7SAYGDEE3NF434XXX

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220429-082637_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220429-082637_Samsung Internet.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 93
friends.. i need some suggestion.. i am in a situation where i am going to out of country when my delivery is currently scheduled.. i am going to see my family after 3+ years.. i may give up this VIN and put my reservation on HOLD and lift the HOLD in mid of june. will i be pushed to current waiting list ? or get new VIN within few weeks.. please share your suggestion..

Anyone in here sell a car via KBB (Instant cash to dealership) or Carvana? Have an offer from Carvana and getting an "inspection" Saturday from a dealership after applying for the KBB Instant Cash Offer. Wanted to see if anyone went through this process and if the values given were the same or close to what you received.

I have sold through Carvana before...was very easy and simple process. I plan on doing the same with my current car.

Out of curiosity I did the KBB Instant Cash offer yesterday. Was a little higher than the Carvana offer. A Volvo dealership reached out to me and I just brought it in for an inspection. After which, he said because of some rust on the roof (11 year old car, otherwise car is in great shape) they couldn't do the full KBB Instant cash offer. His offer was about $4k less...which was even less than Teslas trade in offer.

I am not going to bother going around to any of the other dealerships...the price difference between Carvana and KBB Instant cash isn't big enough to deal with that hassle. Plus I got the feeling they only really want you to come into the dealership and aren't really interested in giving you full value KBB instant cash offer.

He tried to scare me away from using Carvana...says they won't honor the offer and will change it...blah, blah, blah. Maybe true but the dealership that I bought my wife's car from tried the same scare tatics and we sold her car via Carvana and it couldn't have been easier. Got about $4k more than what that dealership was offering for a trade in. I also know other people that used Carvana and were very satisfied with the experience like I was.

Reactions: Paintball22
So I called that number and he said that everything looks like it should be arriving on time and that I shouldn't have any delays with my 5/7 delivery. He mentioned there is some leeway so even if it got slightly delayed I should be ok...which makes sense has I had the option of taking delivery on the 5th. He didn't commit to an exact date it was arriving though...implied early to mid next week.

Apparently the car gets transported across country to NJ via train...train part usually has no delays. And since it doesn't need to go far from NJ to Mt. Kisco he doesn't expect any issues.
This is great info, thanks! Sounds like you'll catch that Yankee game with your son!

re: the leeway, maybe it is arriving this weekend then? I'm going to message my original contact person when I ordered who works at Mt. Kisco, see what else I can find out.

Reactions: cusetownusa
This is great info, thanks! Sounds like you'll catch that Yankee game with your son!

re: the leeway, maybe it is arriving this weekend then? I'm going to message my original contact person when I ordered who works at Mt. Kisco, see what else I can find out.
If you hear anything new please pass it along. Also, update us when you finally get a text to schedule a delivery date. Still surprised you haven't received one with sounds like you could be getting your car next week.

Reactions: Lukeg5
It's now my turn to say .. I GOT MY VIN.. but i dont know how to check when it's manufactured .. any idea how to find it? i read some other thread Tesla even sold someone who reject for a reason and return back to customer.. i would like to make sure mine is recently built.. here is my VIN

7SAYGDEE3NF434XXX
Well mine is NF426XXX and I was told 04/20 as the date, so your has to be recent and cannot be a reject. You can call up your advisor or DC if you need to know the manufacturing date before delivery.

friends.. i need some suggestion.. i am in a situation where i am going to out of country when my delivery is currently scheduled.. i am going to see my family after 3+ years.. i may give up this VIN and put my reservation on HOLD and lift the HOLD in mid of june. will i be pushed to current waiting list ? or get new VIN within few weeks.. please share your suggestion..
From what I was told, since you were already assigned a VIN this would be your first VIN rejection and you cannot reject the second otherwise your order gets cancelled. Also, with such high demand, they are getting strict on putting order on hold. If this would be your first hold, you might be good, but I would suggest getting it in writing from Tesla. I know of an instance where a friends MYLR7 order was cancelled because he put it on hold the second time for travel. (Earlier this year they started sending emails to folks who had put orders on hold to remove it or order would be cancelled automatically).

That is less than 2 week window. You will deff receive VIN in few days for sure. I say this because lots of people who had window less than 2 weeks did receive their VIN. What is your build btw?
My "build" is a MY-LR5 with blue exterior as the only option (i.e., Blk interior, no tow, no FSD, std. 19 wheels, etc.). My order date and profile completed on was 9/30/21 with no holds.

Reactions: Hardik2302