Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are doing that. They said it is going to take them 30 days to fix once the parts come in! Because they are so backed up.

They are the only Tesla certified shop in my area. Otherwise I would have to drive an hour away and they are also dealing with a back up.
Wondering how much of 20k is because of being the only “Tesla certified shop”. Maybe try getting a quote from some other shops?

Wondering how much of 20k is because of being the only “Tesla certified shop”. Maybe try getting a quote from some other shops?
Unfortunately, I will not take my Tesla to a shop that is not certified with Tesla. There is so much that can go wrong if the person repairing your Tesla knows nothing about them.

I dont have to pay the 20k. I just pay my deductible.

It finally happened, picked up yesterday! Everything looked pretty good, normal issues with panel gaps around the trunk but other than that was great. I did get mudflaps and side PPF for free which was nice.
Tesla Pickup.jpg

It finally happened, picked up yesterday! Everything looked pretty good, normal issues with panel gaps around the trunk but other than that was great. I did get mudflaps and side PPF for free which was nice.
View attachment 806139
Didn't get mudflaps or ppf, but yeah, same... bad rear. Front is ok except for the pillar where there's a gap on one side. Did they offer to fix your gap? Mine said no, it's part of the "manufacturing process" they only fix paint.

Reactions: Hunter6
Didn't get mudflaps or ppf, but yeah, same... bad rear. Front is ok except for the pillar where there's a gap on one side. Did they offer to fix your gap? Mine said no, it's part of the "manufacturing process" they only fix paint.
Sales advisor who was helping me said one of the gaps was outside of their tolerances, but the service team I have been messaging with is trying to tell me it is most likely within tolerances and I would have to pay for it. I can fit my pinky all the way in the gap, which is technically how they measure it (dumbest thing I've heard). We will see what happens when I take it in next weekend. Very happy with the car overall though!

Sales advisor who was helping me said one of the gaps was outside of their tolerances, but the service team I have been messaging with is trying to tell me it is most likely within tolerances and I would have to pay for it. I can fit my pinky all the way in the gap, which is technically how they measure it (dumbest thing I've heard). We will see what happens when I take it in next weekend. Very happy with the car overall though!
Tolerance is very subjective, prob how they felt. It was within range, so they can't fix it.

My 2020 M3 the hood sticks up more on one side and the other side is flush with the bumper. They told me the same thing that it was within specs and they wouldn't touch it. Boooooo!