Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This looks good. I might pick one up. Hopefully no stain or dye transfer. I’ll be ceramic coating my seats tho.
I wouldn't get that one if you have white seats. It has an X on the bottom and has rubber that could melt onto your seats in the heat. This is what I am going with https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXQJWR...ndefined&crid=335TBL77W0X1&sprefix=lusso&th=1.

It has a white bottom which is better for minimizing the risk of dye transfer.
1652218779633.png

Reactions: PenPens
I wouldn't get that one if you have white seats. It has an X on the bottom and has rubber that could melt onto your seats in the heat. This is what I am going with https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXQJWR...ndefined&crid=335TBL77W0X1&sprefix=lusso&th=1.

It has a white bottom which is better for minimizing the risk of dye transfer.
View attachment 802704
Thanks. I saw that but didn’t like how it looked. The one Antonius posted looks good but you could be right about melting in the heat.
I guess I’ll go back to my back up plan and use a small white towel to keep it seamless and minimal.

Reactions: Antonius138
Thanks. I saw that but didn’t like how it looked. The one Antonius posted looks good but you could be right about melting in the heat.
I guess I’ll go back to my back up plan and use a small white towel to keep it seamless and minimal.
Yeah it was a struggle finding something that made me feel comfortable going on the white seats. I wish they made these for the back, but may even get them for the front for long road trips and when wearing jeans. https://www.amazon.com/EVNV-Tesla-M...aWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl&th=1

Thank you September group for helping make this 223 day wait WAY more bearable and sometimes fun.
Took delivery this afternoon - car was 99.9% perfect - couple of smudges which the delivery assistants dealt with right away - overall the car was in immaculate condition. Delivery staff were super nice, no rush👍

Thoughts about the car...
- cabin's quieter and more comfortable than I thought
- for a compact SUV handles pretty well
- screen is beautiful
- color is beautiful
- overall a really nice car, I like it! (my teens like it too so this is going to be interesting )

Thoughts about the process...
- GREAT: all the people that I've met so far have been nice, helpful and efficient
- GOOD: my original EDD flipped from March to April the evening I ordered - got VIN'd on April 28th and got it today so I'd say the original EDD was pretty accurate
- TERRIBLE: the app/EDD updates ruined what could have been a really good experience - everything would have been 10,000 times better had I never known what an EDD was and spared myself the futile, crazy, infuriating 211 day ride until getting my VIN.
Tesla, if you're listening - keep the initial estimate and save the next contact until it's time to schedule delivery until you've got this 'transparent EDD' thing figured out.

Thankfully all in the past now - pleasure waiting with you names I've seen every day for what seemed like forever.
To those still waiting good luck and I hope your wait ends soon.

And the pics...
PXL_20220510_210636669.jpg

PXL_20220510_214922000.jpg

PXL_20220510_214945769.jpg
PXL_20220510_214958421.jpg

Thank you September group for helping make this 223 day wait WAY more bearable and sometimes fun.
Took delivery this afternoon - car was 99.9% perfect - couple of smudges which the delivery assistants dealt with right away - overall the car was in immaculate condition. Delivery staff were super nice, no rush👍

- screen is beautiful
- color is beautiful
- overall a really nice car, I like it! (my teens like it too so this is going to be interesting )

- GREAT: all the people that I've met so far have been nice, helpful and efficient
- GOOD: my original EDD flipped from March to April the evening I ordered - got VIN'd on April 28th and got it today so I'd say the original EDD was pretty accurate
- TERRIBLE: the app/EDD updates ruined what could have been a really good experience - everything would have been 10,000 times better had I never known what an EDD was and spared myself the futile, crazy, infuriating 211 day ride until getting my VIN.
Tesla, if you're listening - keep the initial estimate and save the next contact until it's time to schedule delivery until you've got this 'transparent EDD' thing figured out.

Thankfully all in the past now - pleasure waiting with you names I've seen every day for what seemed like forever.

And the pics...
View attachment 802771
View attachment 802772
View attachment 802773View attachment 802774
very nice.

What is the wheel/tire that you have there? dont recognize it.

- screen is beautiful
- color is beautiful

And the pics...
View attachment 802771
View attachment 802772
View attachment 802773View attachment 802774
Congratulations! Looks beautiful!

