Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got pushed back again this morning. EDD went from 5/10 - 5/23 to 5/20 - 6/3. I swear this car is never coming. Might have to go to my DC and ask in person what the hell is going on.
I would totally stop by the DC and make friends...all you need is one nice one to go the extra mile and see what they can do. Good luck man!

Has anyone with a VIN assigned car on parts hold financed with DCU?

I have a check sitting on my desk and an open loan account with the bank.

DCU will need the title and insurance documents in few days for sure. Even if the check has not been cashed yet, what happens to the open loan account?

Okay... I'm at day 240 with 22 days until the start of my latest 28-day, EDD. I will potentially put me at 262+ days since order/profile completion. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling a day later to no avail. I saw someone mentioned a goat sacrifice and running around your house backwards three times. Has anyone tried this and if so does it work to get a VIN? If not, I am open to any ideas...🤪

Okay... I'm at day 240 with 22 days until the start of my latest 28-day, EDD. I will potentially put me at 262+ days since order/profile completion. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling a day later to no avail. I saw someone mentioned a goat sacrifice and running around your house backwards three times. Has anyone tried this and if so does it work to get a VIN? If not, I am open to any ideas...🤪
Goat - yes that was me - it appeared to work.
I did also call my SA and asked nicely if there was a chance that something good would happen soon.
One of the 2 worked but try calling the SA first

When I had that long stretch before the start of the EDD, that was the only difference and what ultimately made it happen. Logic goes out the window with this EDD process. I am with so many others in that I would have been much happier with an original EDD when you submit the order and then no updates until you get a VIN. Is it a long time with no info? Yeah but worth the lack of headaches...

So my order keeps getting pushed back I had a EDD of 05/09 - 05/23 and it went to 06/15 - 7/20. What I have noticed is most orders with Tow have been the ones getting pushed back. So I modified my order yesterday and removed Tow to see if that changes anything. Ill keep you all updated.
please keep us posted - i modified my order (from 7 seater to 5 seater) last week and my EDD got pushed to Sept-Nov. OD is Sept 21 2021.

So my order keeps getting pushed back I had a EDD of 05/09 - 05/23 and it went to 06/15 - 7/20. What I have noticed is most orders with Tow have been the ones getting pushed back. So I modified my order yesterday and removed Tow to see if that changes anything. Ill keep you all updated.
seems like it cant hurt... you already have the optional wheels to give them incentive to move a white one your way... and tow stuff is that many more parts a shortage wouldn’t affect you on, if there’s one going on with tow systems.

So I accidentally engaged the "More Cowbell" mode today on the way to work and it honestly freaked me out! :p🤣. @Hunter6 any news? I have a service appointment (there is a little nub in the trim that needs to be fixed) so I will ask again about the parts. Makes me wonder if the other reason they were holding it was due to the recall?
No news, last I heard they "hadn't received any parts" even though they very obviously did. Gonna keep bothering them until I get the car. They probably want me to get it more than I do just so they don't have to deal with me.

So SA says car has arrived and going through inspection, should be good to go on Thursday “given no issues arise”.

Confidence level is at about 30% right now. Can’t even get my self to request the afternoon off from work for pick up.
My confidence level that my car arrives before Q3 is about 0.03%. Just heard today that the Fremont factory is running above capacity lmao. Where are they all going?

I just want my car 😭😭😭😭

So tomorrow I have an appointment at Carmax to sell my car. Which is 1 mile from the dealer.

I WILL be going to the DC to see what is going on. Tomorrow will be 16 days since I received a VIN and still don't have a car.

This "it is in transit" "it is in Alabama " is getting old! Someone who got a VIN on 4/28 already has their car and they are not even in North America!!

I got a VIN on 4/25! Supposedly my car is 3 hours away! This is BS! Tomorrow they will have to look at a human being! And I swear if my car is sitting in the lot Someone will have to SERIOUSLY explain themselves!
At least you actually have a VIN...

Reactions: cc333
I hate that it is taking so long for everyone. They push you to get insurance and then you end up paying for two weeks of insurance for nothing.
Yeah, as a leading auto / tech company & a company trying to streamline efficiencies (minimalism design, few options), you would think they have everything in order as "efficient" as they possibly can, but no.... it's just a few color choice, 2 seating interiors, wheels (can be swappable) it's not that hard, yet it's so complicated for some reason.