Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cross posting from WA thread:
My vehicle is at the local delivery center, however, it’s missing the charging port part. I asked my SA what will happen if they are unable to deliver the car in the next 20-25 days since I already made the down payment and locked in the apr.

This is what my SA said to the question I posted above:

“I would like to believe that your vehicle should be ready by then. Your credit expires on 6/4/2022 so if it does lapse pass that then we will need to reapply.

Cross posting from WA thread:
My vehicle is at the local delivery center, however, it’s missing the charging port part. I asked my SA what will happen if they are unable to deliver the car in the next 20-25 days since I already made the down payment and locked in the apr.

This is what my SA said to the question I posted above:

“I would like to believe that your vehicle should be ready by then. Your credit expires on 6/4/2022 so if it does lapse pass that then we will need to reapply.
Ugh. I just noticed Tesla financing is at 3.24% now. Interest rate locks in for 30 days after approval, but the approval itself is good for 90.

Reactions: gaurilla
Ugh. I just noticed Tesla financing is at 3.24% now. Interest rate locks in for 30 days after approval, but the approval itself is good for 90.
Check DCU may still be able to get 1.99 for 65 months.

@Jdizzl11 More time to buy accessories haha!
I just got the text!!!!!!!

May 16th at 10am!!! (I don't know why it is so far away but I will take it!!!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jdizzl11
Anyone get that part we are waiting for yet? I'm still on hold for it.
Nope. After following up with them, received this text back "We apologize for the delay and we unfortunately do not have an ETA quite yet. Rest assured we will get you this car as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience!"

I am surprised that your VIN NF429 is on hold. I was under the impression that only few care within NF423-NF426 were on hold. Is your NF428 on hold too or is that ready to be delivered?

Nope. After following up with them, received this text back "We apologize for the delay and we unfortunately do not have an ETA quite yet. Rest assured we will get you this car as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience!"

I am surprised that your VIN NF429 is on hold. I was under the impression that only few care within NF423-NF426 were on hold. Is your NF428 on hold too or is that ready to be delivered?
Still in route to Kisco.

Not as per my SA tho. He said after 6/4, ill have to rerun.
Let’s hope it doesn’t come down to that.
I saw that in the documentation I read when I was applying for financing with Tesla, but who knows. These delays are such a pain. I had to update my trade in odometer yesterday they offered $100 more. Now the lending agreement numbers are off. So many people praise Tesla’s streamlined online buying model, and it does have its advantages, but in my experience it’s been more inconvenient instead of less. Because timeline ambiguities.

Guys..... now that I have a scheduled day, do you think it could come earlier?
I was originally told it will come on Thursday but my appointment days were 16, 17, 18.
I was also told that I will get the text once the care is closer to FL. Why would I get the text today but my appointment days aren't until next week.

I think I am going to call tomorrow 🤣

I saw that in the documentation I read when I was applying for financing with Tesla, but who knows. These delays are such a pain. I had to update my trade in odometer yesterday they offered $100 more. Now the lending agreement numbers are off. So many people praise Tesla’s streamlined online buying model, and it does have its advantages, but in my experience it’s been more inconvenient instead of less. Because timeline ambiguities.
I was switched from no trade in to trade in on Friday and submitted it. How long does it usually take and where do I see it? So far, just tried by looking at my MVPA.

Guys..... now that I have a scheduled day, do you think it could come earlier?
I was originally told it will come on Thursday but my appointment days were 16, 17, 18.
I was also told that I will get the text once the care is closer to FL. Why would I get the text today but my appointment days aren't until next week.

I think I am going to call tomorrow 🤣
Are you getting texts from a 510 number? You can just reply to that text as well and I think it gets routed to a local delivery center person.

Are you getting texts from a 510 number? You can just reply to that text as well and I think it gets routed to a local delivery center person.
Thanks!

I re read the text and it does say that they may reach out to reschedule if my Y arrives earlier.

My SA is the one that told me that when I get the text it could possibly already be there.

I just emailed her to let her know I WFH and if it shows up earlier I can pick it up any day!

Who knows ..... maybe I will get a call tomorrow asking if I can come get my baby!

I was switched from no trade in to trade in on Friday and submitted it. How long does it usually take and where do I see it? So far, just tried by looking at my MVPA.
I don't know about after getting a VIN but i got a quote from Tesla twice. Once, when i initially ordered and was completing my profile, it took a couple of days. I saw the trade in offer and removed the trade in as per my SA's advice. Second time, i did a trade in quote when Tesla sent me the Trade in text about a month before i got the VIN, this time it took less than 2 hours, i declined their offer and it went off my profile. Both times i got an email that my offer from Tesla was ready and it was there when i opened my app. Hope that helps.

Reactions: BGOwner
You should get an email indicating that you have an offer on your trade once they’ve assessed it. You’ll have to go to the web page and accept the offer, then they add it to your finance section.

Reactions: BGOwner