Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my VIN on 4/25. Today I was told via text message with the local sales team “Your vehicle currently has a part hold, this part will take approximately 2-3 weeks to arrive.” Bummer. I was hoping it would arrive this weekend.

OD 9/20/21. VIN 4/5/22.
Yikes! I got a VIN on 4/25 as well and have not received that message. My EDD is May 8 - May 14. What was your EDD?

Hmmm. Starting to become concerned...have an OD of 9/18 with a EDD of last half of May. Seeing many happy posts the last week of VIN receipt, and almost all have an OD later in Sept than mine. Could a tow hitch be slowing the show down that much? With extra $$ for MSM (back then), and 20s and hitch I should think I would be in the game for a VIN myself, but no. Went to the Tesla showroom close by yesterday, all they could say was profile was fine. Am in South Florida, which I would assume would be getting deliveries Apr/May. Alexa tells me today is my 223rd day since
Hmmm. Starting to become concerned...have an OD of 9/18 with a EDD of last half of May. Seeing many happy posts the last week of VIN receipt, and almost all have an OD later in Sept than mine. Could a tow hitch be slowing the show down that much? With extra $$ for MSM (back then), and 20s and hitch I should think I would be in the game for a VIN myself, but no. Went to the Tesla showroom close by yesterday, all they could say was profile was fine. Am in South Florida, which I would assume would be getting deliveries Apr/May. Alexa tells me today is my 223rd day since order....
I have a similar config and OD/EDD. I guess sept OD MSMs are lined up for May delivery .

MYLR MSM/white interior/20 inch/ No tow/ no FSD/ OD:9/7/21/ EDD: 5/12-6/9

Last edited:
Reactions: Stumpie
I got my VIN on 4/25. Today I was told via text message with the local sales team “Your vehicle currently has a part hold, this part will take approximately 2-3 weeks to arrive.” Bummer. I was hoping it would arrive this weekend.

OD 9/20/21. VIN 4/5/22.
Also VIN on 25th.....also with part missing.....no call yet with update on delivery.

I think it's the color!! I am MSM as well with an order date of 9/13. But my EDD is fracking sept-oct! Sooooo annoying. I think this site would make me feel better. Just more annoyed now!

True that!
Wonder if there's a weird geographical thing going on...ie, more East Coast first half of quarter etc....their scheduling system at times appears randomly random..............

OD 9/20/21. VIN 4/5/22.
My MYLR arrived on Thursday for a Friday pickup, but on Thursday afternoon I was told that it is missing a part. Now I have a 4 day delivery window that keeps sliding one day each day.

Lol just got a call from Mt Kisco that my delivery will need to be pushed (probably due to that missing part) so wont get the car until at least the week of the 16th. Guess I got excited too soon.
That’s not good.

What was your delivery day supposed to be? What is your 1st 3 numbers of the VIN? Also, what is your buildout?

I’m supposed to pick up at Mt Kisco 5/7 and just made all of my arrangements. Nervous that I will get the same call. You would think they would have known this information when the VIN got assigned.

That’s not good.

What was your delivery day supposed to be? What is your 1st 3 numbers of the VIN? Also, what is your buildout?

I’m supposed to pick up at Mt Kisco 5/7 and just made all of my arrangements. Nervous that I will get the same call. You would think they would have known this information when the VIN got assigned.
It was supposed to be May 6th. Blue MYLR 20” wheels black interior no hitch or FSD. 7SA

Guys!! My EDD changed again— July 7th- August 18th. Was June 3rd-July 8th. This is the most torturous and extremely frustrating thing to endure- as we all know! Lol
Order date - 9/17. 😩
This is what "drove" me to buy a Hyundai Ioniq 5.
I kept watching my local dealer's website and finally found the color combo I wanted
and website said "in transit", expected April 5. I know from the past that most of the cars in transit are sold
well before arriving at the dealership. So I called to ask if the one I wanted was still available
and was told yes, so I went down the same day and placed my deposit. I was told it would probably
arrive before April 5, but a 10 day wait was very acceptable to me. I received a call 4 days after placing
my deposit to let me know my car is ready for pickup. Yes - I had to pay a "market adjustment" of $3,500,
but I knew I would receive a car which I didn't have to inspect for misaligned panels, trim, paint, etc.
And it lived up to the Hyundai quality I was expecting - a fast inspection and away I went.

My EDD kept changing like all of you, and it got me fed up. I ordered 12/19 and my EDD varied from
May to August. And if and when the car finally arrived, I couldn't be certain I would accept delivery due
to the usual delivery problems many have experienced. So who knows how long I would have had to wait
for a replacement. I lost interest due to the uncertainty and bought the I5 on March 30.

There are many differences between the Y and the I5 but not enough to make me regret my decision.
I bought the mid-grade SEL version without the glass roof, which is perfect here in south FL, as my 2021 Y
got quite hot down here. Do not miss it.

Hyundai offers a much longer warranty on both the car and the battery (10 years, 100k mi.)
If you are also tired of the wait, I suggest you test drive either the I5 or the Kia EV6 (same platform), different style.
These are in short supply, and not available for sale in many states as of now.

OMG just got a VIN!
oh-my-god-its-happening.gif