Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got this one as I have a buddy that also has a 7 seater with the white interior, that has had his Y for over a year including the record summer that we had here in Oregon where it was over 115 degrees. Still looks good…might depend on where you live though.

Thank you September group for helping make this 223 day wait WAY more bearable and sometimes fun.
Took delivery this afternoon - car was 99.9% perfect - couple of smudges which the delivery assistants dealt with right away - overall the car was in immaculate condition. Delivery staff were super nice, no rush👍

Thoughts about the car...
- cabin's quieter and more comfortable than I thought
- for a compact SUV handles pretty well
- screen is beautiful
- color is beautiful
- overall a really nice car, I like it! (my teens like it too so this is going to be interesting )

Thoughts about the process...
- GREAT: all the people that I've met so far have been nice, helpful and efficient
- GOOD: my original EDD flipped from March to April the evening I ordered - got VIN'd on April 28th and got it today so I'd say the original EDD was pretty accurate
- TERRIBLE: the app/EDD updates ruined what could have been a really good experience - everything would have been 10,000 times better had I never known what an EDD was and spared myself the futile, crazy, infuriating 211 day ride until getting my VIN.
Tesla, if you're listening - keep the initial estimate and save the next contact until it's time to schedule delivery until you've got this 'transparent EDD' thing figured out.

Thankfully all in the past now - pleasure waiting with you names I've seen every day for what seemed like forever.
To those still waiting good luck and I hope your wait ends soon.

And the pics...
View attachment 802771
View attachment 802772
View attachment 802773View attachment 802774
Great write up @bob00! I totally feel the same looking in the tiny rear view mirror (Y joke sorry). Pics looks great and so happy for you man!

Glad to see others getting their cars. I'm still in Tunisia and had set up home delivery for the 9th. My son had dropped off on the check and It was processed. Keep in mind the Home delivery idea was Tesla's, not mine. Then on the 7th I got a message stating that they would not be able to home deliver and asked me to come down to pick up the car on the 9th! Incredible. I told them I will not return until the 15th so they said no problem, I can pick it up on the 16th. Interesting because they previously said they had no room to hold vehicles. Now both my wife and I have tested positive for Covid and are being quarantined for 10 days! Although we are well the dumb rule is 10 days and if we test positive again we need doctors approval to get out of country. Man I am so done with international travel. If we do not make it home next week I'll ask Tesla to home deliver but who knows if they can.

It appears Tesla is recalling the vehicles equipped with Ryzen based info entertainment systems. Applies to Models S, X 3 and Y. CPU overheating issue causing failures. Fix is just a firmware update. I doubt this will delay some deliveries, but who knows.

• Informative
Reactions: bob00
It appears Tesla is recalling the vehicles equipped with Ryzen based info entertainment systems. Applies to Models S, X 3 and Y. CPU overheating issue causing failures. Fix is just a firmware update. I doubt this will delay some deliveries, but who knows.

You missed the key paragraph.

The electric vehicle maker will provide an over-the-air software update to resolve the issue, according to the NHTSA

I just want my car 😭😭😭😭

So tomorrow I have an appointment at Carmax to sell my car. Which is 1 mile from the dealer.

I WILL be going to the DC to see what is going on. Tomorrow will be 16 days since I received a VIN and still don't have a car.

This "it is in transit" "it is in Alabama " is getting old! Someone who got a VIN on 4/28 already has their car and they are not even in North America!!

I got a VIN on 4/25! Supposedly my car is 3 hours away! This is BS! Tomorrow they will have to look at a human being! And I swear if my car is sitting in the lot Someone will have to SERIOUSLY explain themselves!
Hope it goes well!

Someone who got a VIN on 4/28 already has their car and they are not even in North America!!

If you're referring to @bob00, Canada is in North America.

I just want my car 😭😭😭😭

So tomorrow I have an appointment at Carmax to sell my car. Which is 1 mile from the dealer.

I WILL be going to the DC to see what is going on. Tomorrow will be 16 days since I received a VIN and still don't have a car.

This "it is in transit" "it is in Alabama " is getting old! Someone who got a VIN on 4/28 already has their car and they are not even in North America!!

I got a VIN on 4/25! Supposedly my car is 3 hours away! This is BS! Tomorrow they will have to look at a human being! And I swear if my car is sitting in the lot Someone will have to SERIOUSLY explain themselves!
I'm in the same boat. Received my VIN 16 days ago. They told me my car arrived at the delivery center already (arrived on 5/4 actually) and is going through the final inspection... apparently that takes over 2 weeks..

You missed the key paragraph.

The electric vehicle maker will provide an over-the-air software update to resolve the issue, according to the NHTSA
I saw that it would be an over the air firmware update, but might the delivery center wait for the car to get the update before customer delivery.

BTW - Last Friday my EDD went from 14-26 May to "June Jail". Some on here speculated my VIn would be coming soon. However, this morning I received a new EDD of 24 May - 3 June (a 10 day window, the shortest I've had so far). Hopefully I will receive the VIN within the next week or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: Merner
I'm in the same boat. Received my VIN 16 days ago. They told me my car arrived at the delivery center already (arrived on 5/4 actually) and is going through the final inspection... apparently that takes over 2 weeks..
Same boat here as well! Got VIN on 4/27 and being told to wait for 'inspection'. No definite date but told probably the week of may16 for delivery date. My VIN is 418xxx

Im from CT and waiting on Mt Kisco center in NY. @Lukeg5 same is the case with you?! Hoping there will be something positive next week. Just want to be done with this now. Vague answers from Mt Kisco dont help.

Reactions: HotIce13
Same boat here as well! Got VIN on 4/27 and being told to wait for 'inspection'. No definite date but told probably the week of may16 for delivery date. My VIN is 418xxx

Im from CT and waiting on Mt Kisco center in NY. @Lukeg5 same is the case with you?! Hoping there will be something positive next week. Just want to be done with this now. Vague answers from Mt Kisco dont help.
Yep! Exact same narrative. Mt. Kisco told me the week of may 16th and actually allowed me to schedule delivery for the 16th.

I called yesterday and they said “it is still expected to be ready next week.”

It’s annoying because they have allowed me to schedule a delivery date twice so I’ve had to get ask Geico to change the coverage start date and reschedule the closing date with my credit union since both dates have to match up.

Did they allow you to schedule a delivery day for next week?

I saw that it would be an over the air firmware update, but might the delivery center wait for the car to get the update before customer delivery.

BTW - Last Friday my EDD went from 14-26 May to "June Jail". Some on here speculated my VIn would be coming soon. However, this morning I received a new EDD of 24 May - 3 June (a 10 day window, the shortest I've had so far). Hopefully I will receive the VIN within the next week or two.
I also received your new EDD, and am also in S Florida....might not be coincidence.

I took delivery yesterday. It was very smooth and the car was just amazing to drive. I know folks must have heard it so many times, but all the waiting was worth it. 😭 I had a little chat with the delivery representative as well. Nicely and consistently showing your passion for your vehicle definitely enables the delivery center to prioritize your need. When I called on Monday, I also shared my traveling plan in a few days and expressed my concerns and hope some efficiency to be gained for both parties. I think that makes a difference. Though the parts have arrived, but not enough for every car that is waiting for delivery. Imgaine that.... Good luck to all the September crew. I hope you all get your Tesla sooner. ☺️☺️