Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered MY 9/21 black paint with black wheels and still nothing this is ridiculous! EDD keeps getting pushed, first it was March then April then June then July and then back to June and then today July 13-aug 24. So frustrating
I wonder if there is something about Black/Induction wheels. High demand? There's a guy on YouTube (Myks Garage) with this config and it's been pushed back since August. Super frustrating. I'd think those batches from the factory would be bigger. That said, Jd2pictures (Tessi Vybz on YT) order his on 9/21 and took delivery on March 30. Other than geography, I see no rhyme or reason. Other than, it appears that Tesla skews deliveries toward West coast closer to end of quarter, and toward the East coast earlier in the quarter. I'm hoping you get your VIN soon! It's time to close off on September orders.

I wonder if there is something about Black/Induction wheels. High demand? There's a guy on YouTube (Myks Garage) with this config and it's been pushed back since August. Super frustrating. I'd think those batches from the factory would be bigger. That said, Jd2pictures (Tessi Vybz on YT) order his on 9/21 and took delivery on March 30. Other than geography, I see no rhyme or reason. Other than, it appears that Tesla skews deliveries toward West coast closer to end of quarter, and toward the East coast earlier in the quarter. I'm hoping you get your VIN soon! It's time to close off on September orders.
Really? I think the opposite, I'm seeing a lot of 20 inch wheels being delivered right now. Less 19s even though there are, seems like 20 inch are being delivered the most in the Sept - Nov since I have been tracking hence my EDD or why I don't see rejects with 19 inch wheels, most are 20s.

Really? I think the opposite, I'm seeing a lot of 20 inch wheels being delivered right now. Less 19s even though there are, seems like 20 inch are being delivered the most in the Sept - Nov since I have been tracking hence my EDD or why I don't see rejects with 19 inch wheels, most are 20s.
Maybe it's the color combo? I have no idea. I know Black is one of the more common colors. It's hard to impossible to predict. All we have is conjecture based on patterns and The Algorithm. Yb123 and Jd2pictures had very similar orders and Jd was delivered on time (original March estimate).

The more I drive this car, the more I absolutely LOVE it. CR says it’s a stiff ride, but I don’t see that at all. User interface has changed since I rented last fall and it’s better, more intuitive. If you’ve not driven one, get used to one pedal driving. With ICE cars, I was a “coaster.” You simply can’t do that because of regenerative braking. Keeping your foot lightly on the accelerator until you need to brake then VERY lightly backing off seems to work best for me. Would suggest putting brake pedal setting on “Creep” or “Roll” until you get used to it. “Hold” setting maximizes the regen for more miles on a charge, but to me it makes the braking more severe.
Hope everyone gets theirs soon. It IS worth the wait!

The more I drive this car, the more I absolutely LOVE it. CR says it’s a stiff ride, but I don’t see that at all. User interface has changed since I rented last fall and it’s better, more intuitive. If you’ve not driven one, get used to one pedal driving. With ICE cars, I was a “coaster.” You simply can’t do that because of regenerative braking. Keeping your foot lightly on the accelerator until you need to brake then VERY lightly backing off seems to work best for me. Would suggest putting brake pedal setting on “Creep” or “Roll” until you get used to it. “Hold” setting maximizes the regen for more miles on a charge, but to me it makes the braking more severe.
We had exactly the same OD and similar build - supposed to be taking delivery in a couple hours so almost the same delivery date.
Hope yours treats you well, looking forward to it.
(been watching the phone all day - this time I don't want it to ring or see any messages lol)

Reactions: Bookman
So my little guy (5 year old boy) absolutely loves his new "fort" (aka third row) and was happy as a clam back there. I put him in the right side with the smaller part of the split and I could hear him back there on his tablet but couldn't see him lol. I had to focus the fart noise to the back and then he peeked over laughing...:p
You using a booster back there? How is that working?

Reactions: Antonius138
Thanks for the quick review! I'm a coaster, too, so I know there will be an adjustment. My test drive was...less than smooth :)

DC called today and I'm picking up in 40 minutes. The wait is over!