Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why do you think we aren't getting the matrix headlights?

Same to you!!
Thanks.

I've read on some of the other threads that probably due to parts shortages they are installing the matrix headlights only on the performance model Y. It's just a minor downgrade for now- only fun I had with it is Tesla projecting from headlights during light show!

Quick way to find out which headlight is see if there a round light in outer portion of headlight (circled in red in my model 3 headlight picture)

Anyways, all I hope is that there isn't anything else major missing- sucks that you can't open the car and inspect it before accepting delivery. Still I'm gonna take a walk around externally before handing my check over to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jdizzl11
Here's the picture of matrix headlights. Forgot to attach in above post!
PXL_20220512_224625361~2.jpg

Went to the DC today. Guy literally said it's in the service center and they are just waiting on the ECU to install and I'll be on my way. Mentioned I should probably hear next week, but not holding my breath. So crazy to think no Tesla employee "knows" when the parts will be in. What a tease knowing it's just sitting there waiting! Congrats to all those scheduling and picking up!

Went to the DC today. Guy literally said it's in the service center and they are just waiting on the ECU to install and I'll be on my way. Mentioned I should probably hear next week, but not holding my breath. So crazy to think no Tesla employee "knows" when the parts will be in. What a tease knowing it's just sitting there waiting! Congrats to all those scheduling and picking up!
That is BS!! 🙏🙏🤞🤞 the parts come in soon!!!

Thanks.

I've read on some of the other threads that probably due to parts shortages they are installing the matrix headlights only on the performance model Y. It's just a minor downgrade for now- only fun I had with it is Tesla projecting from headlights during light show!

Quick way to find out which headlight is see if there a round light in outer portion of headlight (circled in red in my model 3 headlight picture)

Anyways, all I hope is that there isn't anything else major missing- sucks that you can't open the car and inspect it before accepting delivery. Still I'm gonna take a walk around externally before handing my check over to them.
Do you guys know if we will get all the other upgrades everyone is talking about? Razon (I have no idea what that is, the double pane windows, and I think there is one more thing..... oh the trunk cover thingy.

Do you guys know if we will get all the other upgrades everyone is talking about? Razon (I have no idea what that is, the double pane windows, and I think there is one more thing..... oh the trunk cover thingy.

It is just the processor. Cars shipped before Jan 2022 had a very old Intel while after had AMZ Ryzen processor. AMD is newer and much faster than Intel. You can verify it this way: (26) How To Check For AMD Ryzen Tesla - How To See if Your Tesla Has AMD Ryzen Infotainment Processor - YouTube. 99.99% it had AMD. I will reject the car if its Intel, but that is just my preference.

I wish we would get double paned rear window. US Model Y's only have double paned front windows. I guess China and now Berlin made cars get rear double paned windows too. It would have helped with a quieter ride. I wish we would get that honestly.

The trunk/privacy cover is also for cars made in China.

US made cars get all the new features last. No Matrix LED, no double paned rear windows and no trunk privacy cover (or whatever they are called).

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Jdizzl11
One more thing...... will my SA show me how to drive my car? This will be the first time ever even sitting in a Tesla 🤣
They will but also depends on how many other folks are picking up their cars. I would recommend you to watch few videos in "Learn" section of the Tesla app.

YouTube got tonnes, so definitely recommend watching 1-2. It is not that different but not entirely same as an ICE vehicle.

They will but also depends on how many other folks are picking up their cars. I would recommend you to watch few videos in "Learn" section of the Tesla app.

YouTube got tonnes, so definitely recommend watching 1-2. It is not that different but not entirely same as an ICE vehicle.
Thanks!!! I just spent the last hour watching tutorial videos 🤣🤣🤣 So EXCITED!!!!!

OD 9/28 - EMOTIONAL rollercoaster of EDDs - 7 months and 27 days later got a VIN - EMOTIONAL schedule delivery text roller coaster - 13 days later got that joyous text message to schedule delivery - then 18 days later after the where is my Tesla rollercoaster....... I finally get to pick up my Millie!!!!

Reactions: MemoY
Has anyone been randomly put on hold? My OD is last year, EDD not for a few months. I check religiously and this morning it said I was on hold, but this was not something I requestes. I immediately pressed “I’m ready” and within a few minutes my original EDd from yesterday was back. Just freaks me out as I’ve been waiting many months already and Ive heard that Tesla may cancel if you hold too many times…