We got our VINs the same day. I’m scheduled for Thursday. Hope my final words will be the same as yours. 👍🏽

Reactions: Stardew
I just want my car 😭😭😭😭

So tomorrow I have an appointment at Carmax to sell my car. Which is 1 mile from the dealer.

I WILL be going to the DC to see what is going on. Tomorrow will be 16 days since I received a VIN and still don't have a car.

This "it is in transit" "it is in Alabama " is getting old! Someone who got a VIN on 4/28 already has their car and they are not even in North America!!

I got a VIN on 4/25! Supposedly my car is 3 hours away! This is BS! Tomorrow they will have to look at a human being! And I swear if my car is sitting in the lot Someone will have to SERIOUSLY explain themselves!

Sure... but now interest rates are rising and expected to continue to rise... you will be saving up to pay down higher interests.
I will only think about that once a month when I make a payment! Saying STUPID COVID, STUPID RUSSIAN/UKRAINE WAR! STUPID GOVERNMENT! STUPID SELFISH POLITICIANS! STUPID TESLA FOR MAKING ME WAIT SO LONG! STUPID ME FOR WAITING SO LONG TO RESERVE ONE!

I just want my car 😭😭😭😭

So tomorrow I have an appointment at Carmax to sell my car. Which is 1 mile from the dealer.

I WILL be going to the DC to see what is going on. Tomorrow will be 16 days since I received a VIN and still don't have a car.

This "it is in transit" "it is in Alabama " is getting old! Someone who got a VIN on 4/28 already has their car and they are not even in North America!!

I got a VIN on 4/25! Supposedly my car is 3 hours away! This is BS! Tomorrow they will have to look at a human being! And I swear if my car is sitting in the lot Someone will have to SERIOUSLY explain themselves!
Too bad they dont give you access to the location part of the app before you take delivery! My other half uses it all the time to see where I am at! LOL

• Funny
Reactions: AbeTes and Jdizzl11
A flawless delivery process today. The vehicle was 100%. Absolutely within spec on every single point. Delivery associate was helpful and friendly; he and I talked for about 30 minutes as he showed me some tips about the car. I drove just enough this evening to a) finish calibrating the cameras for autopilot and b) know that I absolutely LOVE this machine.

The rough ride people talk about in reviews is much overstated; my wife and I found it to be a very comfortable ride. The sound system is excellent as well. Wind and traffic noise is minimal, but there is some road noise (most of which I attribute to not having an engine hum to mask it). I just love it. Not much time for pictures today (other than me at the DC looking like an absolute giddy goober). Will post some tomorrow.

I've dubbed him Dr. Manhattan.

I regret changing from 7 seater to 5 seater last week. My edd was June 1-jun29 and now my edd is sept - November.
Sorry to hear that. =/ Made the same change in late March thinking switching to a 5 seater would get my car faster... nope. I had the same June EDD range which got pushed to AUG-OCT (IIRC - I posted about it in March).

Decided if I was ever going to see a car before 1 year from order, would need to just pay up and chose to upgrade to MYP for $2K more than my original order (after removing $3K seats and $2K wheels) rather than try to add FSD for another $10K. Have had the car for just about 40 days now and glad to have made the change. Ended up costing a bit more as I bit the bullet to swap out the 21s for aftermarket 19s but much happier now than I think I would've been with the MYLR with the factory 19s.

Anyway, hope everyone here gets their cars soon! Have friends who ordered base MYLR last month... I don't think they'll see their cars until 2023 even though they're being told it will arrive by the end of the year... =/

Reactions: OmbreCake
Sorry to hear that. =/ Made the same change in late March thinking switching to a 5 seater would get my car faster... nope. I had the same June EDD range which got pushed to AUG-OCT (IIRC - I posted about it in March).

Decided if I was ever going to see a car before 1 year from order, would need to just pay up and chose to upgrade to MYP for $2K more than my original order (after removing $3K seats and $2K wheels) rather than try to add FSD for another $10K. Have had the car for just about 40 days now and glad to have made the change. Ended up costing a bit more as I bit the bullet to swap out the 21s for aftermarket 19s but much happier now than I think I would've been with the MYLR with the factory 19s.

Anyway, hope everyone here gets their cars soon! Have friends who ordered base MYLR last month... I don't think they'll see their cars until 2023 even though they're being told it will arrive by the end of the year... =/
I thought about upgrading to performance as well. But the better half said NO!! to that thought pretty fast.